Starfish - Get Things Done
Developer: Grant Grueninger
Current Version: 1.13.0
Last Updated: 15 days ago
Download Size: 4.7 MB - Download
Free 1-month trial! Starfish is designed to strictly implement David Allen's GTD methodology.
Based on the book "Getting Things Done" and designs released by David Allen during the GTD Summit in June 2019, Starfish works with you as you implement and follow GTD. *
The app is organized the way you'd set up a paper GTD system as described in Getting Things Done, with "Inbox", "Lists", "Calendar" and "Reference" as separate tabs.
- Go to Lists > Next Actions and add some contexts, like:
- At Computer
- At Office (miscellaneous)
- At Home
- Agendas (for people and meetings)
- Mind sweep all the "stuff" clouding your mind into your Inbox. Don't worry about processing them, just tap, enter, back to Inbox, repeat.
- Once your mind is clear, get some coffee, then come back and process your inbox. Starfish helps you rapidly process your inbox using a condensed GTD flowchart and automatically sorts your items into the right list:
- Is this item actionable?
- Trash it (trash can),
- Defer it (clock icon), or
- Move it to Reference (box icon).
- More than one step to complete?
- Tap the multi-lined-note icon;
it's a "Project" in GTD terms.
- Single action?
- Tap the single-lined-note icon.
- Ready to get to work? Go to Lists > Next Actions, select a context, and pick an action. You can tap through to the action's project, take notes, update the status, etc.
Not just another list manager - frictionlessly implements GTD to work with you as you implement and execute GTD:
- Condensed flowchart lets you rapidly process inbox items to Someday/Maybe, Tickler File, Project, Next Actions and Reference lists.
- Process email directly in the app - no more forwarding from your mail app.
- Delegate actions via email from within the app without having to look at your inbox and get distracted.
- Projects auto-group to make sure they're kept current: those that need next actions, those that are active, then those that are waiting for delegated actions.
- Areas of Focus let you manage projects within areas like work, personal, etc.
- Add notes to inbox items, actions, projects or reference items - Starfish auto-timestamps them for you.
- Search all your projects.
- Link reference and support materials to projects.
- See your "Starfish - Get Things Done" and Calendar events on the Calendar tab.
Feed into your inbox so you don't miss any ideas:
- Add an IMAP account to have email come directly into your GTD inbox.
- Quick-add items on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with home screen shortcut.
- Add items to your inbox using Siri on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Select text or URL in any app that supports sharing and share it into your Starfish inbox.
- Set up a hotkey to the Quick Entry screen.
Built to work smoothly on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch:
- Automatically syncs via iCloud to your devices, no login or accout setup needed.
- Auto-saves as you go.
- Written in native iOS, iPadOS and MacOS "Catalyst" for maximum performance.
- One subscription covers all your devices, no per-platform charges or surprises.
- Link reference items to your other tools - cloud storage, email programs, etc. - for a centralized place from which to rule your digital realm.
- Full support for dark mode.
Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled within 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can cancel anytime with your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription.
Terms of Service: http://www.cognitivestarfish.com/starfish/starfish-terms-of-service/
* The developers are not affiliated with David Allen & Co; We are just avid followers of the Getting Things Done methodology.
The Calendar tab is now your one-stop place to view your day:
- The Calendar tab shows items from your device's Calendar
- The Calendar tab shows Due actions
- The Calendar tab shows due projects
Little, long-awaited enhancements:
- When looking at your Someday/Maybe list, you can click an item to see the item details
- You can type to search when selecting a project for an action or reference item
- You can move a general Reference item to a project and vice-versa
- You can tell the deferred state of a project or action when looking at its detail screen
- When you defer an email, you can link from the deferred item to the original email
- The subscription screen correctly reads “1-month free trial” instead of “30-day free trial”
- The Mac version checks your subscription status when the app is backgrounded/foregrounded like the iOS version does
- You can select a context for an action in a project when processing the inbox w/o the app crashing