Weather Widget Desktop +
Developer: Voros Innovation
Current Version: 3.6.2
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 288.3 MB - Download
Always stay up to date with the weather with a stylish weather widget on your desktop! A selection of attractive widget designs to choose from.
Use the widget to give you an overview of the weather, or for a more in-depth forecast you can open the detailed weather window.
The Weather Widget app icon also gives you a brief forecast or overview of current conditions in both the Dock and the menu bar.
- Forecast locations worldwide
- Multiple locations support
- Imperial or Metric units (F & mph or C & km/h)
- Start at login option
- Choose from a selection of widget design options
- Move your widget anywhere on your desktop with the Click & Drag feature in the app preferences
- Option to resize your widget
- Option to change opacity of your widget (make it see-through)
- Hot corner functionality: set a hot corner to instantly reveal desktop & widget by moving mouse to that corner
- “Show Desktop” functionality: moves all windows away to show desktop & widget after a set period of inactivity
Menu bar Weather
- Menu bar can be set to show current temperature, forecast or wind
- One click on menu bar shows brief drop-down forecast
- Easy access to app menu to open detailed weather window and app settings
- Dock icon appearance can be customised
- Dock icon can be set to show current temperature, forecast or wind
- Menu bar also shows the weather
- Click the dock icon once to bring up the detailed weather window
- The detailed weather window also provides a 3-day 2-hourly forecast
- Switch easily between your locations with the drop down locations menu
+bug fixes and general improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Great Little App - Accurate, Unobstrusive - I got the paid v to replace Apple’s Dashboard widget that died years ago. I work on a ranch, so I have to be exquisitiely tuned in to the weather on an hour-to-hour basis. For the first few days, I checked the app’s data against The Weather Channel, which I consulted every day. I still use TWC for hourly forecasts, but I love the WeatherWidget in my Menu bar. There are a couple of UI things I would do differently, like put the overnight low *after* the daytime high in the dropdown from the Menu Bar in the format x/y where x = daytime high and y = overnight low, but not a major functional issue. It’s just confusing when you want to know whether to blanket your horse at night or not!
It would be nice if it worked. - I installed this on my MBA with Mojave and at first it seemed really nice. Tonight I noticed that the temperature in the menu bar icon said 11, when in fact it was only 1 outside (yeah, cold snap here). I looked and it was reporting the temperature from Monday and listing Tuesday (really yesterday as it is 1AM Wednesday ) as a forcast. Quitting and restarting the app, made it update, but that's not a valid solution.
More Reviews for Current Version
Does What Does and Does It Well - We travel quite a bit so we're changing our location quite a bit. This app is consistently on target with the forecast.
It works - Weather Widget does exactly what I want it to. It keeps track of the weather at my current location and several others that I'm interested in.
Excellent and Convenient Weather Info - Every significant item of weather data is avilable for a 48 (or more) hour period.
Great app. Multi locations. Love it. - This app is waaaaay better than the de-funct old Apple weather widget. I like checking in on different places before travel. Super attractive imagery, accurate, nice link up on the tool bar. Could not be happier.
DESKTOP WIDGET - They don't come any finer than this!! Can't live without it!! Always there and easy to see~~as big or small as you want it. How cool can it be?????? Thank you!!!!!