Developer: Binary Formations, LLC
Current Version: 3.8.3
Last Updated: 3 days ago
Download Size: 20.8 MB - Download
A Mac App Store Editor’s Choice, Home Inventory has been helping people around the world document & manage their home & belongings since 2005.
Called "Quick and easy to use" by the New York Times and a Mac App Store pick for “Best of 2013” by Apple, Home Inventory is the go-to tool for organizing details about your home and belongings for all your household needs.
GET RID OF PAPER CLUTTER
• Go paperless and store photos, receipts, product manuals, warranties, notes, and important documents for quick and easy access.
KEEP IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT YOUR HOME & BELONGINGS
• Make, model, serial number, purchase price, purchase date, value, and more
• Photos, receipts, notes, and important documents
• Warranty information
• Repairs, improvements, renovations
QUICKLY BUILD OUT YOUR INVENTORY
• Take photos and scan receipts directly to Home Inventory from your iPhone or iPad using Continuity Camera in Mojave and iOS 12.
• Use our free helper app, Home Inventory Remote Entry, to add items from your iPhone or iPad device.
• Add receipts directly to Home Inventory's Inbox without having to open Home Inventory.
MANAGE PERSONAL PROPERTY INSURANCE NEEDS & CLAIMS
• Personal property insurance coverage analysis lets you know if you are under or over-insured.
• Policy support handles the complex coverage rules and limits found in most personal property insurance policies.
• Share your inventory report with your insurance agent so you can determine the exact level of coverage you need.
• Reports with the required details of your belongings can be used when filing a claim to help you receive a fair and timely settlement.
MANAGE HOME MAINTENANCE
• Create a home maintenance schedule that integrates with Calendar and Reminders.
• Track important information about your home, such as square footage, purchase price, and property assessment history.
• See your overall inventory and purchase history at a glance with the Charts View.
PLAN YOUR ESTATE
• Designate heirs for items you wish to pass on to loved ones.
• Add the Heirs Report as an addendum to your Will.
• Flexible enough for any type of collectible.
• Home Inventory offers multiple ways to value collections.
• Check off items on the in/out Moving List Report.
• Have details of your belongings in case of damage during the move.
DATA PRIVACY & PROTECTION
• Your data is yours and stored locally on your Mac in a location of your choosing without the vulnerabilities of a web app.
• Automatically back up your data to the cloud using a sync service such as iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
• Use our free helper app Home Inventory Mobile Backup to backup to your iPhone or iPad for safe keeping and viewing on the go.
• Export to or Import your data to a standard CSV formatted file so it’s accessible from other applications.
FREE HELPER APPS FOR YOUR iPHONE OR iPAD
• Home Inventory Mobile Backup
• Home Inventory Remote Entry
~~~ OTHER NOTEWORTHY FEATURES ~~~
• Built-in currency conversion
• Multiple currency support
• Robust & flexible custom reporting options
• Customizable fields, field layouts, locations, categories, collections, heirs, tags & reports
• Password protection
• Track multiple homes
• Drag and drop items between homes
• Dark Mode support
• Support for Continuity Camera
• Full Screen support
• Exceptional Customer Support
If you have any issues, questions, or comments about Home Inventory please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] We are always working to improve Home Inventory and most of the changes and feature additions come from our customers.
If Home Inventory meets your needs and you feel inspired to leave a review or rating it makes a huge difference to us. Positive reviews are a huge help to small, independent software companies like ourselves. Thank You!
• In addition to the improvements below, our mobile helper apps, Home Inventory Remote Entry and Home Inventory Mobile Backup, have also been updated.
• Added support for scanning ASIN barcodes, when available from our provider, for adding items to your inventory.
• Small tweaks to the colors used to display information to help improve readability.
• Fixed some spelling errors in the interface.
• Fixed a stability issue when exiting the app.
Most Helpful Reviews
Best value and on it’s way to being excellent - I looked into many different softwares, mainly for inventorying high-end art collections. Most of the softwares specific to this need are truly expensive ($250-$5000) or only available as a subscription service (I try to avoid subscriptions like the plague). It came down to Binary Formations Home Inventory versus Blue Plum Software’s Home Inventory. Both excellent, versatile softwares, for more than a fair price. Honestly, I like Blue Plum's design a little better, aesthetically speaking, but ultimately they did not have enough customizable fields for me, and I ended up switching to Binary Formations. There is a little bit of a learning curve involved. Not everything functions the way I would expect it to, especially in terms of shortcuts and workflows that one typically sees on the Mac. But overall, this is an excellent piece of software that is very versatile, can be customized, and includes all the major features that I’m looking for, including remote entry on iPad and a light version for viewing on iPad. I am still navigating my way through the interface, so I’m not completely versed in it yet, but I’m very pleased with what I have been able to do in a short time and the logic and versatility of the system. I believe this software will only get better as the developers continue to work on it and add features. I have contacted them a few times now, and they are extremely responsive. This alone is well worth it.
Misleading ease of use - I've had this product over a month and havent even entered one item yet. Why would you advertise a compatibility with iphone/ipad that initially is only for backing up to look at items on the go? Then you add a photo remote to make adding items easier, but you physically need to have the connection going with the computer over wifi while entering. I purchased this software to speficially help my parents inventory their home, and link it to my MacAir, only to find out I need to be physically present with my laptop during the process. This is extremely time consuming and not easy to use, which is the exact opposite reason I purchased this product.
More Reviews for Current Version
Been using for Years and Love - We have been using since 2014 or so. We were mainly using it for more expensive/big ticket items. My husband and I tend to "fight" over who gets to do the fun "scan barcodes" with the free remote entry app. We have been using all this 'state at home' time during C-19 to really get it updated with smaller household goods. We did have some problems in 2018 when we got a new computer and tried to recover the backup to new device. The support team was great with trouble shooting and was able to restore store our file. Highly recommend!
Using for Years and Still Loving It - I have been a user of Home Inventory for many years. This program is straightforward, packed with functionality, and answers all my inventory needs. It’s not tied to a subscription (I don’t know how they can afford to offer this thing without one), and it’s very thoroughly and well-developed. This is, by far, the most useful third party app I have on any of my devices. I use both the mobile backup and the mobile entry apps that they offer as free tools to work in tandem with the Home Inventory. They both work easily and make inventorying enjoyable. I used this when all I wanted to do was to track all of my cool stuff plus be able to add photos. Now that I care about evidence in case of theft, insuring values, etc., Home Inventory allows for all of the reports and receipts that go along with that. Adding barcodes makes this app that much better. I also really appreciate the numerous ways to sort and look at my inventories. Good app. Always works. Easy to use. Full of features.
No iCloud support 😖 - I have used Home Inventory for many years. Recently I quit using Dropbox and then discovered Home Inventory wasn't working. Contacted support to learn of a "workaround" option but it is awkward at best. It needs iCloud support, after all it is an Apple App but it doesn't appear they plan to provide it. Too bad. I would no longer recomend this app.
Art Antiques and Collectables - I am a retired museum curator and in my work used several of the professional subscription data bases for collections and archieves. I also have a personal collection of art, antiques and collectables. I wanted to make a record of my stuff for my son who will inherit it all and to document for him my research, value and source. Modification to my needs was easy and the support superb. And it is extremly reasonably prices. Highly recommended.
Fantastic APP - This app is amazing. I love it. The only issue is that the ipad version (the mobile app) is very rudimental. It would be great to have the option to use it as an independent app without the need to have the laptop connected to the same network. However, I am very satisfied with the functionality of this app. Perfect for moving.