Developer: Pixelmator Team
Current Version: 1.7
Last Updated: 19 days ago
Download Size: 199.6 MB - Download
Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
Exceptional Design and Functionality
• The modern, single-window interface of Pixelmator Pro is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and refined interface makes pro image editing easy and accessible to everyone — from complete beginners to design professionals
• With both dark and light appearances, Pixelmator Pro seamlessly adapts to the Light and Dark Modes of macOS
• A full-featured Photos extension lets you edit images using Pixelmator Pro without ever leaving Photos, saving layered, nondestructive edits directly to your library
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
• Use the Core ML-powered ML Enhance to automatically improve the look of your photos
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
• Create digital or traditional paintings using handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
• Add customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Quickly create curved, circular, and path text
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink file sizes to the smallest possible
• Batch process images using built-in Automator actions
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos
• Zoom and enhance image resolution with the incredible ML Super Resolution
• Automatically copy the look of one photo to another with ML Match Colors
• Remove image noise and compression artifacts while preserving details using ML Denoise
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease using the Quick Selection tool
• Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Catalina.
Pixelmator Pro 1.7 Sequoia adds the ability to type text on paths and shapes, makes it possible to freely rotate the canvas to any angle, includes a friendly new welcome screen, and improves ML Super Resolution.
Type on a Path
• Easily type text on a path, a circle, or any other shape.
• Choose from three new type tools: Circular Type, Path Type, and Freeform Type.
• Or, to start typing on any existing path or shape, simply click any of its edges using any Type tool.
• The new Type tools also fully support emoji and SVG fonts.
• Use the new Shift-T keyboard shortcut to cycle through Type tools.
• Text layers typed on paths can be easily converted into shapes.
• Use the new canvas rotation feature to freely rotate your canvas to any angle.
• You can rotate the canvas using the rotate Multi-Touch gesture.
• Canvas rotation snaps to 90° angles with haptic feedback.
• Enter specific angles to set an exact rotation.
• Press and hold the Space bar and R key together, then drag to quickly rotate the canvas when using any tool.
• You can also choose to always show or hide canvas rotation controls in the View menu.
• A friendly new welcome screen makes it easier to open your existing images, create new ones, and open photos from your Photos library.
• The Welcome screen appears automatically when you open Pixelmator Pro, but you can also open it from the Window menu or using the Shift-Command-1 keyboard shortcut.
• Preview files in the new Welcome screen using Quick Look by pressing the Space bar on your keyboard.
Improvements and Fixes
• Version 3 of the ML Super Resolution algorithm brings support for upscaling RAW files, a progress bar, and even sharper results.
• The performance of the Clone tool has been improved.
• Converting a masked layer that has been transformed using the Transform tool into pixels would not work correctly. Fixed.
• Transforming group layers containing layers that have been recently masked would not work correctly. Fixed.
• On macOS 10.14 or later, memory usage would occasionally spike when working on large documents. Fixed.
• Graphical artifacts would sometimes appear when resizing or moving layers in certain situations. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? We'd love to hear from you at [email protected]!
Most Helpful Reviews
Good Value for the price - To start, this doesn't do everything that Photoshop or Affinity Photo does, so it can't always be a full replacement. It doesn't do blend options with source and target layer ranges, for example. It's missing lab mode, it's missing tone mapping (that would be the one thing I am missing the most)... But the thing is, for many tasks, those things are not needed, and especially for the price the filters that were implemented and the UI work really well. I like the color controls, which are very intuitive, and the curves / levels dialog works well too. It could use a few more filters for light leaks (or at least let me change the color), to make images look grungy/dusty and apply bokehs, as well as the ability to use my own images for this to overlay. A good effect to add lens flare would also be useful.
Inexcusable lack of Noise Reduction - After reading the reviews, I thought this was at least a "prosumer" grade editing app and a decent replacement for Lightroom (which I have soured on) in my workflow). I tried the auto photo enhancement for kicks (it was the worst I have seen/used), then set about to create my default workspace. As confusing as it is that the basic adjustments like exposure, contrast, curves, levels, etc. - which should be front and center - were buried under "color adjustments" (?), at least they were present - which cannot be said for one of the most basic, essential features of any photo editor: noise reduction. I have no interest in gimicky "light leak" filters/presets and the ability to put star stickers on my photos for snapchat. If the developers want to throw those features in, that's fine, but not having noise reduction is a non-starter, and the word "Pro" has no business being anywhere near this app. I was excited about this app, and it was the one Unfortunately, it's unusable for me in it's current state. Of course, nobody forced me to buy it and it doesn't claim to have noise reduction in the description... but it also doesn't claim to have exposure adjustments or contrast or shadows and highlights. Why? For the same reasons car ads don't say they come with steering wheels. It's just expected, as shoud noise reduction be in a "Pro" app.
More Reviews for Current Version
Will never touch Photoshop again!!! - I've been a Photoshop user since the 90's but really didn't like they way they managed the creative cloud. And frankly the updates didn't add anyting to my workfolw. The app feals bloated and slow, so I looked for another solution. I decided to give Pixelmator Pro a go and have not looked back. Not only am I able to do everthing that I was using Photoshop for it does it "better and faster". That's a strong statement, but really I can't say eough good things about it. The learning curve is not that steep and the interface is clean and easy to navigate. I dont' use all of the advance freatures, but it nice to know that they are there if I need them.
ALBUM COVERTS - GREAT TOOL FOR CREATION
SOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOW - It keeps freezing and everything I try to do takes so long . I'm trying to erase a background and add text over it , not so hard but it's taking forever . I've only had it for an hour and I want a refund .
Great product that gets even better - I've used Pixelmator and Pro since the 1.0 days; and it just keeps getting better. I used Photoshop back when you could actually buy it and realize while Pixelmator Pro may not do everything PS does for most users it will be a viable replacement. They've added features regularly to make it better and more versatile. Yes, it is frustrating at times to wait for a feature such as text paths but they listen to their users and so far have not charged for updates. Compared to PS and its subscription model Pixelmator and its Pro counterpart are real deals.
Purchased every app you made. - Big fan. (less creator more of appropriator)