Developer: Rainfrog, LLC
Current Version: 10.0.0
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 177.5 MB - Download
With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Soothing, detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose.
• Expertly designed practices by experienced yoga instructors.
• Over 350 beautifully illustrated pose images show correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Built-in soothing music relaxes you while you practice.
• Learn new poses daily with the “Pose of the Day” widget, directly in Notification Center.
‣ Selected as "Editors' Choice" by Apple
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
The “Pose of the Day” widget helps you learn the names of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can see the name of the daily pose in English, Sanskrit and even in Devanagari script. Also tap on the pose image to launch Pocket Yoga and go directly to that pose.
• 60+ additional poses
NEW POSES ADDED
1) Bound Angle II
2) Bridge (Preparation)
3) Supported Camel
4) Kneeling Elbow to Knee Crunch
5) Scorpion Chin Stand
6) One Legged Chin Stand
7) Corpse with Neck Stretch
8) Crooked Monkey on the Forearm
9) Dolphin with Toe Raises
10) Standing Eagle Crunch
11) Seated Twist
12) Fire Log Forward Bend
13) Humble Flamingo
14) Flying Lizard
16) Gate (Preparation)
17) Side Plank on the Knee with Arm Extended
18) Revolved Half Moon Bow
19) Supported Headstand II
20) Supported Headstand III
21) Supported Headstand IV
22) Free Hands Headstand III
23) Knee Pile Forward Bend
24) Float Back (Preparation)
25) Little Thunderbolt
26) Full Locust
27) Revolved Lord of the Dance
28) Half Lord of the Fishes
29) Crescent Lunge with Cactus Arms
30) Crescent Lunge with Eagle Arm Backbend
31) Crescent Lunge Halfway Fold with Eagle Arms
32) Crescent Lunge with Eagle Arms
33) Crescent Lunge Halfway Fold with Airplane Arms
34) Crescent Lunge Halfway Fold with Hands on Hips
35) Crescent Lunge with Hands on Hips
36) Crescent Lunge on the Knee with Cactus Arms
37) Crescent Lunge on the Knee with Eagle Arm Backbend
38) Crescent Lunge Halfway Fold on the Knee with Eagle Arms
39) Crescent Lunge on the Knee with Eagle Arms
40) Crescent Lunge Halfway Fold on the Knee with Hands on Hips
41) Crescent Lunge on the Knee with Hands on Hips
42) Mountain with Supported Backbend
43) Mountain with Cactus Arms
44) Side Plank with Bound Half Lotus
45) Side Plank Star
46) Side Plank Tree
47) Seated Cat
48) Seated Cow
49) Seated Wide Legged Forward Bend II
50) Shiva Squat with Prayer Hands
51) Shiva Squat
52) Sphinx with Neck Stretch
53) Standing Splits with Bent Knee
54) One Legged Inverted Staff
55) Table with Knee to Forehead
56) One Legged Table
57) Reverse Triangle
58) Warrior I with Cactus Arms
59) Warrior I with Eagle Arm Backbend
60) Warrior I Halfway Fold with Eagle Arms
61) Warrior I with Eagle Arms
62) Warrior III with Eagle Arms
63) Half Wheel
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Most Helpful Reviews
Love it! - This is the only yoga app I've found where the practice really flows from one pose to the next. Most of the other ones are just a collection of disconnected poses. In this one the voice instruction tells you exactly when to inhale/exhale and walks you through every step. It has 3 different difficulty levels: beginner, intermediate and expert. The interface is really nice and easy to navigate. Highly recommended!!!
Very disappointing - This was my first yoga app. I bought it based on the reviews and therein lies the problem. There must be a secret review language I don't understand. This program is boring, excruciatingly repetitive and the speaking voice saying the word 'exhale' made me wish I could physically rip the app out and fling it into another dimension. Is this really the best they can do? I would be willing to pay more to supplement my twice weekly yoga classes but feel a little intimidated and underwhelmed now.