Current Version: 8.1.2
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 114.1 MB - Download
n-Track Studio is an digital audio workstation that turns your Mac into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks. The program supports simultaneous recording from multiple 16 and 24 bit soundcards, and real-time audio effects can be applied non-destructively to each track. Built-in effects include Multiband Compression, Delay, Graphic EQ, Pitch Shift and time stretch, Parametric EQ, 3D spectrum analyzer with guitar tuner, Sonogram and much more.
The program can use third party AU and VST plug-ins to process in real-time audio signals. Effect can also be used to process the recorded signal in real-time so that the computer can act as a multi-effects device.
MIDI tracks can be imported end exported to regular MIDI files, and edited using the built in piano-roll based MIDI editing window. The program supports AUi and VSTi instruments plug-ins for sample accurate software MIDI playback. It also supports ReWire technology to stream audio from other compatible audio programs.
How it works
• Record a base track (i.e. rhythm guitar) with your Mac built-in mic or with an external mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rhythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ, compression, reverb etc.
• Save the song to a single .m4a or .mp3 file that you can share via the internet, send by email or use to create and audio CD
• Supports AU and VST plugins and instruments
• Compression, Delay, Graphic EQ, Pitch Shift, Reverb, Tremolo, Phaser and time stretch effects, Parametric EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
• Record and playback from multichannel audio devices
• The max number of tracks depends on the computer speed, with a typical Macbook you can use 20 or more tracks
• The built-in step sequencer to easily compose grooves and rhythm tracks
• Supports surround mixing (5.1, 7.1+ surround formats) with the surround Panner module
• n-Track is currently the only only cross-platform multitrack recording software available for the Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• The PD module can load synths and effects patches built using the PureData visual audio programming tool
• The integrated Songtree panel lets you make music with others online. Get another musician into your project, or contribute to a song started by others.
• Languages included: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
Compatibility with plug-ins, 64/32 bit
• The program comes in both 32 and 64 bit format (universal binary). If you want to start the program in 32 bit mode go to Applications, select the n-Track icon, press Command+i, then check the 'Open in 32 bit mode' option
• The 64 bit version can load 32 bit native plugins via the built-in nBridge module
• Due to App Store security restrictions n-Track can only load audio files located in your Music folder or in the n-Track data folder. n-Track will copy files imported from outside locations to its data folder
Differences between n-Track and n-Track LE
- n-Track adds to n-Track LE the following features:
• 64 bit audio engine/mixing option (LE version is limited to 32 bit audio engine/mixing)
• Export song in AAF format which can be loaded by most 3rd party DAW apps
• MTC/MIDI clock sync
• support for MIDI hardware control surfaces/faders
• support for surround sound (i.e. 5.1, 7.1 etc.)
• sample level editing: edit the level of a single sound sample (when zoomed closed in on a section of an audio file)
- Added Quick Guide window: discover how to setup your project or how to perform common tasks [New feature]
- Added controls Quick Tips: move the mouse over a control to get info about its function [New feature]
- "Flex time": stretch the audio or MIDI parts preserving the pitch by dragging the right side widget [New feature]
- Fixed compatibility issues with Apple synth and the Apple Sampler [Bug fix]
- Fixed sporadic crashes on docking floating windows [Bug fix]
- Various UI improvements [Improvement]
- Fixed a number of minor bugs and crashes [Bug fix]
Most Helpful Reviews
rating....... - i use this to record songs and music and its the best
Freezes and closes! - As of yet, I haven't been able to use this program. I bought it because it promises to work with plugins, yet when I start a plug-in scan it freezes and shuts down everytime!