ForkLift - File Manager and FTP/SFTP/WebDAV/Amazon S3 client
Current Version: 2.6.6
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 8.5 MB - Download
*** ForkLift 3 is currently not available in the Mac App Store. To avoid confusion we made ForkLift 2 free. If you purchased ForkLift 2 here and wish to upgrade to ForkLift 3 please visit our website for more information***
ForkLift is a robust and elegant Finder replacement and FTP + SFTP + WebDAV + Amazon s3 client, fully embracing the Apple methodology of bringing incredible power to a beautiful and easy-to-use, approachable interface, it also integrates multiple features you would normally buy in many separate applications. Batch Rename, App Deleter, Archive creation & management, powerful Folder Sync, and the ability to Split and Combine large files are all at your fingertips.
NOTE: App Store versions do not contain the Disklet feature and cannot perform privileged file operations.
• Dual-pane, tabbed file management
• Connect to a remote or shared volume using FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, iDisk, SMB, AFP, NIS
• Stacks: virtual containers for working with many disparate files across volumes
• Workspaces: save a snapshot of your current directories and connections
• Folder Sync: keep two folders in sync with granular control including powerful RegExp rules
• Synclets: save any sync setup as a stand-alone app for one-button instant updating from your dock or as a cronjob
• Remote Edit files with the editors of your choice, configurable based on file extensions
• Transfer Queue: manage copy operations with global conflict management and file reordering
• Favorites Manager: organize large numbers of connections with ease
• Multi-Rename files with sequencing, add/replace text, RegExp, and metadata support
• Archive creation and management using the Unarchiver framework
• Powerful RegExp-enabled Search, Filter and Select files on any volume
• App Deleter that automatically finds and deletes related app preferences and plists
• Split and combine large files
• Columns, List, Icon and Cover Flow views with full Quick Look support
• Full keyboard support with configurable shortcuts
• Blazing fast transfer engine
If you have any questions or thoughts, please email us at [email protected]
- Fixes an issue that caused ForkLift to hang on startup on El Capitan
- Numerous other fixes and improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Been using on production machine, excellent! - I have been using this file manager for over 4 years now. I must say I love it. The favorites/workflows are simply amazing when you are working on multiple projects. Recently decided to contact support, they responded very fast. I needed the non-appstore version, for Disklets and privileged file operations, they provided me with a serial for the non-appstore version. Support response time is very fast and they solved my issue. Highly recommend this app.
New version is unusable on machine - The new version is unusable on my mac. Just hangs from the minute I start it up. All other applications freeze up waiting for this app just to start up, and I mean ALL. This is after a restart, re-install of the application. I have to SSH in through terminal again. Old version worked great, this version states fixes compatability issues but seems to of blown up on my machine. Features are not just broke I can’t even get it to display my own files on my machine. I see the base window and a pinwheel. It takes 5 minutes just to force close.
More Reviews for Current Version
Excellent replacement to Finder - runs smoothly on El Capitan - I initially purchased this app just to use it as my FTP/SFTP client. It’s great for that purpose, but also great for most file management tasks you can think of. Symlinking, archiving, renaming, organizing into groups, etc. There’s a lot of power in this app that makes it an excellent alternative to Finder, which I didn’t even realize I was looking for. Highly recommended!
Back to All Good - Version 2.6.6 fixes the hang in startup in El Capitan. Linking it once again. Thx for the update.
Didn’t work as well for me for AWS S3 - In fairness, I needed it to transfer an extremely large file. It ran great for a while and then died every time due to timeouts. Doesn’t seem to handle slowdowns or timeouts very gracefully. No settings for retries, retry delay or timeout length. It just gives an error and then quits. Resuming a failed upload is also not an option. I think I just paid to test the software.
RegEx search is icing on the cake - A great overall app. The ability to select objects in S3 using RegEx is really invaluable if you have thousands of objects with the same prefix. No more deleting them one by one!
Free – last breath of the dying legend? - Forklift once was the best on the market. But it seems it can’t keep up with the times and demands of the new systems. It became significantly unstable when working with the big amounts of files or big single files. Not saying about lack of stability under El Capitan and most of all Sierra. Becoming free looks like the last effort to promote the dying product. Maybe the next version will save the whale, will see