Developer: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Current Version: 2.9.53
Last Updated: 5 days ago
Download Size: 25.7 MB - Download
Downcast, the popular iOS podcast app is now available for OS X! Download, play and sync** your favorite podcasts with an intuitive interface built specifically for podcasts.
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically (including resuming downloads)
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-update podcast feeds based on schedule
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention (globally and per-podcast)
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected feeds
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast subscription names
• Sync podcast subscriptions, playlists, settings and episode information with other Macs and iOS devices** via iCloud
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x, 2.75x and 3x speed playback*
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
For support, please email: [email protected]
* See the following Help article for an explanation of play speeds: http://support.downcastapp.com/customer/portal/articles/476114-playback-speeds
** Downcast for iOS is required for syncing to iOS devices
• Performance improvement during playback
• Fixes behavior on playlist episode list that could lead to duplicated or empty rows
• Fixes issue with importing feeds using the "downcast://" or "downcasts://" schemes
• Fixes issue with handling of the `itunes:new-feed-url` rss tag.
• Fixes a couple of dark mode related issues
Most Helpful Reviews
Good at Everything Except Sync - It’s a very good podcast player with lots of really good features. All of which are mitigated by really stupid synchronization. If I make a change on the desktop at 2:30pm, that should be the overriding change. A change made a month ago on iOS shouldn’t just take over. That’s how sync logic should work: the latest change gets priority over any previous changes. Yet for some reason, Downcast can’t do that. It applies BOTH the latest local changes AND the latest remote changes How stupid is that? The developer really needs to fix this. If it’s a function of iCloud — which I doubt as other apps sync with iCloud just fine — the developer should find another sync solution. Is there a specific sequence of steps a user must take to make this work? The developer should tell the user up front. Otherwise, a very good podcast player with lots of really good features.
No longer works. - This app is no longer working. It does not find new episodes, the start/end time feature doesn’t work. All works well with my iPhone though. This app used to be very good, but it’s gone down hill very quickly. Downgraded my rating to one star. I’ve contacted their support and get no response. I even went on their facebook and no response there either. If I could give 0 stars I would since this app does not work.