ChatMate for WhatsApp
Developer: Bastian Roessler
Current Version: 4.3.1
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 13 MB - Download
ChatMate for WhatsApp is the successor of the famous App for WhatsApp and it is the best and most powerful App to use WhatsApp on your Mac.
The App is among the TOP selling Apps in more than 30 countries worldwide and has received overwhelming user feedback.
Only with ChatMate for WhatsApp you can send and receive voice messages, photos, videos, documents and Emojis.
It is the must have App for any WhatsApp user with a Mac!
These unique features can only be found in ChatMate for WhatsApp:
• Send and receive text messages, voice messages, photos, videos, documents and Emojis
• Record videos and photos directly in App and share them with your friends
• Save received images, videos and documents to your Mac
• "Dark Mode": With a beautiful layout dominated by dark colors ChatMate for WhatsApp will be easy on your eyes
• "Do not disturb Mode": disables all notifications with a single click
• "Privacy Mode": Automatically locks ChatMate for WhatsApp with a password or Touch ID after a user selected idle time
• "Stealth Mode": Prevents others from peaking into your conversations
• Choose from more than 20 different notification sounds
• Choose a custom chat window wallpaper image
• [New] Full Touch Bar integration
• [New] Share Extension: Share photos, videos, documents, text and webpages from directly from any source app (including Finder, Safari, Photos and more...)
• [New] Keep window always on top option.
• Polished Mac style user interface
• Integrates seamlessly into your Mac workflow
• Option to hide the dock icon (run the App seamlessly in the background)
• Open the App window with a customizable keyboard shortcut at any time
• Option to show a MenuBar icon (in the upper right corner of the display, where the clock is)
• Customization options for the notifications (show/hide sender and message preview)
• Option to automatically launch the App after logging in to your Mac
• Use drag and drop to send media (also from Apple Fotos App)
• Reply to incoming messages right from the message notification
• Show unread message count in Dock icon badge
• Show new unread message alert in MenuBar
• Play videos inside the App
• App window supports full screen and split screen mode
• Standalone Application. No need to have a Web Browser window open to write WhatsApp messages
• Optimized for minimum CPU and Memory footprint using latest Swift 4 technology
We have answered the most frequent questions in an FAQ, which you can reach at https://chatmate.io/faq
For further support, feature requests, bug reports or anything else, please eMail to [email protected]
We'll be happy to assist you!
ChatMate for WhatsApp requires a WhatsApp Web compatible smartphone.
(If you are unsure please open WhatsApp on your mobile device, navigate to settings and check for a "WhatsApp Web" option).
ChatMate for WhatsApp is a third party App. The developer of this software is NOT sponsored by or affiliated with WhatsApp Inc. in any way.
• Minor fixes to make Dark Mode even more beautiful
• Full compatibility with macOS 10.14 Mojave
Most Helpful Reviews
Could Not Live without it - I think this is an exceptionally good at because I’ve never had any problem whatsoever with communicating both with friends and clients outside the country, and I’m quite impressed with its encryption capability. I would absolutely recommend this as a must-have for anyone who deals with people on an international level or who does not want to text through conventional and un encrypted texting applications
Terrible - I purshaed the app based on the postivite reviews.. encounterd some problems with playing video messages so I reached out twice to their support team but with no acknowledgment or response.. Based on this unfortunate experience, I do not recommend them and the offical WhatsApp App can get you through smoothly.
More Reviews for Current Version
New to WhatsApp - I'm new to the WhatsApp world and have only used it on Apple products so I cannot really compare. But ChatMate seems great to me. So much better than standard texting. With this new world of Zoom meetings, I'm involved in some large meetings, 150 or more, and need to be texting certain key people behind the scenes. Texting wasn't making it to some in a timely manner. With ChatMate for Whatsapp on my iMac, there is virtually no delay. Everyone is getting messages within one or two seconds. And I can do it from my keyboard! Love it!
Apple vs apps - The app is great. works as expected, reliable, etc. What i am NOT happy with is that i got charged 2x by apple for putting the app on my desktop and my laptop... using the SAME apple ID! When i requested a refund for the one - apple rep gave me a hard time, which i find atrocious! I seem to recall SJ and TC always pruning us, theiir loyal customers - "seemlessly to all your devices" Perhaps you have more pull with apple as to why this happens...
Could be better support for videos not adequate - I have been using the original WhatsApp Web client for years and decided to try ChatMate based on the ability to record voice notes. However I have found that most of the videos do not play in ChatMate based on an unsupported format message. This needs to be improved as this is a paid version of the app. Also in dark mode when you click on a reference response and it takes you back to the original post the highligt in white makes it difficult to read the post as the original post is white text. The highlight colour should be changed in dark mode. If that changes I will change my rating.
The menu bar icon allows me to not have to check my phone for messages - This app has made me much more productive. No longer do I check my phone for WhatsApp messages, then get bogged down into all the other notificaions and keeping me pulled away from my computer. The do not disturb option is great also, since if I need to really be productive, I can just shut off the menu bar icon notification if a new message comes in.
Much better than the official app? - You would the the geniuses at Facebook would write an app that allows integration with Apple's media sharing. But you'd be wrong. That is why Chatmate is worth buying. Attaching photos and movies is easy from the share menu. One smart talented programmer beats the pants off hundreds of Zuckerberg's finest.