Final Cut Pro X
Current Version: 10.4.9
Last Updated: 30 minutes ago
Download Size: 2.9 GB - Download
Redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Harness the power of Mac Pro and Afterburner for realtime 8K editing
• Modern Metal engine improves playback, rendering, and compositing on all Macs
• Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, H.264, HEVC, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles — including dialogue, music, effects, and custom choices — during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Sync video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, and deliver video in standard color spaces, or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Use Pro Display XDR to accurately view HDR video
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 10.14.6 or macOS 10.15.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 3.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
Improved proxy workflows
• Generate proxy media in custom frame sizes of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, or full resolution
• Choose to create proxy media in either ProRes Proxy or H.264
• Choose to display original or optimized media if proxy media is not available for some clips in your project
• Create a proxy-only copy of a library to reduce size for portability or performance
Social media tools
• Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
• Display media outside the Viewer boundary when adjusting scale, rotation, and position using Transform Overscan
• Add a Custom Overlay as an on-screen guide when placing text and graphics within a square or vertical frame
• Use the new Duplicate Project As command in combination with Smart Conform to quickly create a social media version of your existing project
Other new features
• Adjust ProRes RAW camera settings such as ISO, color temperature, and exposure offset using new controls in the inspector
• Crossfade audio on adjacent clips in one step using a menu command or keyboard shortcut
• Use Close Project command in a new drop-down menu above the timeline to clear project history
• Sort clips and projects by last modified date in list view
• Preview 360-degree stereoscopic 3D video in simultaneous left and right eye views with the 360° Viewer
• Easily stabilize 360-degree video with one-click tools in the inspector
Most Helpful Reviews
Review from a recent Premiere Pro Convert! - I have used Adobe Premiere Pro for the longest time when I need to do the TV commercials for the company I work for. We got so tired or paying the monthly fee (including fee hikes all the time) that we decided to look for another program. I wanted something that was on the same level as Premiere Pro (or better), but I also wanted it to be a little easier to use. Premiere Pro is such a hard program to get used to. The learning curve is extremely unforgiving, so when we decided on Final Cut Pro I wasn’t really thrilled, I had visions of learning Premiere Pro. Let me tell you… not only does this program have all the features i’m used to from Adobe, it was actually fun learning how to use it! I like the face that Final Cut is very straight forward, Adobe had menu’s upon menu’s of junk everywhere. Apple made this program very clean user friendly. With just the function alone, I feel that it has cut my editing time by a lot. I don’t know why I never gave it a shot before! There aren’t any real downsides that I can think of yet, I’m sure I’ll come across something that is annoying. Mostly I just need to watch some videos and read information on how to use this program so I can learn all the ins and outs. If you are looking for a program that is not only easy enough for a novice to use but something powerful for a professional also than look no further!
Love FCPX, but 10.1.3 is very bad update, don’t update - I’m a professional independent filmmaker working on a Feature Film, using a screaming fast 3.5Ghz intel Quad-Core i7 iMac. I Stuck with Final Cut when everybody was jumping ship and going over to Premiere. I LOVE FCPX! I would rate it 4 to 5 stars. BUT, the latest update 10.1.3 is a very, very, VERY bad update and that’s why I rate it 1 star. Took over 2 hours to open app. Everything moves super slow, program froze, had to force quit. Made the mouse freeze on screen for other programs too. I just want 10.1.2 back, or a quick fix as I have deadlines by months end, and I’m working with pros in post doing color, sound mix, and composing. This is a good program, and a bad update. Just take that into account. You will want this program, and I’m loyal to it, but maybe on another update!
More Reviews for Current Version
MXF Files Won't Play From Sony Cameras - Just upgraded too 10.4.9 and the files form my Sony camera will no longer play. It says there is a "missing plug-in". I have the latest version of the Pro Video Formats updates so that isn't the issue. Literally can't do any work at the moment because of this. I spent most of the night searching for a silution and have yet to find anything. Everything was working on the last version prior to the update. I've tried uninstalling FCPX and re-installing and still not working. Not sure what to do at this point.
Worst NLE on the market - I have had a long and storied career in film and TV. I didn’t know it was possible to regress one’s progress. But here we are. Apple is Benjamin Buttoning themselves every time they release someothing new. It gets smaller and progressively worse. Apple released the worst picture editing software ever conceived by man when they put out FCPX. Should be ashamed. Take a page from Adobe and Avid. Forget the pretty colors. Pretty colors and sleek UI is not what editing is about. When I want a tool to work, I don’t want to hunt for the reason why it DOESN’T work burried in a series of sub menus or find out that the tool doesn’t work at all or does the opposite of what I intended. A oage one rewrite this code is in order.
10.4.9 is crazy BUGGY - After updating, FCPX crashed upon opening over and over. Finally I deleted preferences and it opened up again. But now it crashes instantly if I try to rename a project. This has happened over and over...it's not a fluke, it's a bug. Seriously Apple? Did anyone test this before farming it out to the masses??
doesnt work after last update. - will not launch after the most recent update. first time in 9 years this has happened. i literally cannot do my job on my computer.
10.4.9 is rubbish! - Keeps deleting projects when you change the name or in one instance just opening the text field to modify.