inShort: Project & Workflow
Developer: Jury Shortki
Current Version: 1.5.2
Last Updated: 9 days ago
Download Size: 8.3 MB - Download
Get the free version of inShort for iOS! Click "inShort Support" to learn more about the offer.
This program allows you to build diagrams of processes and monitor their execution. As a rule, tasks do not exist on their own, they are usually interrelated, and the best way to show this is to build a diagram of processes.
Almost every task in the program can be drilled down to a separate diagram, until the project is broken down into elementary operations. Having constructed a detailed scheme, you can simulate the future execution of the project, what will become the basis for the planned schedule, which can be compared with the current execution of tasks without leaving the program. You can also place some tasks in the Calendar and set reminders on them.
More formally, the program allows you to build a customized, based on the BPMN notation, PERT diagram of the project (with events and processes at nodes). Then this description of the project is used to generate a Gantt chart and track the progress of the project.
So, inShort is a powerful tool to work with projects and business processes, which can be applied not only in office but also for personal purposes. You can further explore the capabilities of the program with the detailed interactive User Guide.
Here are a few cases in which this program can help you:
You have a difficult task, you do not know where to start and how to approach it.
Try to approach it with this program and you'll find out where to start and where to move.
Or conversely, you have a lot of problems: you are literally surrounded with task managers and planners, but at the same time feel that you make no headway, like a squirrel in a cage.
Draw your goals in this program, and you'll find out, which of your tasks work for your goals and which — against them.
You suspect that business processes in your organization are not optimal and you are doing a lot of unnecessary work?
Build a scheme of processes in this program, and you'll see what's what.
Need to plan a complex project?
Draw a sketch, and you won't have to constantly make the project plan over in a project manager.
You need to organize the learning process by a mass of sources in a certain order?
Build a curriculum inShort, and you won't get lost in the new material.
• Building the diagram of processes and resources (PERT network diagram of the project, based on BPMN notation).
• Drill down the diagram elements.
• Tracking the execution of processes.
• Advanced mode of pre-planning.
• Integration with the standard Calendar.
• Displaying the list of tasks in the form of a Gantt chart.
• Separation of physical and information flows.
• Export of diagrams into PDF files and OPML outlines.
• Ability to specify the expected time of execution, both directly and parametrically.
• Working calendars taking into account various schedules of work for implementation of tasks.
• Work resources and their assignment to tasks.
• Material resources, counting the usage of resources by the diagram.
• Localization of work and resources in places.
• Queues of tasks: organize the work with active tasks in accordance with the elements of the GTD methodology.
• Control lists for diagrams — monitor the sequence of actions with the diagram step by step.
Advanced features of project management in accordance with the Theory of Constraints technique:
• finding the critical path;
• positioning of time buffers of the project;
• calculation of buffer sizes;
• calculation of late starts for feeding paths of the project;
• tracking of time indicators during project execution.
Cannot solve a problem? Draw it inShort and sort things out with it there. It's like voodoo but it works.
• View the order of the diagram objects in the form of a curve running round — just touch the number above the object.
• Edit the order directly on the diagram.
• Use the automatic numbering feature.
Now WBS numbers are created on their own!
• Fixed inaccuracies in the WFL format of data exchange with the workflow.link service.
• Made some elaboration and interface improvements.
Based on the inShort application, the online service workflow.link is launched!
The service provides a convenient and efficient way to share plans and business processes. A common workplace and real-time collaboration ensure consistency of efforts and synchronization of terms. Try today and you will be ready for any projects.
Learn more at http://www.workflow.link
We are grateful to all the active users whose comments and suggestions have been useful in improving inShort.
Most Helpful Reviews
PERT Charts as a Project Design Tool - I was introudced to the PERT technique as a visual planning tool for projects when I was introduced to it by “MacProject.” I went on to use MS Project, and while that did not implement the visual approach as smoothly as MacProject, It served as my main tool for developing new projects until I switched to OS/X in 2004. I have been seraching for a similar tool (Merlin and ‘Project X’ served in the absense of anything better) but PERT functionality was hard to find, and GANTT was more a tracking tool for me than a planning one. While ‘inShort’ is not initially as intuitive as my old MacProject, it is better suited for taking my project designs and incorporating them into presentations that I can share. It is also much more affordable for my needs than Merlin or OmniPlan (I’ll spare the reader a longer list of apps I have looked at). For my uses, inShort is ideal in that it provides all I need for planning medium to complex projects, makes it easy to share them, and provides for tracking project execution as well. I have a lot more to learn, but it is a bargain for my needs and I exect it to recover the productivity I lost when I no longer had access to MS Project on my Mac.
Don’t buy yet! - I have purchased both the macOS and iOS versions. Summary: this version is still very bad!!! - Syncing: absolutely useless disaster. iCloud syncing has been experimental for years, that author may be doesn’t work on this anymore and barely makes updates. iCloud sync is an important feature, but it’s the most overlooked by the author. If you are like me, having both versions, the experience is really bad, like disaster, period. - Stability: crashes randomly while you’re deep in the zone. - Documentation: nightmare, it’s like a Google Translate from Russian to English. Don’t buy it, it is not readable, and without a good user guide, this software is hard to use and you’ll never be able to use it fully… waste of money! - Usability: very very limited. Not file-based documents (it’s own proprietary organization). Does not sync to iOS. Bottom line: it could have been a nice program, IF it worked correctly and the iCloud syncing was working properly. Don’t buy it at this time. Wait for us to write new reviews of the newer versions. TO THE AUTHOR: We want iCloud sync to be fully supported. If you can’t, just make it possible to use plain files instead.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great App for PM - Easy to work and manage app for PM.