Developer: Slack Technologies, Inc.
Current Version: 4.6.0
Last Updated: 11 days ago
Download Size: 73.9 MB - Download
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
• Batten the hatches! The app sandbox is now enabled for all web content. This is a fancy way of saying we’ve dialed up the security of the app. It wasn’t unsafe before, but it’s double safe now.
• A preference that allows you to choose a unique save location per download, instead of choosing a folder for all of them. For the choosy types.
• Downloading app updates is less prone to timing out on slow networks, as we’ve extended the timeout to something reasonable.
• The Close button has returned to its rightful place on notifications, for all your dismissing needs.
• If you found yourself, in some distant past, trying to start a song on Spotify with your keyboard’s play button, and it did not respond to your command while Slack was front and center, pesky hardware media keys were the problem. And this version is the cure.
• The app should be less spicy to your CPU when you’re viewing certain network error pages.
• When a download completes, we’ll show an in-app prompt rather than a bothersome system notification.
Most Helpful Reviews
Life-changing for teams - We’ve tried everything. Skype. iMessages. Dropbox documents. Trello. HipChat. You name it. Everything. Slack is the first application we’ve used that actually works the way we want, as a team of creative people (slaes, marketing, video creators and developers). We can paste text snippets, add links, attach files, create new channels (and invite members into them). The desktop app, web app and the iOS app work perfectly together for when we are at our desks or on-the-go. Slack is amazing. I cannot imagine going back to anything else. If you have a team of people who actually need to communicate in a meaningful way, forget everything else, this is the solution.
Hybrid Crap - This is nothing more than their website wrapped in an app chrome. This is not a native app and therefore it exhibits all the horrible behavior of a web site. Weird, sticky menus, non-standard shortcuts, lack of integration with system services, etc. Get serious and create a proper native app.
More Reviews for Current Version
app integration isn't smooth - have the mobile version downloaded the desktop finding url is not clear or intuitive. seriouly wasting time just to connect. just using mobile which has it's drawbacks when it's much easier to do some collaboration sitting in front of my desktop. a clear way to sync both would be a great improvement.
I would die without Slack - C'mon people, witout this we might as well move back to living in caves and communicate with smoke signaling. Slack is humanity's greatest creation.
Crappy webapp - Crappy webapp
4.6.0 - The latest release locks up after a few minutes. It works fine after launch, but after switching to another app for a short amount of time, the app becomes unresponseive and requires a relaunch. It may be tied to inactivity. This did not happen prior to this release.