Easily create gorgeous presentations with Keynote, featuring powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects that will make you a very hard act to follow.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of 30 new and updated Apple-designed themes. Once you’ve chosen the perfect canvas for your presentation, simply replace the placeholder text and graphics with your own words and images. Easy-to-use tools let you add tables, charts, shapes, photos, and videos to slides—and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Use Keynote Live to present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com.
With iCloud built in, your presentations are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
With Keynote, you have all the tools you need to make an amazing presentation quickly and easily.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Keynote on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Keynote for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• Easily see who’s currently in the presentation with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on presentations stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Engage your audience with interactive charts and chart animations
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Enhance your presentations with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Quickly open password-protected presentations using Touch ID on supported Macs
Easy-to-use graphics tools
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Free-form curves, shapes, and masks
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions for easily creating stunning presentations
• Magic Move effect to effortlessly animate and morph graphics
• Gorgeous slide transitions including Clothesline, Object Cube, Object Flip, and Object Pop
• Impressive text and object animations including Trace, Vanish, Crumble, and Fade and Scale
• Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
Present to your audience
• Customizable presenter display with support for up to six displays
• Keynote Live lets you present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or iPod touch with Keynote for iOS
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Use Keynote for iCloud to access and edit your presentations from a Mac or PC browser
Share a copy of your work
• Export presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, QuickTime, HTML, and image files
• Export your presentation as a movie or images
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Play YouTube and Vimeo videos right in your presentations.*
• Use Play in Window for Recorded Slideshows.
• Movie export now supports a wide selection of formats and frame rates.
• Enhance your presentations with a variety of new, editable shapes.
* May not be available in all regions.
Most Helpful Reviews
Saying Bye To PowerPoint - Following in the footsteps with Pages comes another great addition to the iWork suite, Keynote. If you use PowerPoint, you will not be disappointed by using Keynote. After using PowerPoint since version 2003 through the latest 2013, I dumped it. Microsoft doesn’t seem to get UI design and putting the features you need up front and clutters it all up in the “ribbon” interface, which I have found is more confusing to use, not just for me, but others too. Keynote brings all the features I need for my presentation creation forward. Not too mention some awesome animations and options to make it professional when need be, or fun and casual too. The interface is clean and neat, not to mention organized, and allows you to focus on your project and not be overwhelmed by the amount of options with PowerPoints ribbon in your face, which can be collapsed, but that just doesn’t cut it. The ability to export ppt and pptx (and others) format with Keynote is great too if I need to share my presentation. Thanks for making Keynote all I need for my presentations. Superb product!
So much worse than previous version - I’ve been using Keynote from the very first version and each new version has been an improvment over the last. Sadly that is no longer true with this version. Version 6.1 is a major step backwards. This latest version emphasizes a clean, uncluttered interface over functionality. Unfortunately a clean interface is a nice goal but not if it takes several clicks to do what used to take just one or two. With the past version I could simply go to the Toolbar to change the font, size, color, or just about any parameter for the selected object. With version 6.1 the Toolbar is merely a link to the Inspector and it now takes several clicks to make even simple changes to an object. And the overly aggressive autocorrect is unbelievably frustrating. I am a scientist/professor and teach college science courses. I don’t expect autocorrect to recognize the scientific terms in my slides. Unfortunately Keynote insist on autocorrecting words it does not recognize no matter how many times I click the “X” in the autocorrect pop-up. Presumably this should tell Keynote to not autocorrect the word but it does not work. Bottom line- I spend more time fighting/wrestling this version of Keynote than creating with it. This is a truly horrible “upgrade” - even worse than using Powerpoint! Version 5 was so much better.
More Reviews for Current Version
MAKE AN UNDO OPTION - i literally wrote an entire slide of perfection and it was perfectly written. I then accidently clicked once of the text box instead of twice to delete something and i ended up deleting the whole text box, all my work gone. PLEASE MAKE AN UNDO BUTTON SO THAT I CAN GET MY WORK BACK.
flash card background wasremoved - i do use key note alot but i had to buy the keynotes 5 because keynote did not have eveything i need. i ma a nursing student and need to do lots of drug cards so when i saw the new feature whenre it gave me the opportunity to create a " flash card template " i was very exited.... well i only got to use it ffor about a day because it was removed the next day or so after the update... why???? it was awesome i loved it!!! any chances of adding the feature back in future updates???
bad ux - considering that mose people that use keynote for work are very busy - it is a horrible UX to force people to do an update before letting them continue working on a presentation. we can just as easily start using powerpoint
One key feature missing - Need to ability to resize text automatically as you sacle a group of elements up or down...currently the text size cannot change and you have to re-edit every individual text box to match you resized group of elements.
Deleted my progress - It deleted my saved stuff.