Menu Bar Controller for Sonos
Developer: Alexander Heinrich
Current Version: 3.0.2
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 7.7 MB - Download
Control your Sonos system right from your Mac’s Menu Bar without distracting you from your current tasks. Change volume, pause your music, skip a track and start playing music from your Sonos favorites.
It serves as a little addition for quick interactions, like play/pause, changing the volume or a playlist.
Sign in once with your Sonos account and use all your households that are connected to your account.
• Access all features through an icon in the Menu Bar
• Quickly pause the music using the keyboard / Touch Bar buttons
• Group rooms in your household
• Play music from your Sonos favorites / Sonos playlists
• Shows current song and artist
• Change the volume of every individual speaker
• Touch Bar integration
• Now playing Notification Center widget integration
• Keyboard shortcuts for several interactions
• Use the media buttons on your keyboard
• Mute speakers and groups
• Skip to the next song or play the previous song
• Automatically start the app when you start your Mac
• Voice Over Support for blind users
• Apple Script support for Apple Automator
• Light and Dark Mode support
This app requires you to login with your Sonos Account. It does not allow to stream music from your Mac to a Sonos speaker (please use AirPlay for this).
Use the official Sonos Controller App if you need all features.
This is not an official app by Sonos Inc.
Sonos is a trademark of Sonos Inc.
Thank you for using the Menu Bar Controller for Sonos.
This updates adds a lot of new features and makes the experience even better and it integrates even further with macOS.
Version 3.0.2: Fixes issues with macOS Sierra and other smaller fixes
• Control your groups from your MacBook's Touch Bar
• Use Keyboard shortcuts
• To open the app
• To mute a group
• To change the volume
• Apple Script / Automator support
• Group your speakers
• Start music from your Sonos favorites and your Sonos playlists
Most Helpful Reviews
Really Enjoy this app and the latest release - This is simple app that does a great job taking care of a few important features that I need when I'm working on my mac - specifically - it allows me to pause my sonos stream when the phone rings and integrates in with the now playing so I can see what song is on if I'm listening to a random playlist and don't know all the songs listed. I've been very impressed as the developer is adding new features so my initial investment just seems to get better and better. Well worth the current price.
Lousy - Doesn’t pick up my Sonos speakers although my iPhone picks them up with no problem.
More Reviews for Current Version
Exactly what I was looking for - I wanted a super-simple Sonos controller that's always one-click away and has global keyboard shortcuts. With this app, I'm able to re-map my keyboard's (pretty useless) Pg Up and Pg Dn keys to control my Sonos speakers' volume. Perfect!
Great Controller! - The Sonos Controllers is a great tool. Works flawlessly.
Better than the Sonos app! - Relieves me of the need to awkwardly silence the music from my iPhone when I'm working from my Mac. Nice job.
It doesn't work. - All it does is get the names of your devices but it can't actually play your computer's audio on them. It's useless. Unless you need to see a list of your devices that you also can't do anything with.
good enough - with the new update and the grouping and shortcuts ability, this become an great app from a good app. I just wish I could select songs in the playlist from my sonos favorite.