swackett X — weather, fashion and fun
Developer: AGLogic, LLC.
Current Version: 1.7.1
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 1.3 MB - Download
**33% DISCOUNT for a LIMITED TIME! Buy now and save $1 off of this essential weather app!
swackett X includes all of the capabilities of swackett® (the #1 weather app for the Mac in 67 countries, with more than 1 million users worldwide and over 2,500 5-star ratings) plus some very special Xtras (listed below).
**swackett X named a “Best of Mac App Store 2011” app!
**As seen on the TODAY Show (NBC)
The Visual Weather Report
swackett® is a whole new way to look at the weather. We convert complex weather data to easily-understood, visual weather reports designed for people of every age. Our unique approach is to combine raw weather data (current conditions, radar, and detailed forecasts) with thoughtfully crafted people symbols (called “peeps”) who always appear appropriately dressed for the weather.
If it happens to be cold outside, swackett® peeps appear dressed in winter hats, coats and boots. A hot, sunny day? swackett® peeps appear wearing shorts and sunglasses — and they even remember to bring along drinking water and sunblock. Rain? swackett® peeps appear with rain jackets and an umbrella.
This is a fun, fresh and truly useful weather report experience for people of any age.
Forecasts and Imagery
• Current weather details
• Visual forecasts for today, tonight and tomorrow
• Hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours
• Daily forecasts for the next 5 days
• Local, regional, state and national full-motion radar images (where available) with rain, ice and snow color mapping
• Smart watches and warnings with push notification to iOS devices (available currently only in the US but coming soon to other countries)
Comprehensive Weather Details
• Temperature and “real feel” temperature
• Dew point
• Wind speed and directions
• Sunrise and sunset
• Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
• Percent probability of precipitation
• swackett Editions to keep forecasts fresh and fun
• Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web).
• The ability to share forecasts via Facebook, Twitter and email
• Built in PeepCast Radio
swackett® is the simplest, most easy to understand, most accurate weather forecast available. swackett’s Visual Weather Report is enjoyed by design-savvy professionals of every discipline, educators, students, the very young (and very old) and just about everyone in between.
Don't need all the Xtras? Please see swackett®, available for free (supported via Smart Ads).
swackett X includes all of the capabilities of swackett®, plus some very special Xtras:
• Completely Ad-Free.
• Select Animated Peeps (rain, snow, and wind plus lots of extra surprises).
• Select Interactive Peeps (clickable peeps with extra content).
• This Day in Weather History: Interesting weather-related historical facts and images.
• Flickr Integration: The most interesting or most recent photographs near your locations can now appear with your weather reports.
• Current Conditions Windows: Shows current weather conditions for all of your locations at a glance (summary and detail views).
• The swackett Weather Menu: Shows the current temperature in the menu bar with easy access to highs and lows for the next 7 days.
• Longer Radar Animations: 3-hour radar loops (where available).
• Watches and Warnings Count: Now available in the Dock.
An in-depth feature comparison is available at www.swackett.com/the411
OS X Lion Support
swackett X version 1.3 and greater contains full support for core Mac OS X Mountain Lion technologies, including:
• Multi-Touch Gestures: You can now swipe peeps, timelines, radars and extras.
• Full-Screen Mode: For the first time ever you can now view all swackett information on a single screen (provided your screen is big enough).
• In-App Purchasing: You can now buy swackett Editions with a single click.
• Performance enhancements
• New Sun / UV Index
• New Dog Walking Index
• Improved support for interactive peeps
Most Helpful Reviews
New Update Makes All the Difference!!! - I loved Swackett X when I bought the previous version. However, this new version is just brilliant! I can definitely say that this is worth the $3 just for being able to run Swackett X without the window! This allows the temperature of your city to be displayed in the menu bar up at the top at all times, which is incredibly convenient. Keep up the good work guys!
Swackett Servers Stopped Working - Nice, fun little app, until last week when Swackett turned off their servers - the app only occasionaly connects at this time. You might want to wait until they either get things working, or go out of business...
More Reviews for Current Version
Love this app - Works and looks great! I use it everyday. It’s one of my favorite apps.
Good, but Retina? - The app works great functionally for me, but the graphics look sad on my retina mac screen. Maybe implement retina support?
Solid app but... - I emailed the developed twice about the teeny tiny 8 point text used for the storm warnings. Minutes after I emailed a product manager emailed back saying, wow, that really is small. That's no big deal we can change it right away, Nothing happened. So I replied to his reply months later, asking what happened with this change. No response. My conclusion: Swackett X app features a solid functionality and an unresponsive developer.
Ok, but not support - The application it’s self is ok. I had an issue that needs a response from the developer. I support request was sent, and I never received a response. Although I like the app, I cannot recommend any application that does not back up their application with competent support.
Grossly Inaccurate - The first line of the app, set off in black with white text so you can’t miss it, is a bar giving global and national extremes. It has listed the same locations and temperatures every day for the last six months I have had the app. And the temperatures are way off. I’m not far from Somerton, Arizona where Swackett tells me every day that the highest temperature in the nation occurred today, 87 degrees F. I know their high yesterday was their normal winter high of about 68 degrees F (today is February 4th), warm but certainly not 87 degrees F. It makes me doubt the accuracy of everything else in the app. I keep my apps updated to the most recent App Store version, currently using Swackett 1.7.1. I have emailed support about this twice in the last few months and have been ignored.