ChatMate for Facebook
Developer: Bastian Roessler
Current Version: 4.3.1
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 12.6 MB - Download
ChatMate for Facebook is the latest member of the ChatMate family and the best app for using Facebook Messenger on your Mac.
Only with ChatMate for Facebook you can send and receive voice messages, photos, videos, documents and Emojis.
It is the must have app for any Facebook Messenger user with a Mac!
These unique features can only be found in ChatMate for Facebook:
• Send and receive text messages, voice messages, photos, videos and Emojis
• Record videos and photos directly in app and share them with your friends
• Save received images, videos and documents to your Mac
• "Dark Mode": With a beautiful layout dominated by dark colors ChatMate for Facebook will be easy on your eyes
• "Do not disturb Mode": disables all notifications with a single click
• "Privacy Mode": Automatically locks ChatMate for Facebook with a password or Touch ID after a user selected idle time
• "Stealth Mode": Prevents others from peaking into your conversations
• Choose from more than 20 different notification sounds
• Choose a custom chat window wallpaper image
• Full Touch Bar integration
• Share Extension: Share photos, videos, documents, text and webpages from directly from any source app (including Finder, Safari, Photos and more...)
• Polished Mac style user interface
• Integrates seamlessly into your Mac workflow
• Option to hide the dock icon (run the App seamlessly in the background)
• Open the App window with a customizable keyboard shortcut at any time
• Option to show a MenuBar icon (in the upper right corner of the display, where the clock is)
• Customization options for the notifications (show/hide sender and message preview)
• Option to automatically launch the App after logging in to your Mac
• Use drag and drop to send media (also from Apple Fotos App)
• Reply to incoming messages right from the message notification
• Show unread message count in Dock icon badge
• Show new unread message alert in MenuBar
• Play videos inside the App
• App window supports full screen and split screen mode
• Standalone Application. No need to have a Web Browser window open to write Facebook messages
• Optimized for minimum CPU and Memory footprint using latest Swift 3 technology
We have answered the most frequent questions in an FAQ, which you can reach at https://chatmate.io/faq
For further support, feature requests, bug reports or anything else, please eMail to [email protected]
We'll be happy to assist you!
ChatMate for Facebook is a third party App. The developer of this software is NOT sponsored by or affiliated with Facebook Inc. in any way.
Version 4.3.1 of ChatMate for Facebook contains various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Further, we have added support for typing suggestions in Touch Bar.
Of course the app now fully supports macOS 10.14 Mojave.
Most Helpful Reviews
Really Works!! - I’ve been using it for several months now. Enough time to see the ugly side of almost any app. This one just keeps on working and working with now bug, freezes or crashes. I recommend this app to everyone who wants Facebook Messenger up and ready all the time with having to open Facebook and then open Messenger to reply to a friend or send a quick message. A good, stable app with some really nice features. Update: Over a year of use and it stays up on my second monitor. Works flawlessly. I totally endorse getting this if you use Messenger much.
Had to reinstall and it asked me for a key which I never received - I bought this along with the app for WhatsApp, but recently had to reinstall this app because it kept telling me there was an update. The only problem was, there was no update and when I reinstalled the app, the new one said I had 4 days to trial. I had already bought this and sent a copy of my purchase email from Apple to the developer who several days later wrote me back and said he didn’t understand my problem that I had bought it from the Apple App Store. I replied that it was asking me for a key I never received after purchase, for either app. To date, nothing more from the developer. True it was cheap as apps go, but I expected a better response and an effort from him to rectify the issue. I have now uninstalled the app as well as his WhatsApp app. Won’t be using this again!
More Reviews for Current Version
Wish it had video chat - I wanted to be able to use Messenger on my computer and not have to be on Facebook, and this accomplishes that. But I also wanted to be able to video chat with my daughters and grandkids through Messenger, and I can't do that on this app. Nevertheless, I'm glad I bought it, because I do like having the option of messaging someone (on Messenger) without opening Facebook on my computer. (It is a standalone app on my phone; why is that not an option on a computer, including video chat?) If it had the capability of video chatting, it would have 5 stars for sure.
Works good! - It's kinda upsetting there's no regular FB messenger to download from the app store or anything but considering this is great. it seems to work exactly like messenger itself. and thankfully not expensive. works easier than having to sit on FB itself all the time. the only request and suggestion I'd have is adding the ability to use the Touch Bar for emotes, if possible. but I'd say that about a lot of the apps I'd like to use too lol.
Free version (FreeChat for Facebook Messenger) is better - I thought that buying (yes its only $0.99) would lead to a better experience but it feels more buggy and clunkier than the FreeChat for Facebook Messenger app, which I was using prior to getting this one. It is basically the same layout and look and feel except I have been having trouble sending photos. The FreeChat version has no problem sending photos. Also the dark skin looks nice but whenever the other person is typing, the area around their ‘typing’ bubble is all white which looks as if they they just wrote a wrapper for the FreeChat version. If this was the only app out there I would give it 4/5 stars but since FreeChat also exists for FREE I would recommend that one.
Worth it - My only issue is that the menu could look cleaner (doesn't look as good with MacOS dark theme) and I think for a Facebook Messenger app that's already free on mobile device, 2.99 seems a bit pricey. I think 1.99 would be a more appropriate price, especially since it's a portal to a website you the app developer doesn't even own. It's like if I charged you extra money to get a soda out of a soda machine cause you used dollars instead of quarters. Oh well. Thanks for the app!
Okay, but a few irritating quirks... - Every so often, I will not be able to delete characters, and even more often, characters appear reversed. If I were typing, "I'm working from home today" it appears, "yadot emoh morf gnikrow m'I." The only way I've found to correct this is restarting the app... Also, I will occasionally get a message that the message composer is unavailable, which also requires a restart. Other than those problem, it's pretty good, but those happen often enough that I want to spend more money on another app. :(