Developer: Faber Acoustical, LLC
Current Version: 3.9.11
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 7.9 MB - Download
SignalScope Pro 3 builds on SignalScope's tradition of award-winning design and precision measurement capabilities by building on advanced technology developed for Faber Acoustical's flagship product, Electroacoustics Toolbox.
SignalScope Pro is a modularized, multi-channel dynamic signal analyzer and data acquisition platform for Mac. It brings powerful tools to the Macintosh platform for multi-channel, audio-band data acquisition and real-time analysis of electrical, acoustical, and electroacoustic signals and systems. It enables precise measurements of acoustic quantities, such as equivalent and time-weighted sound levels, as well as acoustic and electroacoustic systems. The software is designed to work with any Mac-compatible audio hardware and supports multiple channels of 8, 16, 24, or 32-bit data with sample rates as high as the hardware will support.
- FFT Analyzer
- Meter Bridge
- Octave Analyzer (RTA)
- Signal Generator
- Sound Level Meter
- X/Y Plotter
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD, THD+N)
- Crest factor and rms, peak, and peak-to-peak signal levels
- Signal mean, variance, and standard deviation values
- Flat, A, and C-weighted equivalent (Leq), and time-weighted (Lp), sound levels
- And more!
SignalScope Pro is a project-based application, which allows you to configure and save project files. Projects may contain one or more tools available in the toolbox, along with any captured data associated with those tools. SignalScope Pro allows for the creation of up to two tools of a each type. For example, a project may contain an oscilloscope, two FFT analyzers, and two signal generators. The oscilloscope and FFT analyzers may each simultaneously analyze multiple input channels of a single device. SignalScope Pro also offers advanced capabilities for configuring input and output device parameters and assigning labels, units, and transducer sensitivities to individual input and output channels.
SignalScope Pro Features
- Hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics for fast real-time plotting
- Quartz-based graphics for high-resolution still images and prints
- Advanced control over input and output devices
- Whole device and individual channel sensitivity (level) calibration
- Support for units, including Volts, Amps, pascals, and Engineering Units
- Saving complete configurations and data in project files
- Exporting data to ascii text or MAT-files for easy import into other applications
- AppleScript support for measurement automation and remote control
This version fixes a bug in the display of vertical log scale axis values in the Spectrogram.
Most Helpful Reviews
Great alternative to AP for general audio T&M - I've been working in the electronics industry, specifically audio and professional audio for 25 years. While I have used Audio Precision (typically at my day jobs), this App has become an excellent validation tool for my home studio and home business when dealing with characterizing audio signals and content. I am very please with its performance and features. I am using an Apogee Duet for reference. I recommend using high quality audio interfaces if you plan to purchase and use this App. You can run a loop back test to see your baseline system performance, which is very handy. I also like the abliity to run multiple windows at the same time. Overall, this App is wonderful and provides the next generation of audio test and measurement tools without breaking the bank. Good job, Faber Acoustical!
Dr. - This program has wasted at least 2 hours of my time. I have lost almost all data with the exception of the fft analyzer data, I'm afraid to use it again until the issue is resolved. However, SignalScope Pro Support has been slow in response to my problem. Don't waste your money or time on this program.