Developer: Geoff Hackworth
Current Version: 7.1
Last Updated: 5 days ago
Download Size: 13.4 MB - Download
Adaptivity is an app for developers and designers to visualize how iOS's Size Classes and margins for layout, readable content and the safe area look on real devices and how they change with respect to orientation, iPad Slide Over/Split View and Dynamic Type size changes. There are also views for visualizing Dynamic Type styles, System Colors, System Images and System Materials.
• “Adaptivity is not just highly recommended – it’s essential” — Paul Hudson, Hacking With Swift article “8 essential apps for iOS developers”, 30th March 2020.
• “It's a very, very good tool as a reference for both developers and designers” — Gui Rambo, Stacktrace podcast episode #77, 1st April 2020.
• “I'm not trying to spend your money, but to me this is a no-brainer” — Sean Allen YouTube video “Indie Dev Apps”, 12th April 2020.
• Visualize sizes for full view, layout margins, readable content guide and safe area layout guide.
• Sizes displayed in points or pixels.
• Regular or large navigation bar titles.
• Toggle status bar and navigation bar/toolbar/tab bar visibility.
• Activity View Controller support for sharing a snapshot image of each view.
• iPad Slide Over, Split Screen multitasking and multiple window support (see note).
• Dark appearance support (requires iOS/iPadOS 13 or later).
• Setting to force right-to-left layout.
• Handoff actions from Adaptivity (A), (B) or (C) on one device to Adaptivity (A) on another.
• External display support.
• Popover, Form/Page Sheet, Full Screen and Automatic modal presentations.
• Tab Bar Controller.
• Table View Controller.
• Classic style Split View Controller.
• Double and triple column style Split View Controllers (requires iOS/iPadOS 14 or later).
• Keyboard Dodging and Custom Keyboard.
• Dynamic Type styles for the current Content Size Category.
• Explore Pointer Interactions (requires iPadOS 13.4 or later and a trackpad or mouse).
• Explore System Colors.
• Explore System Images (requires iOS/iPadOS 13 or later). Choose between viewing iOS 13 or iOS 14 image sets (SF Symbols v1.1 or v2) when run on iOS/iPadOS 14 or later.
• Explore System Materials (requires iOS/iPadOS 13 or later).
• Siri shortcut with custom response UI (requires iOS 12 or later).
• Pre- and post-iOS 14 style Widgets.
• Notification Content Extension.
• Watch App (requires watchOS 4 or later).
• iMessage App.
Note: Adaptivity (A) supports multiple windows on iPadOS 13 or later. On earlier iOS versions, Adaptivity (B) must also be downloaded to run Adaptivity twice using Split View or Slide Over iPad multitasking.
Adaptivity (A) is a universal purchase and includes a Mac Catalyst version of the app. Buying one allows the other to be downloaded at no extra cost using the same Apple ID.
Adaptivity (C) has the same reduced features as Adaptivity (B) but only supports iPhone. Use it to visualize how an iPhone‑only app appears on iPad.
For more information see https://hacknicity.com/adaptivity
• Updated System Images categories to match the latest version of Apple's SF Symbols Mac app.
Changes in v7.0:
• Context Menu demonstrates a deferred action and on/off checkmark states in the submenu on iOS/iPadOS 14.
SPLIT VIEW CONTROLLER
• New views to explore double column and triple column styles on iOS/iPadOS 14.
• Configuration screen allows various properties to be changed.
TABLE VIEW CONTROLLER
• New choices for the image to show a small, medium or large SF Symbol which scales with the current Content Size Category.
• Now supports dragging and dropping multiple colors into compatible apps on iPad.
• Choose between viewing iOS 13 or iOS 14 image sets (SF Symbols v1.1 or v2) when run on iOS/iPadOS 14.
• Added new “Collections” section with categories to show symbols which are renamed (iOS 14 only), are restricted, or are available in right-to-left localisations.
• Info button shows menu with options to toggle displaying alignment information, availability information and showing images in multicolor on iOS/iPadOS 14.
• Uses new double column split view controller on iOS/iPadOS 14.
• Categories screen uses UICollectionLayoutListConfiguration with sidebar style in regular width on iOS/iPadOS 14 and a grouped table view in compact width or older iOS versions.
• Added iOS/iPadOS 14 widget in all three sizes.
• The previous style widget is still available.
• Use UIMenu instead of action sheet for choosing options on iOS/iPadOS 14.
If you find Adaptivity (A) useful, please rate or review it in the App Store, or recommend it other developers and designers. This makes a huge difference to me and the future of the app.
Thanks in advance,
More Reviews for Current Version
Worth paying for - This app saved me a boatload of design and development time, which is pretty amazing because I don’t own a boat.