Developer: Bitfield AB
Current Version: 2.9.1
Last Updated: 8 months ago
Download Size: 29.8 MB - Download
iSubtitle - Soft subtitled movies for your Apple gear
Inject subtitle files and metadata into your movies and TV-shows for your iTunes library and all your Apple devices, like the iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV and Mac.
The first and only application to take full advantage of Apple's soft subtitle technology. The subtitle tracks are resolution independent and rendered in real-time as you watch the movie. Subtitles are always displayed at the best quality your device can perform. There are support for multiple languages in the same movie file and you can even switch language on the fly as you watch. If you already have a movie in a format that suits your needs there's no reason to re-encode it, just add the subtitles and use File->Save and you're good to go. If, on the other hand, your movie is not suited for your device you can batch re-encode it straight from within the application. You can also tag your file with metadata so it's easier to find in your growing library of tv-shows and movies. Enjoy!
- Add soft, non-destructive subtitle tracks, that won't change or alter the original movie.
- Subtitles can be turned on/off using the interface of the device or application.
- Complete support for multiple languages in the same file.
- Supported devices are iPod, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
- Supported applications are iTunes, QuickTime Player or any app that can play a AVFoundation/QuickTime Movie.
- Built-in subtitle online search with automatic download, unarchive and parsing.
- Supports all major subtitle file formats like SubRip (.srt), SubViewer 1 & 2 (.sub), SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass), Spruce (.stl), Scenarist (.scc) and iTunes Timed Text (.itt).
- Matroska subtitles, like ssa/ass and srt, are automatically converted to soft subtitle tracks on import.
- Sync subtitles in real-time using the time offset stepper.
- Automatic and manual metadata tagging.
- Create chapter markers automatically or manually.
- Batch re-encode movies within the application to support your target device or application.
- Watch subtitled movies in fullscreen without leaving the application.
- Works perfect with 10.9 Mavericks.
• Please install Perian from www.perian.org to support more input formats like MKV and AVI.
• Sound problems with Perian and AC3 audio? There's an easy fix at http://www.bitfield.se/support/index.html?#1
• If you want FFMPEG export and support for both soft and hard-coded subtitles you should have a look at RoadMovie at http://appstore.com/mac/RoadMovie
• If you are having issues using iSubtitle, we want to help. Please contact us!
- Now using themoviedb.org for both Movie and TV Show metadata.
- More metadata for TV shows, like actors, genre and so on.
- Now exports to your Movies/iSubtitle folder when not exporting to iTunes.
- Added a checkbox in Preferences->General for AC3 audio pass through.
If you like iSubtitle, please rate it on the Mac App Store or tweet about it. Thx in advance!
Most Helpful Reviews
Greatness !!! - I don´t understand the people who says "Trash !!" or "don´t like it" in some way. All I have to say is that it does exactly what it says, the technical support is SUPERB !! This guy Isaksson Jorgen is awsome !! I could ask a question either by 3:00 am or 12:00 pm and he answered immediatly every time !! Greatness !!!
Doesn't do what I purchased it for - I have been looking for a good subtitling program that will allow me to create my own subtitles for some of my various French movies which don't already have English subtitles with them. I was led to believe, in looking at the product description carefully, that this program would allow me to do just that. Instead, after playing around with this program, I have discovered that it does NOT allow me to create my own subtitles to add to movies. The only thing it can do is load .srt files that have already been created to add to my movies. It doesn't allow me to even edit them so I can put them with another movie. I'm disappointed in my purchase. I spent $20 for something I will not even use and which doesn't even do what I purchased it for.
More Reviews for Current Version
Crashes in 10.10.2 (Yosemite) - Had some issues at first with the app crashing. I followed their support link (and instructions) in the App Store and that fixed the isse. Works as advertised. The passthrough export method is very convenient. Wish there was an option to specify delivery folders and pre/suffixes. Good app.
Works perfectly - This app works very well and just as advertised. I was looking for an app to add soft subtitles in multiple languages. This does it, does it well, and is easy to use.
Wrong description - I downloaed this software only becuase the description says you can add subtitles, and it is true... but only subtitles already created. I was looking to add my own subtitles. The description does not explain the above.
Not as advertised - I was looking for an app to easily add subtiltes to my own video. The description here seemed to fit that. Now that I download it, I discover it’s meant for movies that already have subtitle files. This is very misleading.
Misleading - I wanted to add subtitles to my own video. This is for movies that already have subtitles.