Developer: Splasm Software, Inc.
Current Version: 2.6.13
Last Updated: 10 days ago
Download Size: 29.6 MB - Download
More than a basic check register and reporting tool, CheckBook Pro features everything in CheckBook, our powerfully simple personal finance manager, and then some. Get a report for all of your accounts at once. Search for transactions with any combination of criteria. Group your transactions into folders. Change the details of a group of transactions in a single stroke. CheckBook Pro's simply powerful data management tools make it all just plain easy.
Precisely manage your finances
• Find transactions with simple searches or dozens of powerful search criteria
• Reconcile your accounts to the penny
• Schedule transactions that repeat periodically, like monthly bills and paychecks
• Track cash flow over time with customizable reports so you can see where your money came from and where it’s going
• Save complex searches as Smart Folders, so you can search again and again
• Group your transactions into Folders, to tidy up or begin a new year
• Quickly change the details for a group of transactions, instead of one at a time
• Report on all your accounts at the same time
• See pending scheduled transactions for all your accounts with a single reminder
• Save some ink strokes and let CheckBook Pro print your checks for you (pre-printed check paper only). Supports Quicken templates like Standard, Voucher, and Wallet.
Import from other personal finance apps or your bank
• Strong support for OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and Text
• Import from Quicken® Essentials for Mac
Share and sync your data
• Sync with other users on a local network
• Sync with iCloud
• Manage accounts in multiple currencies
• Transfer funds between accounts without creating two transactions (check out the built-in help or contact us for help)
Learn more about CheckBook Pro
• Download & print CheckBook Pro's built-in help: http://www.splasm.com/checkbookpro
• Watch video tutorials of CheckBook Pro: http://www.splasm.com/videos
• Share with other CheckBook Pro users in our forums: http://www.splasm.com/forum
Send questions about CheckBook Pro to [email protected] We're happy to help!
• Search options in All Accounts for Resolved, Tax-Deductible, and Reconciled work as before.
• Account Summaries can once again show or hide Resolved Entries, Tax-Deductible Entries, and Checks.
• When printing checks, expanded amounts will now default to no currency as in 2.6.11 and earlier. Get in touch at [email protected] if you need to print British Pounds and Pence and we’ll help you set that up.
Most Helpful Reviews
Finally found what I was looking for! - After years of struggling with Quicken for Mac, which more and more WASN”T for Mac, I finally found CheckbookPro. There was a very shallow learning curve, mainly just adjusting to the ‘different from Quicken’ layout, but after a few days of using it I find it intuitive and very responsive. I love the reconcile feature, which on Quicken I hadn’t used for years because it didn’t reconcile. I love the schedule feature, which helps me remember upcoming charges to my checking account. I especially love the customer service. I had a minor issue with changing from the Checkbook trial to the purchased CheckbookPro app. An email to support got a very quick response with easy to follow instructions which allowed me to resolve the issue. Highly recommend if you are looking for a basic checkbook function to replace Quicken or other non-Mac-native app. Very basic, and very easy to use.
disappointed… but great customer service - I wanted a simple app that would keep track of my bills and income. We have two checking accounts and pay bills from both accounts and a particular bill can be paid from one account this month and another account next month. There is no way to make these bills available to be paid from either account. Bills can only be entered under one account. I contacted the makers of checkbook pro under the support link and they were very quick to answer my question and even suggested I ask for a refund from Apple. Apple also responded quickly to my request and I was refunded.
More Reviews for Current Version
Decent replacement for Quicken, but... - I really really wanted to love this app. I have used Quicken for Mac for over 15 years, and I had hoped to switch to this app instead of having to switch to the subscription based program. I was happy that setup and importing my data was easy, even though it was from Quicken for Mac 2005. I like the simplicity of the app, and it's easy to use once you figure out your way around. I love the customization that is possible with this app ~ there are many columns that you can use, and you can turn off the ones that you don't want, and move them around to suit your preferences. BUT...while this app is a decent replacement for Quicken, it lacks what I feel are a couple basic functionalites that I frequently use, and unfortunately that's a dealbreaker for me. The features I wish this app had: 1) The ability of the app to remember categories in a split transaction for a specific payee. If you frequently split a transaction into two or more categories, you have to manually enter the categories each and every time. For transactions that are NOT a scheduled transaction, this gets tedious very quickly, especially when several different categories are used. 2) A split entry cannot have part of the split be credited to another account. When entering a loan payment, for example, and use the split funciton to show what part is principal and what part is interest, the principal amount cannot be automatically credited to the loan account. Either the whole transaction amount is credited, or none at all. If the whole amount is credited to the Loan Account, then another debit must be entered to deduct the amount of interest paid. I hope future versions of this app can include these funtionalites.
very disappointed - I have simple needs for basic checking, savings, and credit card. Coming from Quicken 2007 this software is less intuitive. I cannot get transfers between accounts to work consistently and entries often do not register. The help has been less than helpful - for example in the section "Transfer funds between Accounts" the steps do not follow what is actually shown in the software. I don't know if this is just buggy or poor UI design but I would not recommend this software. Update 2-18-20 After a few helpful exchanges with the Developer, I'm happy to say that my impressions are much improved of this App due to the Developer's patience and helpfulness.
Intuitive and Graceful - I love this app. Simple interface, intuitive, graceful. I just wish it would run on my iPhone so I have balances on the go. I would also like it if the iPhone version could show me available balances while the desktop version shows running balances.
So far so good - I just started using this app and so far it has been pretty good. I will see how I like it once I have to reconcile my accounts. Looking forward to learning as I go.
Excellent App - I've used several of the checkbooks apps and none of them have the ease and simplicity of this one. It is an excellent app for running a hime budget. My only criticism is that there is no app for iphone or ipad - i would find that extremely useful