Developer: South Pole Software
Current Version: 3.812
Last Updated: 4 days ago
Download Size: 33.5 MB - Download
Please note : If you are using OS X 10.11 or macOS 10.12 or later please buy iVI 4 instead which is our latest version of iVI.
iVI is the best way to get your video into iTunes or iMovie and is the highest rated video converter in the App Store with 1700 five star ratings (US) since its introduction.
iVI will automatically identify TV Shows and Movies and add poster artwork, film plot or episode details, cast lists and more. iVI will format the video for all Apple platforms automatically including Mac, AppleTV, iPad, iPhone and iPod. iVI supports HD video (including 1080p and 720p), surround sound, multiple audio tracks (for various languages) and subtitles too.
Supported video formats include h.265, AVI, MKV, MTS, M2TS, FLV, AVCHD, MOD, TOD, MTS, M2TS, 3GP, MP4, MPG and most other popular formats.
Features include -
• Movie and TV Show information is automatically and added to your shows before they are placed in iTunes
• iVI will convert multiple audio channels from the file including various languages and surround sound and these are accessible from Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• iVI supports SRT, VobSub, PGS, SSA/ASS subtitles from the source file or external files and these are accessible from iTunes, Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• iVI can scan your folders at regular intervals and automatically convert files it finds and insert the video into iTunes
• iVI allows you to update your existing video files with information (meta-data) such as show descriptions, cast lists, poster art all for display in iTunes or from the desktop without the need to reconvert
• iVI provides a selection of poster art to choose from...
• PLEASE NOTE : iVI will not convert files protected with DRM or import DVDs. Please ensure you own the files you convert with iVI
• Fixes for TVDB lookup
• Fixes for subtitle conversion
Most Helpful Reviews
Awesome tool if you take into account this information - First off, thank you to the company that wrote this software. Here are a couple of tips: 1. Choose the number of threads that the software is allowed to use so it doesn’t max out your cpu all the time and cause your computer to overheat. You can adjust the number of threads under the conversion tab. 2. The software detected all of my videos as Movies instead of Home Movies. If you highlight all videos, choose edit, and then choose Home Movies, it will change all of the highlighted videos to Home Movies. This is important because you want the software to use the seettings you configured for Home Movies. Now, if you choose to edit the first video, you can just use command+N to move through all videos (you will notice that all of the videos change to a green ok each time you use command+N). Having said that, I love this software and will never ever buy a video camera that uses .MTS format. Hope you found this review helpful.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great Product. - Works Great and easy to use.
Straightforward and simple, but with many options. - iVI is my converter of choice. It’s simple and intuitive and has yet to fail me. Drag and drop the file, hit convert, and it ends up in iTunes with no fuss.