AmpKit - guitar amp & effects
Developer: Agile Partners
Current Version: 2.1.0
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 132.3 MB - Download
AmpKit transforms your Mac into a powerful guitar amp & effects studio!
Includes 22 faithfully-reproduced amps with 38 separate amp channels, 28 pedals, 28 cabinets and 8 mics. Effects include various overdrive, distortion, fuzz, compression and phaser pedals, plus clean boost, delay, reverb, acoustic simulation, wah, EQ, octaver, tremolo, vibrato, chorus, and flanger. Add up 30 pedals per setup for near-infinite tone possibilities. 137 presets to inspire you: from smooth cleans and earthy acoustics to bone-crushing high-gain metal.
"AmpKit: The Best App for Guitarists Comes to Mac"
"It's everything I liked about the iPhone and iPad versions, bigger and with all of the settings more easily accessible on one panel."
- Brett Terpstra, TUAW.com
• All AmpKit gear is accurately modeled after highly-sought-after, real-world guitar gear
• Thunderously accurate high gain amps & effects
• Enhanced high-fidelity simulation to deliver the ultimate in realistic tone on both clean & high-gain setups
• Intuitive and easy-to-use, with authentic visuals and full Retina display support on the new MacBook Pros
• Outstanding 64-bit performance on any Mac running OS X Lion and Mountain Lion, including MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, for ultra-portable operation
• Takes advantage of great OS X features such as Multi-Touch gestures, Full-Screen mode, sharing via email or AirDrop, and Quick Look
• Power users will love AmpKit's multiple UI panels and multi-display support
• Sophisticated recording capabilities with non-destructive re-amping
• World-class bass amplification with 3 feature-rich bass amps
• Jam along with any of AmpKit's 23 included backing tracks or add your own including iTunes music
• Built-in high-precision tuner and metronome
• Works with virtually any analog or digital guitar interface
• renamed some amps, cabs and pedals
Most Helpful Reviews
AmpKit does many things right and very few wrong... - I am not a professional guitarist, but I have been playing for more than 30 years and I have tried just about everything when it comes to gear. I have a full stack and all the normal fixings, but I was looking for something mobile that I can easily take with me or use in my office. This program is perfect for that. Hooked up to my MacBook Pro or my Mac Pro, I can easily sit down and jam without having to hook up next to my actual amplifier. The combinations are staggering when it comes to AmpKit. From the Heads, to the cabinets and microphones, there is no shortage of tones and sounds available. Add in the pedals available and you have just about any sound you could possibly want. The drum and music loops, though not many in quantity, are pretty good and easily create something for everyone. Recording your jam sessions is easy and fulfilling. Moving around the app is as easy as using Mac OSX. Everything does what you would expect it to and should be easy enough for any novice to figure out his first time out. For the more complex guitarist, the options available should keep you busy for many hours. You may even be a bit surprised how robust this app is. The sound produced is about as authentic as I could have hoped for. No matter what gear being used, it sounds good and keeps me playing for hours on end. The recordings sound just as good. The effects you can add to your sound are not only great sounding, but add a lot of "fun" to the app. Trying to find that very trippy or futuristic sound should make any player smile. All in all, AmpKit is a great app that is worth every penny I paid for it and will serve me for a long time as a Mac OSX user. PROS - A lot of amplifiers and cabinets that are interchangeable - Combinations are almost endless when it comes to the mics, pedals, amps, etc. - Offers many pedals that all of us guitar players can't do without - Easy navigation and simple user interface - Accessible to novice and veteran players - So many options for the cost CONS - Not much to complain about, maybe we need more gear?
AmpKit Will Not Respond - I bought AmpKit yesterday and and using it with an Apogee Jam interface and have it downloaded to my Macbook Pro with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and OS X 10.8.2. Everything was going smoothly and I set up some diferrent amp modeling configurations and saved them. Next I attempted to import a track from iTunes and AmpKit stopped responding. I tried to force quit, restarted the computer, removed AmpKit and reinstalled it…all to no avail. My biggest issue is that Agile Partners has a link on their site to Apple solutions. They do have an e-mail location where you can choose multiple choice responses, but they don't seem willing at all to take any proactive steps to assist consumers who have an issue. So as of now, I am out $50, and am back to Garage Band.
More Reviews for Current Version
Sounds great doesn’t work….freezes to bad - Sounds great then freezes, too bad