Developer: Tien Thinh Vu
Current Version: 3.2
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 49 MB - Download
xDiagram application could help you make nice diagram graphic documents or UML documents quickly by keeping lines connected to shapes even when they're moved.
Functions of the application:
+ SUPPORT VISIO formats: VSDX, VSDM (Microsoft Visio Format)
+ IMPORT/EXPORT many other formats: svg, png, jpeg, tiff, pdf...
+ SMART LINE / CONNECTOR:
Smart Line if attached to a shape will automatically change position every time when the main shape is moved, resized.
+ BASIC SHAPE (new):
There are 92 shapes to add to your diagram. You could add/change text to display inside the shape.
Drawing UML activity diagram will be easier using these shapes.
+ PRE-DEFINED IMAGES (new):
There are 1056 predefined nice images shapes for you to add to your diagram.
Shape types are as following:
+ OVER 2000 BEAUTIFUL SYMBOLS:
More than that, there are over 2000 beautiful symbols for you to add to the diagram.
+ ADD IMAGE:
You could add any image file (support file type: gif, jpeg, png, bmp, pict, tiff) to display as an item inside the application.
Image file could be shown in following modes: Stretch / Fit inside bound / Fit outside bound.
The application also allows to DRAG/DROP many image files directly from Finder or pasted image from clipboard to current editing window to add them to the diagram.
+ GENERATE UML CLASS DIAGRAM from C++/JAVA SOURCE:
By dragging C++ header(*.h) or Java files, folders into the diagram window, the application will auto-generate UML class diagram for you. (Accurate rate: 90%)
+ ALIGN MULTIPLE ITEMS:
Select many items then do right-click mouse to select alignment options as following:
(also allow to auto-align with another objects)
- Center (Horizontal or Vertical)
- Horizontal center in View
- Vertical center in View
+ OPEN/SAVE to "*.UMD3" file:
UMD3 (*.umd3) is the new file type created only for this application.
Press “Cmd + S" to save current diagram to an UMD3 file so that you could load it later for editing.
+ EXPORT TO IMAGE FILE:
Press "Cmd + E" to export current diagram to an image file with format of VSDX, SVG, PDF, TIFF or PNG or JPEG.
+ SUPPORT PRINT:
Press "Cmd + P" to print current document.
+ CAPTURE TO CLIPBOARD:
Press "Cmd + 4" or click on Capture button to export current diagram image to clipboard, then you could paste that image to another application.
Example: Open [Preview] application, press "Cmd + N" to paste above captured image to view or to save to an image file.
Of course, you could paste that image to Excel, Word application too.
- Unlimited Undo/Redo (shortcut key: Cmd-Z / Shift-Cmd-Z)
- Copy / Paste (shortcut key: Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- Duplicate select items (shortcut key: Cmd-D)
- Group / Ungroup Items (shortcut key: Cmd-G / Shift-Cmd-G)
- Lock/Unlock items position (shortcut key: Cmd-L / Shift-Cmd-L)
- Rotate left, rotate right (shortcut key: Cmd-J / Cmd-K)
- Press Cmd+T to move, resize group of items temporary
- Short cut key CMD+B, CMD+I to change text to Bold or Italic
- User could drag right mouse on a current shape to create a new attached object with line
- Double click on the canvas to create a new text box item
- Allow to switch current select object to another shape type
- Allow to change selected items display order
- Scale size of select items
- Path boolean operations supported
- Flip select items
- Shadow supported
- Snap to Grid
- Auto Align with another object when resize or move
- Change display order
- Export to png, jpeg, tiff, pdf image file (shortcut key: Cmd-E)
- Print supported (shortcut key: Cmd-P)
- Customizable color / Font / Size / Line Type
- Support gradient fill to shapes
- Customize measure unit and scale (point, cm, mm, inch….)
- Allow to Export image in 300dpi
- Allow user to select items then save them to Favorites list to reuse later
- Fix bugs
- Improve UI
- Add support for VISIO formats: VSDX, VSDM (Microsoft Visio Format)
- Add support for SVG
Most Helpful Reviews
Happy with purchase - Once I got past the initial learning curve (which only took about 5 minutes to get the basics), I was able to create some sequence diagrams with no more effort than with any other (significantly more expensive) software, which includes Visio, Omnigraffle, etc. I'm sure there'll be areas where this will short for some, but for five dollars, it did exactly what I needed it to.
The Stupid App Keeps Crashing!! - You guys still haven’t fixed the bugs. I’m doing simple designs and it crashes every 30 minutes! Fix it PLEASE!!!!
More Reviews for Current Version
Love this app - This app is great. I really enjoy using it! Super easy to use, and extremely stable. I have had this program opened up for weeks now without crashing once. I save often just in case, but its nice to know that its stable. Note for Developer: Please add a highlighted ring around the current color selection in the swatches drop-down (text, fill color & border color). Its difficult to tell which shade is actually selected when you want to change the color slightly. It would be great for the border of the little swatch that is currently selected to be highlighted.
Very Functional - This is exactly what I wanted. Very quickly I was able to creat a diagram that showed the flowing relationships among several components. Easy and fun to use.
Easy to use yet powerful - I agree with the other reviewers of this version. I’ve tried many other drawing apps, including Adobe’s Graphic. This app is so easy to use. It is just more Mac-like than other drawing apps I’ve tried. As just one example, it provides dimensional information that lets me know exactly what sizes of objects I’m creating and where they are positioned, and makes it easy to set object sizes when I want to make adjustments.
Awesome. Easy to Use. Works great! - This is an amazing program that, amazingly enough, does what it claims to do: A simple and easy-to-understand program for creating documents/visual renditions using shapes/lines/arrows/etc. I use it to create examples of web page layouts for my art dept. when going over site design ideas with clients. love it. love it. love it!
A Great Flowcharting program - This app does just what it says it does. And as you use it you realize how well it is designed and implemented. You get value for money in the first day of use. I really appreciate this app and use it daily in complex phases of software design.