Developer: Splasm Software, Inc.
Current Version: 2.6.16
Last Updated: 14 days ago
Download Size: 28.8 MB - Download
"Where does all my money go?" A paper check register can't categorize your transactions or report cash flow over time, and it'll never balance itself. Other finance apps are like medieval torture devices, so full of features you don't need that they're actually painful to use. What you really need is a friendly personal finance tool that gets the basics just right and keeps things simple. That's where we come in. Introducing CheckBook 2, your powerfully simple personal finance manager.
Precisely manage your finances
• Find transactions with simple searches or dozens of powerful search criteria
• Reconcile your accounts to the penny
• Schedule transactions that repeat periodically, like monthly bills and paychecks
• Track cash flow over time with customizable reports so you can see where your money came from and where it’s going
Import from other personal finance apps or your bank
• Strong support for OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and Text
• Import from Quicken® Essentials for Mac
Share and sync your data
• Sync with other users on a local network
• Sync with iCloud
• Manage accounts in multiple currencies
• Transfer funds between accounts without creating two transactions (check out the built-in help or contact us for help)
Learn more about CheckBook
• Download & print CheckBook's built-in help: http://www.splasm.com/checkbook
• Watch video tutorials of CheckBook: http://www.splasm.com/videos
• Share with other CheckBook users in our forums: http://www.splasm.com/forum
Send questions about CheckBook to [email protected] We're happy to help!
• We’ve added new keyboard shortcuts to CheckBook’s date pickers. Try ‘Y’, ‘M’, and ‘D’, for today’s year, month, and day, and don’t forget ’T’ and ‘L’, for today’s date and the last entered date, are already in there.
• Corrects an issue preventing row heights from being recalculated when you change the Entry Font Size preference while the Amount column is hidden.
• Includes minor user interface enhancements.
Most Helpful Reviews
I like it so much that I bought the App Store version too. - The title says it all. I have been using CheckBook for years. It was a no-brainer to purchase the App Store version. Now I have the same great program that I have been using combined with the ease of installing and updating via the Mac App Store. The standard version is fine for me. CheckBook is a very convenient way to keep track of my bank account and credit card activity. The dedicated password-protected app is much better than me trying to create my own method with a text file or spreadsheet. I also appreciate being able to export my info in order to archive it outside of CheckBook.
Not Good - Where to begin? I have had this app for awhile. It is awful slow to open, to tab through an entry, to do anything. It is just slow like it is hanging up or something. Then one day it decided that it had to create a new account. Unsure of what it was doing I hit "ok". It wiped all my data out all my accounts information was lost. The appp does not backup automatically like I thought it did so the info is gone forever. Nice one there. Oh and it's most annoying character? It speaks the amount you enter as you enter it. Nothing else just the amount. Then if you leave it alone it proceeds to read aloud the entry you just made. There is no option to turn it off either. You have to mute the computer. Totally stinks for even the most basic functions, there is no synching to the IPhone or IPad….only on the Mac. I am shopping for a better app that works. Don't waste your money on this like I did.
More Reviews for Current Version
Nothing's Perfect ... - but this app comes close in its world. Once I got out of the Windows frame of mind and learned what all this app could do I've beeen extremely pleased. After five years with a Mac, I needed a replacement computer. I was reconsidering Windows 10 so I first tried importing the data from Checkbook and it worked. However, the Microsoft app I'd used before was just plain premitive! As the whole Windows PC felt. I decided on a new Mac instead mainly because this app was far superior to Microsoft's product and reminded me why I left Windows to begin with. If you're looking for a top shelf checkbook app, this is the one. And the few times I've contacted support they've been extremely helpful and quick to respond.
JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR! - I have used Quicken for years and years to balance my checking and credit card accounts. I never use the online features, just keep up my personal account. They kept changing it up and making it harder and harder for me to do this. CheckBook takes me back to my original purpose of personal accounting, for a fraction of the cost and zero percent of the frustration! It is excellent for personal accounting!