Password Manager Data Vault
Developer: Ascendo Inc.
Current Version: 7.1.19
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 11.7 MB - Download
The Leading Password Manager for Mac ◆ AES Encryption ◆ Touch ID ◆ Website Logins ◆ iCloud Sync ◆ Automatic Backups ◆ Password Generator ◆ Flexible Templates ◆ Advanced Security Options
“Apps That will Change Your Life” - Wall Street Journal
“10 Must Have Apps (DataVault #1)” - CNET
"DataVault is a user-friendly and feature-rich password manager that will keep your information safe and accessible without hitting your wallet too hard." Secure Mac
“My most important app. I have used Data Vault for years. It is my favorite app. I have never had any problems. It’s always accurate, well designed, user friendly and safe.”
“Huge Fan of DataVault!! Everything I wanted in a Password manager! It looks great on my iPad, it works great on my Mac! The customer service is amazing!”
“The Best Password App For Your MAC. There are Password apps and then there is DataVault which is the only app to be using on your MAC. To me this blows the rest away.”
DataVault Password Manager for Mac protects confidential information such as passwords, usernames and financial information using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), the most powerful technology to keep your data safe.
SECURE YOUR DATA
- DataVault encrypts your information using AES, the global standard for data protection. Your master password isn’t stored anywhere on the device. Not even Ascendo has the key. Only you can unlock your data.
- Provides 256-bit encryption with PBKDF2 and salting to insure the highest level of security of any password manager.
- Touch ID support for fingerprint login.
- Set a Security Timeout to require login after an inactivity delay.
- Set Maximum Login Attempts to wipe your data after successive failed login attempts.
- Set a Master password hint in case you forget your master password.
- Use Field Masking to shield data from prying eyes.
- Automatically enter usernames and passwords using Safari Extension. See user guide for installation instructions.
- Backup your data automatically to insure you never lose your important information.
- Create strong passwords using build-in Password Generator with settings for length and types of characters. Strength Meter tells you if you passwords are weak, good or strong.
- Synchronize with DataVault for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and other devices (sold separately).
- Use iCloud, Dropbox, Wi-Fi to synchronize your devices.
SIMPLE TO USE
- View items in list view or folder view.
- Use Templates to enter common items such as bank accounts, credit cards and logins.
- Select from 50 default templates or create your own.
- Use categories and types to organize Items.
- Duplicate items for faster entry.
- Search Settings including case sensitivity.
And a whole lot more...
- 200 icons to personalize your Items.
- Import from Dashlane, Keeper, 1Password, Lastpass, mSecure, EWallet, SplashID, Keepass & other applications.
- Import from text files in CSV format.
- Print items.
- Great email support.
Incorporated in San Diego, California, Ascendo has been a leading software developer since 2004.
Questions? We would love to hear from you! [email protected]
Secure. Powerful. Simple. Try DataVault Password Manager today!
- Fixed issue causing DataVault to continue running if user closed login window with red exit button.
- Improved Password Generator to create 64 character passwords.
- Fixed issue with Maximum Failed Login attempts.
- Fixed issue causing login window to appear behind other open windows.
If you have any issues with DataVault for Mac, please email [email protected]
If you like free updates, please rate DataVault favorably in the Mac App Store!
Most Helpful Reviews
The is the BEST Password Manager - I have used this for years and the latest update is awesome! Since the latest update, I don’t need to use Drop Box to sync all my devises, I just use iCloud! It works without any issues at all. I have Data Vault on my MacBook Air, my iPad Mini and my iPhone. What is great about this is, I can make a change to any of my devises and it will sync the other devises for me, always keeping my important and up to date information on what ever devise I am using at the time, it doesn’t get any better than that for me. It is also very secure with the 128 bit encryption standard and the premium level allows a 256 bit encryption to keep your passwords safe! The last but most important item for me is the owner of this software company. Marc is incredible, he is ALWAYS available and works hard to make sure you are satified. Over the years, I have had questions or due to my mistake not understood a feature of this product. Marc has gone above and beyond to make sure that his product is working correctly and I am utilizing all the features of this software. I can honestly say that he is the easiest and best developer I have EVER worked with on the app’s that I own. I would highly recomend you buying this app if you are in need of an affordable and easy to use Password Manager.
Promising app, but VERY POOR tech support - I tried loads of password managers for my iPhone before settling on DataVault. And for awhile, I was completely satisfied with both the iOS and the OS X versions. A few months ago, however, when I synced the two devices, I realized that the desktop version no longer registered any of the new entries that I had made on my iPhone. I tried deleting the Mac app and reinstalling. Didn't fix it. Then v.4.6.7 came out. But instead of fixing the previous version's bugs, the desktop verision wouldn't even open anymore!! Initially, tech support was very responsive. But after trying numerous fixes (from the FAQ's section, tech support, as well as my own ideas), and getting nowhere, tech support just stopped responding to my emails. It's as if they think, "If we simply ignore this customer long enough, he and his problem will just go away." I'd really hate to have to switch password manager apps, especially since the iOS version works so well. But if I can't even open the desktop version, let alone sync info between the two apps, then I guess I'll have to switch. And all because of lousy tech support!
More Reviews for Current Version
Saves My Sanity - I have been using Data Vault since 2012 for all my family’s passwords. This app is the only reason that all my remaining brain cells are not dedicated to expired passwords. Thanks Data Vault! I still have a brain! There are several specific reasons I am such a fan: 1. I use the password generator to generate at least 14 digit passwords that I am comfortable are random and secure. The process is effortless and satisfying. 2. I am comfortable with long, random passwords only because I use Data Vault synced across two Mac laptops and two iPhones. I don’t need to remember passwords because they are always available easily and quickly. Synching is also effortless and satisfying. 3. I understand and comply with the now almost universal caution not to reuse passwords across different websites. That means that I now have more than 90 active passwords and Data Vault’s ability to organize, alphabetize and logically present them means I can have the app open while I pay bills and not be slowed down with password mania. I could go on, but the point is that passwords are important and Data Vault makes their management easy. I am a long-time, grateful user of this app.
Password Manager Data Vault is Excellent - I have Password Manager Data Vault on my iPhone SE Max, iPad Pro, iPad Mini and a MacBook Pro. They all work as advertised and synch flawlessly using iCloud with allmy devices. This App is good value for the price. I don't just use it for passwords but for many other bits I need to recall from time to time. I'm 82 closing on 83 and these days with having to change passwords frequently it's not so easy for me to remember the change. I always write down the new password that needs to be changed first then immediately after effecting the change I edit that password in Data Vault. This is my goto App.
Simple and effective - This is simple and it does its job. Inexpensive as well.
The best! - I have been using Data Vault for many years and love it. I enter all kinds of infomation that I want extra security for, i.e. healthcare, finance, etc. and feel totally confident that it is safe.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS APP - Read the product description extremely careful as it’s very misleading. I reached out to customer support about the issue and they simply said you should of read it better. Alex from customer service was extremely rude. There’s tons of other apps I choose over this one after how I have been treated. Extremely dissappointed and I expected better for the amount of money.