Developer: Dirk Stichling
Current Version: 1.2.2
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 12.3 MB - Download
myOSM is an online and offline viewer for various map types such as OpenStreetMap, Cloudmade and OpenCycleMap. myOSM can also show your current location on the map.
There are some major advantages over the corresponding webpages:
* The maps can be accessed if not being connected to the internet.
* The various map types can be accessed within the same GUI.
* Bookmarks for easy access of often used locations
* Nearly fullscreen view of the maps.
* Maps can be saved for future usage.
* You can see your current location on the map.
The maps are stored locally on the harddrive and can also be used when being offline. You can download the maps at different zoom levels for the selected map region. Using this feature you can download a map e.g. before going on a trip.
myOSM provides a bookmark feature for easy access to often used locations. You can also search for locations and the map can be saved to a file or sent to a printer.
Currently, myOSM supports the following map types:
* OpenStreetMap - Mapnik (Retina optimized)
* OpenStreetMap - Cloudmade
* OpenStreetMap - MapQuest
* NASA BlueMarble
Bugfix for OS X 10.6 and 10.7
Most Helpful Reviews
Works well for offline maps - This is a pretty good app for offline display of OSM data.
Waiting - Yes thats what you do!! You wait for maps to load, the program is very slow and won't even find you via GPS - Don't waist your money