Fantastical - Calendar & Tasks
Developer: Flexibits Inc.
Current Version: 3.1.1
Last Updated: 12 days ago
Download Size: 20.6 MB - Download
Fantastical is the multiple award-winning calendar app with powerful features including an intuitive natural language parsing, a full calendar window with day, week, month, and year views, an ultra-quick access mini window, tasks, time zone support, and much, much more.
Fantastical's natural language event and task creation, beautiful calendar views, and ultra-smart event list make it the best calendar and tasks app you'll ever use. Just type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical will schedule it! Or type in "remind me to Buy Milk on Tuesday" and Fantastical will create a task with a due date!
TRY FANTASTICAL FOR FREE
• Beautiful, clean, and easy to use calendar app allowing you to manage basic events
• Use the mini window to quickly check your schedule with customizable keyboard shortcut
• 3 day weather forecast (powered by AccuWeather)
• 14 day free trial for Fantastical Premium
UPGRADE TO FANTASTICAL PREMIUM (requires subscription)
• Includes Fantastical on all platforms: Mac, iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad
• Extended 10 day weather forecast with RealFeel and MinuteCast up-to-the-minute weather data (powered by AccuWeather)
• Browse and instantly subscribe to interesting calendars, including sports, TV shows, holidays, and much more (powered by SchedJoules)
• Full task support including Todoist and Google Tasks
• Calendar sets - quickly toggle multiple calendars on or off with a simple click or automatically when you leave or arrive, based on location
• Event and task templates
• Sync calendar sets and templates across devices
• Full screen day, week, month, and year views
• Apple Watch app with Up Next and Weather (and works over LTE)
• Parser autocomplete recommendations for invitees, locations, and calendars/task lists
• Propose multiple times to easily ask people when they can meet
• Combine duplicate events across multiple calendars
• Invitees and availability lookups
• Respond to event invitations
• Default alerts
• Time zone override
• Favorite time zones
• Push updates for Google and Exchange
• Manage Google Hangouts, Google Meet, and Zoom events
• Set event travel time and receive time to leave notifications
• Custom event colors
• Hide events without deleting them
• Add attachments to events on iCloud, Google, and Exchange
• Priority email support
THE EASIEST WAY TO ADD EVENTS AND TASKS
• Open Fantastical with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or task!
• Powerful parser features, including:
- Create tasks by starting your sentence with “task” ”reminder", "todo", or "remind me to"
- Powerful and expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases like "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
WORKS THE WAY YOU DO
• Connects to your favorite calendar services including iCloud, Google, Exchange, Office 365, Todoist, Yahoo, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
• Fantastical is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish
• Start typing your event or task in any of these languages and Fantastical will automagically understand!
EVEN MORE FANTASTICAL
• macOS Today Widget, Action Extension, and Share Extension
• Handoff support between Fantastical for Mac, iPhone, and iPad
• Time zone support including floating time zone support
• Dark and light themes
• And much, much more!
- Added support for BigBlueButton, Chime, Highfive, Lifesize, VooV, Whereby, and ZoomGov conference calls
- Improved detection for certain types of Zoom, GoToMeeting, and BlueJeans links
- Zoom and Microsoft Teams calls will open directly in the app when possible
- Conference calls are now detected inside Microsoft ATP safe links
- Better handling when moving an item with attachments across accounts
- Fixed autocomplete not working in the location field
- Fixed join button in Day and Week view appearing incorrectly at small text sizes
- Fixed join icon in menu bar appearing upside down on 10.13 and 10.14
- Fixed a crash on 10.13 when setting a custom repeat for an event
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Most Helpful Reviews
Outstanding, “every-day” utility completely replaces Apple Calendar - I’ve been using Fantastical since its very first version, and it remains to this day my “use-it-every-day-all-the-time” ulitlity, on my desktop, laptop, phones and iPads. Fantastical’s best feature is its “plain language” ability to create new events. Works nearly flawlessly to parse dates, times and complicated recurring events (“first day of the month,” "second Tuesday of the month,” etc.). The user interface is excellent, even on small phone screens. Most importantly, this app is dependable, reliable. It syncs flawlessly with itself on all my devices, very quickly. Handles invitations from Outlook users well, and handles locations/maps well, too. Integrates smoothly with Google calendars and with Apple Calendar. Handles shared ICS event files flawlessly. If I have any complaint (a minor one), it’s that I’d prefer to be able to tweak my user interface a bit, such as enlarging text on the iPhone version, adjusting (‘toning down”) the app’s jarring red color banner, etc. The iOS version works well. I’m hoping the developers create a “shortcut” capability (other than Siri, which it already has) to allow users to enter events directly from the new Apple “Shortcuts” app, without having to open Fantastical on the phone. This is a first class app, made for people who use it - and depend on it - heavily.
I’ve lost patience with this app - My calendar app needs to be very solid, and Fantastical 2 just isn’t good enough. It has a lots of good features that I like a lot, but it is not trustworthy. Adding is easy, but whenever I change my schedule, I spend more time checking that the change was made correctly than actually making the change. Sometimes drag and drop works, sometimes it crashes the app. The app crashes about once every other day when events are changed. There are other calendar apps that don’t offer the same feature set and are not quite as up-to-date with Apple technologies, but they very rarely crash and I always know what the app is doing. This is a very expensive calendar app and it’s main selling point is speedy additions. That’s worthless if the rest of the app doesn’t work right.
More Reviews for Current Version
Terrible update - This took my wonderful calendar on Mac and especially iOS and tanked it. I can't reliably search for events now. I live in my calendar for work and this has cost enormous productivity. Update: the developer responded and asked me to email support; I had already done so and they did not take the time to read or respond to most of my concerns, and the "solution" they DID provide had no effect. This is a great example of why Apple should make it easy to go back to an old version. The update literally disabled day, week, month, and year views. It's a calendar app — what’s left if I don't have these views?!? I paid $49.99 for this and feel shafted by the update and the lack of effective support.
Dissapointed - I think as many have expressed there has been a stark shift in customer satisfaction since the new version was introduced. It seems as this feedback is falling on deaf ears. I understand that companies may sometimes have to change up their pricing models. I think the one that receives most backlash is when a paid app goes subscription based. That said, my issue isn't even with that. It's more about the greed behind charging $40 a year (if paid anually,) or $60 if billed monthly. If it was billed as $20 yearly or $1.99 a month I think more Fantastical customers would have been willing to adapt. I guess Fantastical is willing to lose a lot of customers if a small percentage are willing to pay the absurd pricing. As the title says... dissapointed.
Good calendar, too expensive - I love a product made by people who care about the user experience and this company is an example of how to stp up up your game. That said, it most definitely should NOT be a subscription model. It's a calendar for god's sake so that's silly. I understand the lure of buckets of cash by trying to get people to pay each month but that's just NOT worth it. I got my version because I took a deep breath and paid the jacked up price on the Mac after using the iPhone version but I would never suggest anyone pay a subscription for this. Hard no.
Top Shelf Software - Although I was steamed when they went to a subscription model, Fantastical is so much better than any other alternative, that I had to buy the upgrade. I love the way it works seamlessly between all my platforms.
Can't live without this app! - I decided to upgrade to the subscription and really enjoy the perks offered. More choices of colors for my color coded calendar. It keeps me organized throughout the year.