Developer: William Modesitt
Current Version: 3.0
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 5.3 MB - Download
Edit GPS eXchange format (GPX) files on your Mac.
GPX Editor can edit GPX files exported from many GPS devices and other apps.
- Open, edit and save multiple GPX files.
- View with Apple Maps, Google or Open Street Maps.
- View and edit waypoints, routes, tracks, track points, and file info.
- View charts such as elevation vs. track point (when elevation exists).
- Copy waypoints, routes, tracks and file info and paste to a spreadsheet.
- Copy & paste waypoints, routes, and tracks from one file to another.
- Show or hide waypoints and track points.
- Drag waypoints and track points to a new location on the map.
- Add new waypoints, routes, tracks and track points.
- Get current weather for a waypoint or track point.
- Download elevation for any waypoint or track point.
- Take a screen shot of the map for printing or reference.
- Drag and drop track points to rearrange their ordering (within the track point list).
- Export the track points as a tab-delimited file.
- Preferences let you change pin, route and track colors and more.
- Flickr search for photos and videos at any waypoint or track point location.
- Delete waypoints, routes and track points to refine your GPX file.
- Delete multiple track points easily.
- Merge track points.
- Combine track segments.
- Combine tracks.
- Convert track points into waypoints.
- Delete track segments.
- And more!
For example, you have a track from a bike ride, but you want to trim the beginning and end portions of the track. With GPX Editor it’s easy to delete multiple track points for this very purpose!
Note that GPX extensions are ignored.
- Improved file reading method now opens a GPX file with any text encryption.
- Replaced OpenWeather with Windy.
- Added the ability to add multiple custom map tiles, including overlays.
- New function under the GPX menu: optimize track points. This can greatly increase the speed of the app as well as decrease file size.
- Multiple other bug fixes and app enhancements.
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent Support & good replacement for VantagePoint - I recently purchased GPX Editor to run on my MacBook Pro. I have been moving data from VantagePoint (which doesn’t run on a Mac) into it. I wanted to add two waypoints which I did successfully and then I wanted to change the date and time field to reflect when I was at the two waypoints (I dive and mark my diving sites based on the time stamp in my dive computer) I couldn't seem to open the date and time field and make a change. I addressed this issue to the developer and received a very kind reply from William Modesitt telling me he would address the issue in a future update. Within 24 hours I looked for an update in the app store and there it was. With the new update, I was able to edit my new waypoints. I have worked in the IT field since 1981 and have NEVER had this kind of service from a developer. Thanks!
Mislieading description, app doesn't do what promise - No GPX edit. I needed to edit existing GPX file from cyclecomputer. The device stopped recording track at some timee and continiges 40 minutes after withotut me noticing it. Seems easy, ha, you open the app, load the file. And then nothing. You can't really drag the track or add new points to it. If you click at the bottom left, it says something that doesn't actually work. Horrible UX I suggest developer to a) talk to people and learn their need or b) hire someone whoe can do it and improve app's UI and overall UX. It's just super clanky. Not intuitive and learning curve is steep. Requesting refund.
More Reviews for Current Version
Obviously written by a map enthusiast - Well-crafted tool for viewing and tweaking GPX files. Love that it gives choice of map sets.