Weather Widget Desktop +
Developer: Voros Innovation
Current Version: 3.6.0
Last Updated: 19 days ago
Download Size: 288.1 MB - Download
Always stay up to date with the weather with a stylish weather widget on your desktop! A selection of attractive widget designs to choose from.
Use the widget to give you an overview of the weather, or for a more in-depth forecast you can open the detailed weather window.
The Weather Widget app icon also gives you a brief forecast or overview of current conditions in both the Dock and the menu bar.
- Forecast locations worldwide
- Multiple locations support
- Imperial or Metric units (F & mph or C & km/h)
- Start at login option
- Choose from a selection of widget design options
- Move your widget anywhere on your desktop with the Click & Drag feature in the app preferences
- Option to resize your widget
- Option to change opacity of your widget (make it see-through)
- Hot corner functionality: set a hot corner to instantly reveal desktop & widget by moving mouse to that corner
- “Show Desktop” functionality: moves all windows away to show desktop & widget after a set period of inactivity
Menu bar Weather
- Menu bar can be set to show current temperature, forecast or wind
- One click on menu bar shows brief drop-down forecast
- Easy access to app menu to open detailed weather window and app settings
- Dock icon appearance can be customised
- Dock icon can be set to show current temperature, forecast or wind
- Menu bar also shows the weather
- Click the dock icon once to bring up the detailed weather window
- The detailed weather window also provides a 3-day 2-hourly forecast
- Switch easily between your locations with the drop down locations menu
+bug fixes and general improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Great Little App - Accurate, Unobstrusive - I got the paid v to replace Apple’s Dashboard widget that died years ago. I work on a ranch, so I have to be exquisitiely tuned in to the weather on an hour-to-hour basis. For the first few days, I checked the app’s data against The Weather Channel, which I consulted every day. I still use TWC for hourly forecasts, but I love the WeatherWidget in my Menu bar. There are a couple of UI things I would do differently, like put the overnight low *after* the daytime high in the dropdown from the Menu Bar in the format x/y where x = daytime high and y = overnight low, but not a major functional issue. It’s just confusing when you want to know whether to blanket your horse at night or not!
It would be nice if it worked. - I installed this on my MBA with Mojave and at first it seemed really nice. Tonight I noticed that the temperature in the menu bar icon said 11, when in fact it was only 1 outside (yeah, cold snap here). I looked and it was reporting the temperature from Monday and listing Tuesday (really yesterday as it is 1AM Wednesday ) as a forcast. Quitting and restarting the app, made it update, but that's not a valid solution.
More Reviews for Current Version
Good App - For what I do, I need accurate weather: wind at a given time of day, humidity, wind direction. So far, so good as in accurate.
Weather widget desktop - Excellent handles tools for keeping daily actualization weather.
good - pretty accurate. and some chices for the desktop. this is the best wether app so far for me.
Simple, useful app - A quick glance tells me the weather in my area for nearly a week. Fast, accurate, and simple - a perfect app
Simple, Good Loooking, And Fit to Purpose. - I like this app and look at it several times daily. It is simple, small, and stays out of my way.