Developer: Technimo LLC
Current Version: 2020.7.1
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 51.6 MB - Download
Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 50 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
New in 2020.7.1:
- Minor bug fixes
New in 2020.7:
- Updated Cuba-Son Montuno 2-3 and 3-2 styles
- Improve search with high quality results at the top
- Fixed Pop RnB Rhodes part going out of sync on long songs
- Change guitar part in Blues Lucille to play long notes with 4 chords per measure
- Fix issue with songs in 7/4 and 9/8 time signatures not playing a drum crash at the beginning of song sections
- Improved voicing selection for keyboard and guitar instruments to avoid really high and low registers
- Fixed volume getting louder with distortions when adding reverb in the mixer
Most Helpful Reviews
This is THE app to have if you are a musician - I have been looking for good charting program for over 20 years. I was blown away to find it (first) on an iPhone. It was cool enough to have that available on an iPhone, and later (even better) an iPad, but the fact is, for charting and managing your charts, this is simply the best app I have ever seen. I show this to every musician I play with (and some that I don't.) They are all blown away, and most get it pretty quickly. One musician I showed it to (a teacher) told me a story about how he was sitting in with a jazz group, when someone in the audience had a request for something they didn't know. They all pulled out their phones, and off they went. This teacher now highlights iRealB in the resources section of the handout he provides to his students. The developer is responsive (I sent an email a few years back and got an immediate response - but don't hold him to that now - he is probably MUCH busier these days.) He is obviously a craftsman who takes great pride in this product, as he should. And no, I am not a family friend - I don't know him. I am a longtime software developer myself (that's my day job,) and I really appreciate a well crafted software program like this one. I wouldn't want to be without it. Outstanding. Ten stars.
Broken for me - Long time user. Went to open recently, it asked for my apple ID. Then just bobbed on the dock. Tried to force quit, appeared and dissapeared in the menu. app store told me to delete the app and reload. I did. losing the charts I’d made? Everytime I try to reload or open from app store, it asks for my ID, telling me it had been purchased on a different mac. Accepts my ID, then moments later asks again. I tried all kinds of ways to get to administrator on the website, it won’t recognize or accept the email ( at least 10 yrs old) Won’t accept the user ID and password for the website that I just created. When I try to use the contact form and hit Submit button, it just sits there. Doesn’t point out an error, doesn’t tell me my message has been sent. I’m stranded, getting frustrated. That one star used to be 5. Hope it will be again
More Reviews for Current Version
Essential App for Jam Sessions - I use iReal all the time. My only real complaint is that you can't use some of the instruments on some accompaniments. I would like to be able to replace piano comping with jazz guitar comping without having to select guitar trio as the backing track.
Great App - As a recent user, I have not used all the features of this app but what I have used has impressed me. I created my own progression and then looped it thru the app to practice chord variations and scale/arpeggios. Also I had a question regarding the back up instruments and tech support responded within a reasonable amount of time. Price is very good for what is provided. Thank you so much for creating this app. rick larry