Jump Desktop (RDP, VNC, Fluid)
Developer: Phase Five Systems
Current Version: 8.5.15
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 39.1 MB - Download
Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere. Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you securely connect to any computer in the world. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up. Jump Desktop also supports our own, high performance, next generation remote desktop protocol called Fluid Remote Desktop.
* Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Jump encrypts the connection between computers to ensure privacy and security. Automatic connections are always encrypted by default. Supports NLA, TLS/SSL encryption for RDP. SSH Tunnelling and SSL/TLS encryption for VNC. Fluid Remote Desktop uses DTLS for secure connections.
* Supercharged Productivity:
Use Mac keyboard shortcuts in Windows. Seamlessly switch between computers without changing the way you use the keyboard. Vastly improves productivity. Fully customizable: Configure your own shortcuts or use the built-in defaults. No other app comes close.
* Powerful Collaboration Features:
Collaborative screen sharing lets many users connect to the same desktop. Each user gets their own mouse cursor and can click and point without fighting over the same cursor. Great for editing documents with coworkers, tweaking designs with remote team members, creating presentations together, and teaching Grandma how to clean out her email.
* Remote Support
Connect and help anyone by asking them to install the free Jump Desktop Connect app and share a simple URL with you. It's simple, quick and very powerful.
* Integrated into macOS
Quickly search and launch computers directly from Spotlight. Full support for tabbed windows. Tightly integrated into macOS's power saving technology to give you the best battery life on the go.
* Super fast and beautiful:
Our next generation high performance Fluid Remote Desktop is optimized for low latency secure screen sharing. We also have our own in-house implementations of VNC and RDP protocols. Multi-core, hardware accelerated rendering for zippy performance. Optimized for MacBook Pros and iMacs with Retina display.
* Multi-protocol: supports RDP, VNC and Fluid Remote Desktop
* Collaborative screen sharing
* Remote support
* Full international keyboard support for RDP, VNC and ARD
* Dictation support (Mountain Lion and later)
* Tabs (macOS Sierra and later)
* 3 different ways to zoom and pan the remote screen (really useful when controlling multi-monitor remote systems from laptops)
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Built-in SSH tunneling for RDP and VNC connections
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012/R2/2016/2019, SBS Server, Windows 10
* RD Broker and Load balancer support
* RD Gateway support
* Dynamic resolution updates (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Desktop Scaling (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Multi monitor support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
* Printing redirection support (including a optional , super-fast server side-driver)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* Folder sharing
* International keyboard layouts
* Tested with macOS 10.5+, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black and white, Grayscale, 8-bit and 16-bit color modes to help manage bandwidth
* Clipboard syncing
* Multiple monitor support
* New: Fluid: "Low Latency Audio" option in Jump Desktop -> Preferences -> General.
* Fixed: RDP: Fix extra spaces being added when copying HTML text
* Fixed: VNC: Can not connect to Ubuntu 20.04
* Fixed: Fluid: Loud pop heard prior to audio streaming start
* Fixed: Can not reveal remote MacOS dock when hitting the edge of the screen
Most Helpful Reviews
THE remote desktop app - I’ve used this app for at least five years and it has has honestly performed flawlessly. It connects to our remote server very quickly, no lag time on the keystrokes… it does exactly what you need it to do. I run it on my Mac, my ipad and my iphone. There has been many a road trip where I had to access my desktop on my phone for an emergency file and it does the trick. Oh, and here’s a protip: Your boss is on vacation. You cut out early for the day. If you respond to an email from your boss, he or she can totally tell when your email is coming from your iPhone; it is formatted differently than a regular email originated from Outlook. If you get that email from your boss, you log onto to the Jump app, go onto your Outlook and it’s as if you sent it from your very own desk. You think this would be common knowledge, but I can’t tell you how many people i’ve seen send email from their phones in the middle of the day. Rookie mistake! But, i digress… GREAT APP!!!
Simply Does Not Work - The install process made no sense, which made me wonder about this app from the beginning. After installing the app I downloaded from the App Store, I was then prompted to install a second, related app called Jump Desktop Connect, after which there were several links and instructions that bounced me to their website to sign in, then back to the desktop app, then back to the website again, etc. etc. After multiple attempts, the app finally was installed and apparently workng on my office Mac. Then I installed it the next day on my home Mac, from which I wanted to connect to the office - but the Mac at home never recognizes that I have signed in to the same Jump account, and will not display any icons for any connectted computers. I have rebooted, reinstalled this app and made sure that Screen Sharing is turned on in Settings. Still nothing - it does not work, and I have never seen such a convoluted mess of an install. Definitely not intuitive and does not work. A total waste of time and money. I have given up and will be forced to purchase another product.
More Reviews for Current Version
Terrible, terrible documentation - The only help appears to be the website. Its a disorganized mess of articles with no logical flow. I have two macs and a PC. I am able to remote into the PC from both Macs, but I cannot find any way to remote from one Mac to the other. I tried installing Jump Desktop Connect on one of the Macs - however, it doesn't seem to do anything and the statement that you can go to your account and find the link appears to be wrong. The app has numerous options and I'm sure I should be able to do what I want, so its even more frustrating that the documentation is so poor. On the plus side, when it works, its very good in terms of perforamance and stablity, so that's why I've given it two stars - otherwise it would be 1.
Love it! - I don't normally write reviews, but this time I had to comment. I found this app after months of frustration with others. I've only been using it for two days, but I can already say that it is much more stable and responsive than RemotePC, GotomyPC and Microsoft Remote Desktop. I am definitely a convert!
Sometimes Dropped - Thanks for the opportunity to review. Up until recently there were times when the remote connection was dropped repeatedly, with a session only lasting a few minutes before the key entries no longer responded and the reconnection process was repeated. overandoverandover... Happily, I haven't had that problem for the last week or 10days.
Great App for Mac to Windows RDP connections - It just works. No fuss, no issues. Great for RDP to Windows based clients. Great for connecting to my iMac as well.
An Awesome Product - I now use this instead of Microsoft's Remote Desktop. I like it more.