Developer: Nicolas Kick
Current Version: 3.2.1
Last Updated: 12 days ago
Download Size: 633.4 KB - Download
uFocus is a distraction-free writing application that allows you to open plain text files and keep them organized inside libraries. The main goal is to allow everyone to express their creativity in the most simple, beautiful way.
What is uFocus capable of?
• Unobtrusive interface: the title bar only appears when moving the mouse to the top of the window
• Swipe with two fingers to the right to show the sidebar. Here you can link your favorite libraries and quickly access your documents
• Text statistics such as character and word can be shown by clicking on the Info button in the title bar
• Markdown: easily add headings, quotes, ordered and unordered lists, italics and bold (keyboard shortcuts available). You can then export your documents to HTML
• Sentence highlighting: you can stay even more focused by fading out all the text but the current sentence
• Typewriter scrolling: automatically scrolls the text when you get on a new line
• NoWayBack mode: disable deletions and replacements if your greatest temptation is always to edit your text instead of writing
• Sound mode: experience the ultimate feeling of a typewriter
• Fullscreen: focus on your words and hide everything else that is on screen
• iCloud, autosaving and Versions are also supported
• Choose between three different editor widths, four font sizes and a light and a dark theme
• Print either a single file or a whole directory
If you have any request or improvement you would like to see in the next version of uFocus, feel free to contact me on the uFocus website:
NOTE: only latin character sets are guaranteed to work at the moment.
• The discrete GPU is not activated anymore on modern Macs
• You can now search for files inside the current library from the search field in the sidebar
Most Helpful Reviews
Great for Focusing on the Writing Task - Being an English major in college, I am inherently obsessed with proper grammar and spelling as write, forgetting that good writing is re-writing. This helps you get that rough draft generated. Pro: - This app single focus to let me write just as if it were a typewriter - Even with the sound effects is great for giving you the feedback and motivation to continue typing. - Black themed white letter background that makes it easy on my eyes after a long day at work so I can get to your own personal creative writing projects. - Simple interface to select font size keeps you focused on the writing task. Suggested Improvement: - Add No Editor option, so I am not distracted by misspellings underlining. Even the option of XS Editor gets in the way. - Add Disable Auto Correct option. - Add simpler adjustment to margins based screen size. I used wide screen LCD HDTV. - Add autosave function so not distracted by saving work. - Add timer so if you need to manage time.