n-Track Studio is an audio & MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your Mac into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks. The program supports simultaneous recording from multiple 16 and 24 bit soundcards, and real-time audio effects can be applied non-destructively to each track. Built-in effects include Multiband Compression, Delay, Graphic EQ, Pitch Shift and time stretch, Parametric EQ and spectrum analyzer with guitar tuner.
The program can use third party AU and VST plug-ins to process in real-time audio signals. Effect can also be used to process the recorded signal in real-time so that the computer can act as a multi-effects device.
MIDI tracks can be imported end exported to regular MIDI files, and edited using the built in piano-roll based MIDI editing window. The program supports AUi and VSTi instruments plug-ins for sample accurate software MIDI playback. It also supports ReWire technology to stream audio from other compatible audio programs.
How it works
• Record a base track (i.e. rythm guitar) with your Mac built-in mic or with an external mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ, compression, reverb etc.
• Save the song to a single .m4a or .mp3 file that you can share via internet, send by email or use it to create and audio CD (exporting to Mp3 requires Lame encoder)
• Supports AU and VST plugins and instruments
• Compression, Delay, Graphic EQ, Pitch Shift and time stretch effects, Parametric EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
• Record and playback from multichannel audio devices
• The max number of tracks depends on the computer speed, with a typical Macbook you can use 20 or more tracks
• n-Track is currently the only only cross-platform multitrack recording software available for the Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• Languages included: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
Limitations of the Lite version
• Supports up to 4 audio tracks with up to two effects per track (unlimited in the full version)
• Supports up to 8 MIDI tracks (unlimited in the full version)
• Supports up to 1 virtual instrument per song (unlimited in the full version)
• 16 bit recording quality (24 and 32 bits available in full version)
Compatibility with plug-ins, 64/32 bit
• The program comes in both 32 and 64 bit format (universal binary). If you want to start the program in 32 bit mode go to Applications, select the n-Track icon, press Command+i, then check the 'Open in 32 bit mode' option
• The 64 bit version can load 32 bit native plugins via the built-in nBridge module
- Added instrument browser for quickly browsing and adding virtual instruments: click a MIDI channel output to open the window and browse instruments [New feature]
- Added Add-on Manager window to install extra sound content like drum kits and virtual instruments [New feature]
- Redesigned launch menu with easy access to recent projects [Improvement]
- Added Share window: click on the "Share" button on the main toolbar for quickly export or upload your song and optionally share it with the Songtree Community [New feature]
- Added "Loop" part widget: trim or indent the recorded part, snap it to the grid and the drag it from the "Loop" widget to create a perfectly timed beat [New feature]
- Added bypass for global speed and transpose processing: click on the button in the transport bar to enable/disable the effects and to show/hide the controls [Improvement]
- Reduced application installer size [Improvement]
- Fixed mixdown window not closing during live mixdown [Bug fix]
- Fixed remixing songs from Songtree Community with names containing special characters [Bug fix]
- Various UI improvements [Improvement]
- Fixed a number of minor bugs and crashes [Bug fix]
Most Helpful Reviews
Nice App! - This is a very nice little app. I use the app with Ableton Intro and I have no complaints. Keep up the good work guys!
Not a Great Program - this is only a trial. you have ot purchase the full software to enjoy it. Should had told people it is a trial program prior to downloading. it is not free progam