Image Tricks Lite
Developer: Belight Software, ltd
Current Version: 3.9
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 21.4 MB - Download
Image Tricks Lite is a freeware photo editing application that utilizes macOS Core Image filters and Quartz Compositions to transform your favorite photos. Image Tricks Lite also contains a powerful image generator for creating random images, as well as photo frames and borders to decorate your images even further.
The Pro Edition of Image Tricks includes an additional:
• 42 image filters (total 160);
• 168 frames (total 192);
• 62 vector borders (total 74);
• 154 unique masks (total 225);
• 6 Quartz compositions (total 41);
• 7 image generators (total 20).
Tricks with Filters and Compositions:
• Adjust colors (Saturation, Brightness, Contrast, Sepia, etc.)
• Blur images (Motion Blur, Sharpen Luminance, Unsharp Mask, etc.)
• Distort faces and more (Bump, Pinch, Twirl, etc.)
• Turn a photo into art (Mosaic, Color Pencil, Halftone, etc.)
• Blend two pictures together (Page Curl, Checkerboard, etc.)
• Tile an image, create a kaleidoscope out of it, crop it, and much more!
Picture Frames and Borders
• Large collections of both frames and borders for your photos.
• Zoom in and position your photo inside.
• Flip frames and apply shadows to them.
• Random images created using mathematical algorithms.
• Control all of the parameters with easy-to-use controls.
• Set the core colors of the generated image.
• Introduced "Use Background Color" in the Options dialog of Save/Export. Useful when a user doesn't want to preserve transparency, but use the background color instead.
• Added the ability to share an edited image to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and more.
• New background images added.
• Improved program UI.
• Filter effects were revised and fixed where necessary.
• Filter parameters (Width, Radius, etc.) adopt to image size automatically when the picture is changed.
• Fixed the problem with incorrect transparency for some borders, frames and masks.
• Photo Effects: Chrome, Fade, Instant, Mono, Noir, Process, Tonal, Transfer were grouped together.
• Similar filters were grouped as following:
Kaleidoscope Tiles (Eightfold Reflected, Sixfold Reflected, Sixfold Rotated, Triangle Tile, Twelvefold Reflected);
Rectangular Tiles (Glide Reflected, Fourfold Rotated);
Acute Angle Tiles (Fourfold Reflected, Fourfold Translated).
• Fixed the problem with mouse/trackpad usage on Triangle Kaleidoscope filter.
• Removed filters: BL Sobel, BL Rectangular Splash, Accordion Ford Transition.
• Multiple other improvements.
Most Helpful Reviews
More than expected - I have been able to do alot more with this app then I thoughtat first glance. It is truly remarkable. I have produced profession quality work. Amazing!
This App Doesn't work - This app seems like it only lets you edit a picture of a bird to "try out the app before you buy the pro version" I guess maybe if you have prior photo editing experiece you may find this app useful as it does seem feature rich, but I lost interest since I couldn't even edit one of my own photos.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great for Sepia and Vignette - Wow! Apple Photos got rid of Sepia and I was in a pinch. Photoshop does not have a “Sepia” button, which is all I needed. The app got the job done in 2 clicks! I then added the moveable vignette tool. I look like a pro. Hats off to you.
Great app to convert graphics - I needed an app to convert graphics from one format to another and I’ve used this for several years now and it’s easy, never has a problem, and gets the job done!! Thank you!!
Great Image Editing App - Lots of photo effects, filters, color, hue, and textural transformations. Fun and easy to learn. An outstanding app that dates back to the PowerBook years.
Wonderful. - And free. Thank you for this app.
Great for Photo Manipulation! - There are so many fun and creative things you can do with your pics in this app--many I've never seen before. I enjoy just going through all the filters to create something unique to share. Love it!