myNotes is a well designed, very intuitive note manager. Its ease of use is praised by thousands of users worldwide, which is combined with powerful features. Create and manage notes, lists, and clippings, store your ideas and thoughts, or write a diary with myNotes.
"This software is great. It really makes note-taking a joy." – MacUpdate
"A breathtakingly beautiful, simple program that has the look and feel of a Mac program without any extra hassle. Not only is it easy to use, but it is also extremely stable and powerful. The world needs more programs like this." – MacUpdate
"This is the notes application of my dreams! and it is's gorgeous :)" - A happy user
● Be organized: Sections, collections, and smart collections enable you to easily manage your notes.
● The smart status bar shows a note’s creation date, modification date, real-time word and characters count, and a URL destination.
● Use the Calendar to filter your notes by creation date. You can also sort your notes by name, creation, or modification date, or arrange them in custom order. Sorting is independent for each collection.
● Use the innovative Contacts integration in order to quickly see a contact’s info by simply right-clicking their first or last name. You can even send e-mail, start a chat session, or access your contacts' websites all with just one click.
● Customize your workspace by rearranging columns, adding a custom background picture, or changing the background and text color.
● See, compare, and edit notes in their own windows.
● Export notes to a number of formats, including rich text, plain text, HTML, OpenDocument Text, or Word format.
● Be effective: when you create a new note, start typing right away. myNotes will autoname your note based on the first line of text. Of course, you can also name notes manually if you would like.
● Color label important notes.
● And much more…
You can use myNotes:
● To capture your genius ideas
● To store your smart thoughts
● To keep your personal diary
● To take class notes (or any other notes too).
For any kind of note taking, myNotes is your best friend.
"Excellent application: simple, minimalistic, unobtrusive. Many years now since I've found such a practical application for my Mac." – Tomás
* Please note: this version doesn't sync with myNotes for iPhone as yet, but work on this feature is currently in progress.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2:
- Color labels
- Smart collections
- Calendar view to filter your notes by creation date
- Columns can be rearranged now
- New sorting options
- Data file can be moved to another location on your HD
- Numerous improvements and bug fixes
- OS X 10.9 compatibility
Thanks to André and all who patiently supported us.
Sorry to those who waited for update for so long.
Hopefully everything is fixed now. If something is not, then please email us at [email protected]
Most Helpful Reviews
perfect and simple - this is the notes application of my dreams! and it is's gorgeous :)
Program Crashes, NO Support - I used this program to make notes whie writting a book. I can't even access the notes with out the thing crashing on me. It crashes everytime I open it. I have tried emailing the group to no avail. I would NOT recommend this program, NO support and it crashes all the time.
More Reviews for Current Version
Still the best—no, the only—app for academic note-taking. - I use MyNotes for my academic research, not for short notes (making shopping lists or memos), or for a diary with photos, or for fancy annotated graphics, or for web-clippings, or indeed any of the other exciting things other note-taking apps allow you to do. I am not a scientist, and, basically, all I want is to be able to collect texts and make notes on them and from books and articles I read. That’s it. I don’t even need handwriting recognition. I find it just as easy to copy notes and paste them into my word-processing app as to export them or mail them to myself or put them in the cloud or whatever. What I do need are: grouping of notes; multiple fonts (I need to use a non-English font, for perhaps half of the notes I have); basic formatting (including easy changes between fonts); and a good search facility. This is far too dull for the average software developer, who needs to attract young persons with an appetite for whizz-bang apps that can do everything but make coffee and take out the garbage. So, amazingly, MyNotes turned out to be the only one that worked well for me, and I loved the original version. I wanted to have its children. Finally, though, I had to upgrade, when my OS required it, like a kidnapper demanding a ransom for the return of half of my academic research. Changing over was, I have to say, a royal pain. It had to be done folder by folder, and I have over 300 of them (almost a gigabyte of data, unzipped); moreover, the corresponding folder in 2.0 lost the order of the individual notes in 1.0 (why?), which then had to be re-ordered. In fact, the first time I tried to upgrade, a few years ago, I abandoned 2.0 almost immediately (the spellcheck bug meant you couldn't turn it off globally, only one note at a time; I couldn't scroll down to the bottom of the list of collections and notes, and when I tried to make the application window bigger, it would crash—every time; etc.). These have now gone, and out of the plethora of note-taking apps out there compared with when I started using MyNotes, it is still the best for my purposes. OK, there are still bugs. Occasionally, formatting gets lost for no reason I can fathom. More important are these: First, whenever I try to do a global search, it crashes, which means one of my original reasons for loving MyNotes has gone. Second, where the *&$# is the iPad version? Come on, guys!