Developer: Breathing Zone
Current Version: 4.9.1
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 12.7 MB - Download
Discover Mindfulness, one breath at a time.
● Time: "Calm yourself with Breathing Zone."
● Harvard Health: "When you find yourself under stress, Breathing Zone can help."
● Bloomberg: "The breathing trick that can make you more productive."
● New York Magazine: "Sometimes the fastest way to combat anxiety or an oncoming panic attack is just to remember to breathe. I like Breathing Zone for its simplicity."
● Self Magazine: "Just inhale. Then exhale. Download the Breathing Zone app for guided exercises."
● Huffington Post: "An effective guide to mindful breathing."
● LifeHacker: "Breathing Zone Guides you towards slower breathing to help reduce stress."
● Fox News: "Breathing Zone simply trains you to slow down your breathing. In the process you calm down and relieve stress."
● MacWorld: "If you slow your breathing, it can relax you; but it’s not easy to do this on your own, but Breathing Zone can help."
● Gigaom: "Go beyond the basics and analyze your breathing patterns via your iPhone’s microphone with this app."
● PoductivityBytes: "This app’s signature feature is the ability to analyze how you normally breathe in order to suggest the best routine for you."
● University of Sydney: "Breathing Zone provides guidance on slow breathing."
● Nursing Standard: "Breathing Zone offers simple guided breathing exercises, that are a useful introduction to the health benefits of slower, therapeutic breathing."
● One Medical: "Therapeutic breathing benefits your brain and mood, and can actually help decrease your heart rate and lower high blood pressure. Breathing Zone offers detailed instructions and a Breathing Analyzer to measure your breathing rate."
● AppAdvice: "Relax your mind and body in as little as 5 minutes with these doctor recommended breathing exercises."
● HealthTap: "103 Doctors recommend this app."
● Fixes breath timing for fullscreen mode.
Most Helpful Reviews
simple, inexpensive, pleasant, powerful - Although this app does nothing for you that you couldn't do by yourself with a decent stopwatch, it makes the experience of focusing on and altering the speed of your respiration simple and effective. The benefits of use are primarily psychological - reduced stress, better focus, increased calm and reserves of energy. A 5 minute or so exercise becomes a habitual source of health and energy tremendsously quickly, and it becomes clear within 2 or 3 uses how to use it most effectively, without more attention or dedication than it needs. This exercise is a pleasant experience first and foremost, and an effective remedy for the daily grind most of the time. While I know I could make do without it, I'm very grateful it's become one of the apps I use most frequently. It works, if not wonders, simply wonderfully well.