iTORxy AdBlocker TOR & Privoxy
Developer: Jose Antonio Jimenez Campos
Current Version: 1.8
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 15.3 MB - Download
This is the powerful solution to block all annoying content of Internet and keep your privacy. iTORxy is a graphical user interface to manage an embebed Privoxy proxy that lets you to block Ads, Tracking, Malware domains and other annoying content when browsing the Internet. And it includes a TOR proxy too, to access Internet privately and anonymously.
** Remember to click "Setup" at first run to configure your macOS proxy settings.
- Status bar App.
- Ultra high performance.
- Boost Internet speed (avoiding download unnecessary content).
- Launch at login.
- Filter annoying content.
- All your software that supports HTTP/HTTPS web proxy can use it; for example, Safari.
- Block Ads and Tracking, with +50.000 filters.
- Block malware domains.
- You can block Java Script and Flash objects.
- And you can hide your referrers and your User-Agent.
- Detailed logs of blocked contents.
- Regular App updates.
And activating TOR:
- Your Internet access is tunneled over the TOR network, and websites do not see your real public IP address.
- You can select any country to use as your virtual location when browsing Internet.
- Access the Internet through encrypted gateways routing through nodes across the globe through the TOR network.
- Access websites on the "deep web" of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible in the Tor network. (Note: Access .onion web sites doesn't work on Safari 10 under macOS Sierra).
Your privacy is our first concern!
You can get more information about Privoxy at https://www.privoxy.org
And you can get more information about The TOR Project at https://www.torproject.org
* Important Notes (Disclaimers):
- Internet speed through the TOR anonymization network is much slower than through a non-tunneled connection.
- iTORxy uses the TOR distributed networks that is produced independently from the TOR(r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The TOR Project about quality, suitability or anything else.
- TOR proxy does not function in China, Iran, and other locations that actively block TOR with DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) technology. Internet providers who use such filtering and censorship technology may also prevent it from working.
- iTORxy is only a graphical user interface and it doesn't have any relation with Privoxy and The TOR Project.
* Special thanks to Ángela García Jiménez for helping design creation.
* If you like it, please, rate it; and if you find any issue, please, contact us.
- macOS High Sierra improvements.
- TOR engine updated to version 0.3.1.7.
- Ad, malware and tracking lists updated.
Most Helpful Reviews
Please read/post this first review - This is, hands down, the first *actually* effective adblocker I’ve ever used. Not only because you can watch in real-time what precise targeted ads the app blocks, but also the speed and hassle-free connection that it enables. iTORxy is a must-have. I would like to see every one of Apple’s customers who take her or his on-network privacy seriously to install this on his/her computer. It is an asset that repays purchase price. No question. Wow! Keep up the fantastic work, Jose. .I would love to shake your hand (as well as the hand of your lovely wife, whom the app sweetly credits) and pick both your brains so to learn better how you’ve created such an excellent, effective app. Thank you.
doesnt work - seems sketchy and you have to put in a code when I look up on internet is a hijacker virus watch out
More Reviews for Current Version
Tor - I like the application
doesnt work - doesnt seem to work seems like a virus after looking up more info online so please help me if anyone can actually get this to work