Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organize and summarize tables to gain new insights
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
Share your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Improved performance when working with large tables.
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a variety of new, editable shapes.
Most Helpful Reviews
Thank goodness! A spreadsheet I can use! - After spending considerable money on several budgeting apps which turned out to be far too complicated for me to use and which didn’t really fit into my daily work habits, I decided to go into do-it-yourself mode. What I needed was an easy-to-use basic budget where I could get a general overview of my income and expenses as well as keep more detailed records of my expenditures and also make balance sheets for my daily expenses and bank and credit card accounts. Numbers came to the rescue with one of their templates called “Simple Budget"! It took a little bit of doing, as I am no genius and certainly no expert when it comes to accounting and using spreadsheets, but Numbers made it easy for me to organize the information I needed and to make the calculations required as well as transfer information from one sheet to another to keep information consistent over a number of spreadsheets. I was also able to make beautiful pie charts of my expenses as well as color-code my columns and headers. Thank you! Numbers is a beautiful application I now couldn’t live without.
Worthless compared to the pervious numbers - I am beyond frustrated with this version of numbers for several reasons that continue to disrupt my work and take me twice as long to do something. 1. Working in Print Preview is a MUST!!! - Why would I want to create a document without knowing how it lays on a page? That alone makes this version worthless to me. The first time I tried to work on 70 page data sheet and couldn’t find the print preview so I could veiw the pages, I nearly had a stroke and immediately clamored for my previous version of numbers! 2. That I cannot open a file from icloud or one that was opened in Numbers 3.2 without exporting as a Numbers ’09 file. That is ridiculous, and that doesn’t even work sometimes. I am currently trying to open a file (that I exported back into Numbers ’09 and now nothing opens. 3. I dislike the editing features, I rather have the pop up inspector box then use the current style. This could be because I am so accustomed to the previous menus that I ned to get used to it, but at this point I don’t have any motivation to try to learn it when the are so many disappointing features. Cannot open most .exl files I have downloaded. So thats annoying. I am sure there are more but these are the ones currently frustrating me and which have compelled to my write my first review in the APP store. My basic feelings towards this version are BOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.
More Reviews for Current Version
BEWARE! Collaboration suddenly requires OS upgrade! - I recently noticed that I can no longer collaborate on Numbers.app spreadsheets. This includes old spreadsheets that were already shared as well as collaborating on any new spreadsheets. Numbers helpfully says "It's time to update!" and sends me to the AppStore, but the new version of Numbers requires macOS 10.15 and I cannot upgrade past Mojave (10.14) as I need to keep running some old 32-bit applications. I don't think it's reasonable to require an OS upgrade to continue using an application feature that was working fine before and I think it's completely unacceptable do so with NO WARNING at all. It's not like I'm even running some super old software, Mojave was released just two years ago and Apple is already disabling features and forcing upgrades?! No wonder businesses are reluctant to use Apple office software. Not impressed...
Forced Updates - Unacceptable to require updates to Numbers, which in turn also requires an update of the OS to 10.15. Fored obsolescence is ANTI-COMPETITIVE behavior and will not be tolerated.
FORCED UPDATE - The owner of the company "my boss" asked me... find a solution to manage the work flow... i was like "numbers" could work and there i am buying ipads mini's and ipad's air... made differents sheets and every single one shared in dif apple devices across the plant... everything was working perfect, got a raise and a different position. I think it was last week... that "Apple decided to update Numbers"... employees were coming to me saying "cant input any data, is asking me to update" i was like, piece of cake... well i guess not... when i went to the app store to update it required a higher IOS 13 which cannot be installed on the ipads i bought... now i have a bunch of employees going back to "pencil and paper" and me running all over the place... "THANK YOU APPLE"!!!
Absolutely Awesome! - I'm no Excel slouch; I know my way around the master of spreasheets. But here's the difference between Excel and Numbers... while Excel is the master of huge, 10,000 line spreadsheets, Numbers is FAR, FAR better at EVERYTHING else. Numbers is easier to use, and looks amazing!!! I primarily use Numbers for my home budget (tracking bills). I have checkboxes I that show when a bill has been paid, and it tells me how much money I need to pay the rest of my bills for the month. Super easy. I also use Numbers for tracking combat encounters with my online D&D group. I insert nice maps below the grid and then size the grid to match the 1 inch squares on the map. Then with the collaboration feature, everyone has the map open on their local machine and can easily move their own tokens around. I know there are other ways to do this, but with Numbers, it's easy and FREE.
STOP MAKING ME UPDATE - I really like the simplicity of using spreadsheets through this app. The only thing that I absolutley hate is having to update before using it. I sometimes do not have wifi when working on my computer and it will not allow me to make any changes to the speadsheets until I update the app. Please change that!!