Developer: Aaron Hunt
Current Version: 1.6.50
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 35.4 MB - Download
microsynth is a polyphonic multi-timbral microtonal SoundFont synthesizer, supporting seven types of tuning files, on-the-fly retuning, audio file recording, standard MIDI hardware controllers, and sequencing and notation software such as Sibelius and Finale, giving you total control of tuning in your music. Check out the full documentation PDF using the Web Site link.
- polyphonic multi-timbral microtonal synthesizer
- 16 tracks
- unlimited tunings, any key to any pitch
- individual tuning per track
- supports MTS real-time Sysex messages
- supports .scl .tun .hz .csv .mtx .gly and .tonex tuning files
- supports single channel tuning tables of 128 tones
- supports OMNI-channel tuning tables of 2048 tones
- allows real time transposition and remapping of scales
- unlimited user-defined MIDI CC switches and tuners
- comes with GM/GS Soundset
- built in reverb
- loads .sf2 soundfonts
- unlimited MIDI connections
- one virtual MIDI input and output
- records wav audio files
- loads and saves scenes
- stand-alone application
- compatible with Sibelius, Finale, etc.
- multiple Undo
- responsive support
IMPORTANT NOTE: microsynth may conflict with Apple Logic on some systems. The reason for this is unknown.
restored Snow Leopard compatibility
fixed crash for audio filenames having non-Latin characters
Most Helpful Reviews
The Missing link for Midi synths, Max/MSP and Microtuning - Microsynth bridges so many gaps in the Midi Music world that it's hard to know where to start; I have built all sorts of sound producing programs in Max/MSP only to find that I can't play them on a Macintosh because you can't work directly between Max/MSP and the AudioUnits synth on the Mac (at least not with midi). Microsynth provides that interface and much more. You can retune the synth via Sysex Messages (MTS) so that you and all your weird "alternate tuning" friends can play together in outlandish scales. And you can select different voices and tunings for up to 16 tracks, and control their panning and mix the volume. All in this one little app. It's awesome. Then there's more; you can record wav files on the fly, you can transpose the tunings, you can filter what kind of messages will be accepted. I love this app. I LOVE it. And then there's even more that I don't yet understand; looks like you can set up "control messages" from your midi controller to change tuning parameters. There's a lot of well written documentation, and H-Pi is super responsive, so I look forward to exploring more with this,.. but so far I can only say "Thank You, Thank you, Thank you"