Contacts Sync for Google Gmail
Developer: Playa Apps
Current Version: 7.2.2
Last Updated: 6 days ago
Download Size: 4.6 MB - Download
••• SYNCS GROUPS!
••• SYNCS AUTOMATICALLY!
••• #1 IN DOWNLOADS & REVIEWS FOR 8+ YEARS!
With ”Contacts Sync for Google Gmail,” you can quickly & easily sync your Google & Mac contacts so that you can have access to your contacts wherever you go. This app distinguishes itself with its reliability, ease of use, speed, and with a true "2-way sync" that merges changes made to both your Gmail & Mac contacts. This is the #1 app for syncing Google contacts with Mac both in terms of downloads & reviews.
Also of significance, this app syncs contact groups with Google. For instance, you may have organized your Google contacts into groups such as "friends," "family," and "coworkers." After syncing, your Mac groups will match your Google groups.
With the customizability that this app provides, it can be used in a number of creative ways. For example, you can backup your Mac contacts to Google, you can sync iCloud or Exchange contacts with Google, or you can perform syncs in one direction only (such as Google to Mac).
• Choose from one of the following sync types: 2-way sync, Google contacts -> Mac, Mac contacts -> Google, & Manual Sync
• Choose a 2-way sync to combine changes you’ve made to Gmail & Mac
• Choose a 1-way sync to transfer changes in one direction only
• Choose a manual sync to sync selected contacts only
• Sync specific contacts only by using filters
• Apply the group filter to sync contacts that belong to the specified groups only
SYNCS ALL FIELDS:
• Syncs all fields including names, phonetic names, nicknames, email addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses, company names, job titles, departments, birthdays, anniversaries, events, notes, web page addresses, relationships, instant messaging accounts, & social profiles
• Syncs contact photos
• Syncs custom labels & custom fields
• During the initial sync, the contents of matching Google & Mac contacts will be merged
CONFIRM CHANGES BEFORE SYNCING:
• Review each change before the sync actually begins
• Easily override the suggested changes
• Automatically syncs contacts in the background 24/7
• Choose which Mac contact account you want to sync with Google whether it's an ordinary “On My Mac” account, iCloud, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or even Facebook
• Prevents duplicates by automatically matching your Google & Mac contacts when syncing
• Eliminate duplicates at contacts.google.com and sync to remove from Mac
• Monitor the results of the current sync, and review the results of the last 100 synchronizations
• Compatible with iCloud, Google Apps, Exchange Server, SSO
• English, French, & Spanish
• In the case that you need support, our friendly American customer support team usually answers emails within 4 hours
* Fixed issue with contact photos not appearing in Google when syncing Google with certain CardDAV accounts
Most Helpful Reviews
Where has this app been all my life??? Perfectd for iPhones!! - I’ve now been using this app for almost two months. If you use an email app tied to Google but keep your contacts in Apple’s Contacts app, it is essential for them to sync, since new or revised emails addresses that you load into your Apple Contacts are fetched by your iPhone from Gmail, not from the Apple Contacts. This app makes this constant self-syncing a piece of cake. Be sure to backup your Contacts before using this in case you screw up (I did backup but didn’t screw up), but you’ll be very pleased with the results. It syncs everything in your Apple Contacts including your notes, addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc. I couldn’t be happier!!
Horrible... - I've used this product for over a year, first on my iPhone then my Mac. Each time it syncs it moves all of my Gmail contacts over to other contacts, then I have to move them right back. It indicates that it finds duplicates yet offers no viable worthwhile resolution/function. Not to mention that Gmail itself doesn't seem to catch the duplicates that this program finds but doesn't fix. The only reason I still use Gmail is for Google Voice on my iPhone. Other than that Gmail contact usage is ridiculous at best. I guess I'm searching for a new software product that can actually do what it states. Good luck to anyone that has over 1,000 contacts and tries to use this product. Beware and back up your contacts before you use it.