ReadKit is a full-featured read later and RSS client that supports services from Instapaper, Pocket, Pinboard, Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin and Feed Wrangler and has built-in RSS capabilities.
"If you use Feed Wrangler and have been looking for a desktop client, ReadKit is your best option"
"The best reading later app for the Mac now is a top-notch RSS reader, with native sync and support for Fever and NewsBlur"
"ReadKit is well-equipped to meet your newsreading needs"
Cult of Mac:
"It’s my favorite way to use Feedly on the Mac now."
"If you're a news hound and own a Mac, ReadKit is absolutely worth adding to your dock."
Have all your Instapaper, Pocket, Pinboard articles and Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin or Feed Wrangler RSS feeds in one convenient place even when you're offline. ReadKit has a built-in RSS engine too. This is an offline reader without syncing abilities. Subscribe either to RSS or Atom feeds, create and manage folders and import your existing subscriptions via OPML.
Browse and manage your Pinboard bookmarks with ReadKit. In addition, you can download and store the contents of these bookmarks locally.
Choose the layout, formatting and style you prefer for reading, with the ability to move, add, archive and even mark your bookmarks as favorites. The interface is simple providing a straight forward reading experience without making any compromises.
• Feed services: Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin, Feed Wrangler and built-in RSS engine
• Read later services: Instapaper and Pocket
• Bookmark services: Pinboard
• Offline reading
• Customizable interface: font style, face, alignment, height, line spacing and page width
• Smart folders: can be used as unified folders but are more useful for everyone. These special folders act like “Smart playlists” in iTunes updating their contents real-time.
• Change between original and stripped down content with a click (provided by Mercury web parser)
• In-app browser for viewing links and other references
• The browser is capable to save links for offline viewing
• Preference to open links either in ReadKit or in your default browser
• Add, remove, move, archive and mark bookmarks as favorites
• Full support for Pocket and Pinboard tags
• Focus mode: reading without interface elements
• OS X Notification Center support
• Share bookmarks via Twitter, Facebook, Buffer, Email, iMessage or Evernote
• Full support for high resolution Retina displays
• Preference to display unread items in the dock
• Customizable keyboard shortcuts
• Syntax highlighting of code snippets
• OPML import
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro
Pinboard, Feedbin and Feed Wrangler users will need to have a premium subscription to use their account with ReadKit or any other 3rd party application.
We would like to hear from you. If you have any questions or concerns regarding to our software, don't hesitate to contact us via email ([email protected]), Twitter (@readkit) or visit our homepage at http://readkitapp.com
- Fixed NewsBlur API access
- Minor improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Best RSS/Read Later app on the MAS - Being a news junkie, with about 1000 articles consumed a day, I’m quite particular about my reader apps. On the OSX platform, nothing comes close to ReadKit in terms of quality, speed, flexibility, and number of services supported. The developer is very passionate about maintainng the app, adding new features, and squashing bugs. Read the many reviews from respected sites and you’ll see why so many people love it. I use Fever/Pinboard as my primary platform, but I have Instapaper/Pocket/Readability accounts too… and this app does ‘em all. I’d happily pay many times the asking price for this app.
Really want to like this app, but the crashes….. - I like the look and feel of this app and use it mainly to interface to Feedly. It is much better than just using Feedly online, with one exception. It constantly crashes. Either the Flash plug-in or just freezing/locking in general. I usually get at least one crash per day, but today was the final straw when it crashed three times within 5 minutes. I report it every time, but have not received any updates to this app since….. not sure when it was updated to 2.4.0. I’m going to try Leaf or just stick with the Feedly web interface. Disappointing as this app had a lot of potential. Update: Lowered my rating as after a year of reporting the Flash plug-in crashes, it’s still not fixed. Very annoying so I’m sticking with the web version of Feedly. At least it doesn’t crash all the time. So bummed as this app had so much promise, but w/few updates and then not addressing the biggest bug of all when it is updated, it’s simply unacceptable.
More Reviews for Current Version
The best reader! - The best RSS-reader with incradible UI. Thanks! ♥️
shows me my rss feeds - Works okay. sometimes I can't get arrow keys to move focus where I want.
Rugged and pretty - Stable basic functionality; handles the hundreds of feeds I have subscribed to. Nice control over how everything looks on screen. To make it better: (1) Allow nested folders. The best you can do now is alphabetize them by name rather than organize feeds in heirachacal subject folders. (2) Allow folder level settings. To have one setting for how long read feed stories are kept in the database is not very helpful when you have daily newsfeeds next to monthly periodical feeds.