Developer: AGLogic, LLC.
Current Version: 4.1.3
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 1.2 MB - Download
• As seen on the TODAY Show (NBC)
• The #1 weather app for the Mac in 67 countries, with millions of users worldwide and over 2,500 5-star ratings.
The Visual Weather Report
Swackett® is a whole new way to look at the weather. We convert complex weather data to easily-understood, visual weather reports designed for people of every age. Our unique approach is to combine raw weather data (current conditions, radar, and detailed forecasts) with thoughtfully crafted people symbols (called “peeps”) who always appear appropriately dressed for the weather.
If it happens to be cold outside, Swackett peeps appear dressed in winter hats, coats and boots. A hot, sunny day? swackett® peeps appear wearing shorts and sunglasses — and they even remember to bring along drinking water and sunblock. Rain? swackett® peeps appear with rain jackets and an umbrella.
This is a fun, fresh and truly useful weather report experience for people of any age.
Forecasts and Imagery
• Current weather details
• Visual forecasts for today, tonight and tomorrow
• Hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours
• Daily forecasts for the next 5 days
• Local, regional, state and national full-motion radar images (where available) with rain, ice and snow color mapping
• Smart watches and warnings with push notification to iOS devices (available currently only in the US but coming soon to other countries)
Comprehensive Weather Details
• Temperature and “real feel” temperature
• Dew point
• Wind speed and directions
• Sunrise and sunset
• Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
• Percent probability of precipitation
• Swackett Editions to keep forecasts fresh and fun
• Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web).
• The ability to share forecasts via Facebook, Twitter and email
• Built in PeepCast Radio
Swackett is the simplest, most easy to understand, most accurate weather forecast available. swackett’s Visual Weather Report is enjoyed by design-savvy professionals of every discipline, educators, students, the very young (and very old) and just about everyone in between.
Swackett is available for free (supported via Smart Ads).
• Additional high-resolution user-interface elements
Most Helpful Reviews
Great Twist on Weather - This app makes checking the weather fun. I could just hop on my favorite browser and go to my usual weather site, but this app is a much more refreshing way to check my local weather. I would HIGHLY recommend this app to ANYONE! It's also great if you are one of those people who are not sure if you should bring a jacket to go out or not.
Weather data is incorrect! - Downloaded the app, installed, and noticed that the temps seemed to be a bit off compared to what I knew was currently correct. Checked The Weather Channel, Accuweather, and local news sites to find that the current temperature, forecast highs and lows listed by Swackett were all 5 to 10 degrees off. If you're not smart enough to know whether to wear a parka or swimsuit, this app might be for you, but if you want accurate weather data I'd look elsewhere.