Final Cut Pro X
Current Version: 10.4.10
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 2.9 GB - Download
Redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Harness the power of Mac Pro and Afterburner for realtime 8K editing
• Modern Metal engine improves playback, rendering, and compositing on all Macs
• Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, H.264, HEVC, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles — including dialogue, music, effects, and custom choices — during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Sync video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, and deliver video in standard color spaces, or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Use Pro Display XDR to accurately view HDR video
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 10.14.6 or macOS 10.15.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 3.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
• Fixes an issue in which XAVC media from the Sony PXW-FX9 camera is not recognized
• Fixes an issue where brightness levels shift when switching between Better Quality and Better Performance in the viewer
• Fixes an issue in which effect keyframes are not added correctly when using onscreen controls
• Improves stability when using the transform tool with multiple clips in the timeline
• Improves reliability when exporting an FCPXML that contains Compound clips
• Addresses an issue which could prevent sharing at certain resolutions
• Fixes an issue in which sharing a Compound or Multicam clip from the timeline was disabled
Most Helpful Reviews
Review from a recent Premiere Pro Convert! - I have used Adobe Premiere Pro for the longest time when I need to do the TV commercials for the company I work for. We got so tired or paying the monthly fee (including fee hikes all the time) that we decided to look for another program. I wanted something that was on the same level as Premiere Pro (or better), but I also wanted it to be a little easier to use. Premiere Pro is such a hard program to get used to. The learning curve is extremely unforgiving, so when we decided on Final Cut Pro I wasn’t really thrilled, I had visions of learning Premiere Pro. Let me tell you… not only does this program have all the features i’m used to from Adobe, it was actually fun learning how to use it! I like the face that Final Cut is very straight forward, Adobe had menu’s upon menu’s of junk everywhere. Apple made this program very clean user friendly. With just the function alone, I feel that it has cut my editing time by a lot. I don’t know why I never gave it a shot before! There aren’t any real downsides that I can think of yet, I’m sure I’ll come across something that is annoying. Mostly I just need to watch some videos and read information on how to use this program so I can learn all the ins and outs. If you are looking for a program that is not only easy enough for a novice to use but something powerful for a professional also than look no further!
Love FCPX, but 10.1.3 is very bad update, don’t update - I’m a professional independent filmmaker working on a Feature Film, using a screaming fast 3.5Ghz intel Quad-Core i7 iMac. I Stuck with Final Cut when everybody was jumping ship and going over to Premiere. I LOVE FCPX! I would rate it 4 to 5 stars. BUT, the latest update 10.1.3 is a very, very, VERY bad update and that’s why I rate it 1 star. Took over 2 hours to open app. Everything moves super slow, program froze, had to force quit. Made the mouse freeze on screen for other programs too. I just want 10.1.2 back, or a quick fix as I have deadlines by months end, and I’m working with pros in post doing color, sound mix, and composing. This is a good program, and a bad update. Just take that into account. You will want this program, and I’m loyal to it, but maybe on another update!
More Reviews for Current Version
Horrid software - I used this and an update (that apple did without my permission) completely destroyed a movie library I had spent thousands of hours working on. I could not get it back..... imagine how furious I was. I hate that apple forces updates on you... its awful. I want to sue apple for this, literally thousands of hours of work down the drain....
Importing media with new FCPX update - Certain media fiies will not import. PNG, MOV or MP4 video files. After clicking iimport media, window does not close, media is not imported into project.
Still the Worst Software I've Ever Paid For - I'm forced to use FCPX for my work, and this is the ABSOLUTE WORST sotfware I've ever had to use. The new issue is that sound effect files just go missing randomly from your timeline, so, after you've spent tons of time adding sound effects to a project, "poof" there the linked files go. Thanks FCPX, you've never failed to steal hours from me with your huge amount of bugs. Shameful software engineering.
Okay its broken - Disregard my other review. The playback window drops frames, cliping the timeline locks up FCPX, transitions lock it up and just opening the program causes my 16in macbook pros fan to come on and run like a hog :/
MOLASSES - Will drive you mad.