EncounterPlus for D&D 5E
EncounterPlus VTT is a powerful virtual tabletop tool designed to help Dungeon Masters to run D&D 5E combat encounters more easily. You can track initiative, health, statistics, and conditions for various monsters and players. Now even with animated video background for Battle Maps.
• Initiative, health, experience and conditions tracker
• Random encounter generator
• Encounter difficulty calculator
• Bestiary, Monster Manual, Magic items and Spells
• Bookmarks, a quick search
• Player and Non-Player characters
• SRD and custom content
• Campaigns, Modules and Asset packs
• Spell Area of Effects
• Dice Roller
• iCloud sync support
• iPad Multitasking, Split screen, Drag&Drop
• External Screen with AirPlay (as In-App purchase)
• Battle Maps (as In-App purchase)
• Fog of War and dynamic Line of Sight (as In-App purchase)
• Animated video background for Battle Maps
• No Ads
Information about subscriptions:
• Subscribers will receive 1 week free of Premium Features
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• Depending on what subscription length you those (Monthly or Yearly), so long as your subscription is active, you will have access to the entire premium functionality for these periods, respectfully.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
• Add support for remote play using web client [Early access, for premium members only]
• Add local web-server with JSON API and Web Sockets
• Add new remote play configuration in external screen window settings
• Add new pointer tool to battle maps
• Add performance improvements in battle map rendering
• Add fix for crash on macOS when collapsing inline rows
• Add fix for poor resolution in various image exports
• Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent tool for GMs - I don't usually rate or review apps, unless they are really good. This is one of the best tools for running D&D. It is not the most mature, in terms of development cycle, meaing... it is still a work in progress. That said, it is better than its two main competitors in many ways. Any app with this much functionality is going to have a learning curve, but stick with it. Once you get to know the system, it really shines. There is a dedicated user community that's very helpful too.
More Reviews for Current Version
The best app for D&D - This app has always been excellent, but the developer has added major features that make it phenomenal. With the new web client version, it’s become THE app for dungeon masters.
I love it but… - I am a "premium" user. The software is fantastic for the target audience. It truly solved many issues for me as a DM and I am grateful to have access to it. I prefer it to any of the in browser solutions that have cropped up. That said, here are my major issues. 1. There is zero documentation. The help section in the software is out of date. Most users are relying on hours of experiementing along with various blog posts to learn to use the software. Hopefully the developer will open a wiki so that users can write the documentation for him. There is no app support. Users must submit posts to a reddit thread and hope that the developer responds, which he usually does not because he's likely busy developing. So features go out fast, which is AWESOME, but it'll take a while for you to figure out exactly how to use them. There's no detailed release notes with new versions. There's the occasional silent Youtube video with vague comments. 2. The backups get bloated with image files very easily. The software relies on XML docs to store information. When you edit a doc by adding any image it will copy that image into an internal repo. Once there the images do not seem to be easily found or deleted. So if I change an image in a doc five times I then have five images in the repo. If I export or backup the information it is loaded with months old images that are not being used. There's no way to automatically or even manually do garbage collection from what I can find. I could be wrong but my backups are getting huge. 3. The OSX version seems much more unstable than the IOS version. 30% of the time it crashes if I try to edit a document using the internal editor.
Room for improovement - The only thing I would change is make the battle map free. You shouldn’t have to pay to insert a tent or have grass under your adventurer’s feet. Other than that, it’s a great DM tool.
Better than Roll20 AND Fantasy Grounds - This is a Virtual Tabletop for iOS, optimized for in-person play, but capable of remote play too. Great for campaign management and running a session, with a fantastically responsive developer that takes community feedback into account for every decision. There’s a small learning curve, but it’s surprisingly intuitive as it’s built to be a native iOS app, taking full advantage of your devices features. It’s exactly what you’ve been looking for.
Great app, great developer, great community - The app is second to none with more and more features constantly being added. The developer is very responsive and active. And there is a strong community of DMs using the app and chatting about tips and tricks. Well worth it on its own, but super worth getting the subscription