Developer: South Pole Software
Current Version: 3.794
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 33.5 MB - Download
iVI is the best way to get your video into iTunes or iMovie and is the highest rated video converter in the App Store with 1700 five star ratings (US) since its introduction.
iVI will automatically identify TV Shows and Movies and add poster artwork, film plot or episode details, cast lists and more. iVI will format the video for all Apple platforms automatically including Mac, AppleTV, iPad, iPhone and iPod. iVI supports HD video (including 1080p and 720p), surround sound, multiple audio tracks (for various languages) and subtitles too.
Supported video formats include h.265, AVI, MKV, MTS, M2TS, FLV, AVCHD, MOD, TOD, MTS, M2TS, 3GP, MP4, MPG and most other popular formats.
Features include -
• Movie and TV Show information is automatically and added to your shows before they are placed in iTunes
• iVI will convert multiple audio channels from the file including various languages and surround sound and these are accessible from Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• iVI supports SRT, VobSub, PGS, SSA/ASS subtitles from the source file or external files and these are accessible from iTunes, Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• iVI can scan your folders at regular intervals and automatically convert files it finds and insert the video into iTunes
• iVI allows you to update your existing video files with information (meta-data) such as show descriptions, cast lists, poster art all for display in iTunes or from the desktop without the need to reconvert
• iVI provides a selection of poster art to choose from...
• PLEASE NOTE : iVI will not convert files protected with DRM or import DVDs. Please ensure you own the files you convert with iVI
• Bug fixes for TVDB lookup
Most Helpful Reviews
Awesome tool if you take into account this information - First off, thank you to the company that wrote this software. Here are a couple of tips: 1. Choose the number of threads that the software is allowed to use so it doesn’t max out your cpu all the time and cause your computer to overheat. You can adjust the number of threads under the conversion tab. 2. The software detected all of my videos as Movies instead of Home Movies. If you highlight all videos, choose edit, and then choose Home Movies, it will change all of the highlighted videos to Home Movies. This is important because you want the software to use the seettings you configured for Home Movies. Now, if you choose to edit the first video, you can just use command+N to move through all videos (you will notice that all of the videos change to a green ok each time you use command+N). Having said that, I love this software and will never ever buy a video camera that uses .MTS format. Hope you found this review helpful.
More Reviews for Current Version
I love this app - I have used IVI for a long time, moving up through several incarnations, and I have always been blown away with the quality of the process. … One other thing that was very useful, is that, in the past I did have some problems after a couple of updates. What was amazing was the professional, and very personal, response by the developer. … He, very quickly, responded with a repair beta for me to test, and then that repair got pushed out in the next update. So, great software, great support.
Bardzo Dobry - Użyłem go kilka razy i zaskoczył mnie pozytywnie swoimi możliwościami oraz prędkością. Rzadnych problemów nie miałem, zdecydowanie polecam.
Hoping for More - I was hoping to convert a MPG format and a SVCD format, but the software did not work for either of them. What a waste of money.
FINALLY!!! - An app that does it all!! How I’ve missed having a program like this. Meta Chimp was always my fave, but this app is amazing. Even puts the chapters in for you! You’re the best… Don’t let this app ever come to an end!
Simply the best out there for me. - I’ve used this app for years (over many versions) and never had a single problem with a conversion ever. The reason this is my “GoTo” conversion app is that it is smart enough to recognise when the "Input Video” is already in the correct H264 encoding but its just in the wrong “Container” i.e. .MKV or .AVI & all it does is repack the video into the correct .mp4 container for my apple TV with Zero quality loss - which usually only takes 10 to 20 seconds per episode. other convertes go through the entire frame by frame process & can take up to 10 mins per episode. (I’ve converted 2HR 1080p HD .MKV movies in 30 seconds) Plus it’s ability to correctly identify & add iTunes Meta Data is awesome. If i could give more than 5 stars I honestly would