Developer: Kunal Sood
Current Version: 1.2.0
Last Updated: 15 days ago
Download Size: 29.9 MB - Download
Love RSS feeds? So do we!!
RSS feeds are a great way to follow updates on your favorite website. However, some sites set up their feeds to only show a portion of each entry, you know, to get you to click through to their actual website. We find that really annoying, and we're sure you do too.
Which is why, unlike other RSS feed readers, that either push you into a browser (in-app or otherwise), or depend on third party text parsing services and require you to be online to fetch the full text of one article at a time (which makes it no different from having to click/tap through to a website), in lire, you get your favorite RSS feeds as they should've been. You don't need to click through to any website (though, you do still have the option to, if you really wanted). It takes your favorite partial feeds, does it's magic, and converts them in to full feeds, so you don't have to click/tap on those annoying 'Read more' or 'Continue reading' links.
Once they're cached, you don't even need to be connected to read your full-text feeds.
Use as a standalone feed reader,
sync with any of the several services: Feedly, Feedbin, FeedHQ, The Old Reader, Inoreader, BazQux Reader, Newsblur, Feed Wrangler.
Massive update to support macOS Big Sur.
- Completely overhauled UI.
- Improved rendering: App now renders at 100% scale, making text crystal clear.
- Widgets for Latest Articles, configurable to show only articles from source of your choice.
- Widgets for Hot Links.
- Added ability to open articles in new tabs.
- In-app browser now opens in a new tab, making for a much more macOS like transition.
- New default accent color, with support of customized accent color set in system settings.
- Added support customized sidebar icon size set in system settings.
- Improved keyboard navigation.
- New font options.
- Added GoodLinks and Raindrop.io as Toolbar shortcut options.
- Tons of other minor bug fixes.
If you enjoy using lire, please leave a review, or tell a friend about it. That helps a lot!
Most Helpful Reviews
Best RSS reader - I have been using all kinds of RSS readers since the early days of NetNewWire, none of the apps is as good as libre. All RSS apps are good in respects, bad in some respects, none is really perfect, but I think lire has all the good features that I am looking for such as simplicity of the user interface, fast, disply full text (which I think is the best RSS feature).
It simply doesn't work. - Was looking for something to sync Newsblur with. On the first launch it throws a few errors, and then it disables the options to sync with any third parties, leaving you with a blank screen. I have no problem with buggy apps, things happen, but for $20 that's really not cool to release something that simply doesn't work on initial launch.