Feedy - RSS Client
Developer: Nikolai Krill
Current Version: 2.0.1
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 1.7 MB - Download
An elegant and lightweight RSS client and news reader for your Mac. Feedy uses tweet data to rate the popularity of each story, helping you find the content that is most interesting and noteworthy.
- Built-in reader provides full-length, clutter-free articles
- Top stories highlighted in the list and menu bar so you don't miss them
- Limit the number of stories by popularity from feeds with too much content
- Personal keywords let you highlight stories matching your interests
- Sort stories by time or by popularity
- Folders, favorites, search, notifications, and more
How do the popularity ratings work?
Feedy assigns each item in your feeds a rating. The rating is generated based on the number of tweets mentioning the article, which is a powerful metric of how interesting and noteworthy an article is. Feedy also assigns high ratings for feeds that update infrequently, so you don't miss that rare post from your favorite small website or blog.
Feedy 2.0 is here and is now FREE! New features and improvements include:
- Improved algorithm for generating popularity ratings
- Story popularity displayed graphically in the list
- Ability to import and export feeds using OPML-files
- Feeds limited by popularity more accurate and useful
- Ability to view filtered stories from limited feeds
- Status label indicating when feeds were last updated
- Option to scroll to top when new stories arrive
- Option to mark stories as read when scrolled into view
- Improved thumbnail and summary retrieval for many feeds
- Fixed a number of issues, improved overall behavior, and more
Most Helpful Reviews
A wonderful reader - What I like most is that you are absolutely not attached to any web service. All the subscriptions and folders are stored locally. When Google Reader was closed, a lot of users and developers (making GReader-compatible apps) faced a problem - what to do, what service to use. I believe, Feedy developers have chosen the right way. The app itself is super easy to use and the design is merely gorgeous. Thanks for making a beautiful, fast and clean app that does it job perfectly.
More Reviews for Current Version
Jumpy and glitchy - even on a new iMac - I was excited to seee this app, and even gave a donation for it. It is a good, BASIC RSS reader. Where it needs improvement is in how it handles new feeds. The scrolling starts jumping and bouncing all around, causing one to lose their place in reading if not careful. A little work could make this a stellar app, unique in its class.v Until then, stick with web-based services like Feedly.