Developer: Technimo LLC
Current Version: 8.0.6
Last Updated: 16 days ago
Download Size: 52.5 MB - Download
Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 47 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
- Error messages are no longer modal and can be dismissed by clicking anywhere in the window
- Added option to scroll between songs with arrow keys and swipe gestures
- Audio Export in WAV format is now 16 bits depth rate
- Fixed song drawing regression with vertical spacers
- Fixed issue when importing single song and style wasn’t retained
- Reverted to previous search behavior where the search field is not cleared when switching between playlists
- Fixes for macOS High Sierra 10.13
- 12 new Blues styles are now available as a one time In-App purchase
- Each Blues style comes with guitar, keyboard, bass and drums tracks
- Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Improvements to audio
- Change tempo during playback
- Change instrument sounds during playback (Except drums)
- Exporting audio is now very fast
- Added two new electric guitars
- Added support for Touch Bar in latest MacBook Pro
Most Helpful Reviews
This is THE app to have if you are a musician - I have been looking for good charting program for over 20 years. I was blown away to find it (first) on an iPhone. It was cool enough to have that available on an iPhone, and later (even better) an iPad, but the fact is, for charting and managing your charts, this is simply the best app I have ever seen. I show this to every musician I play with (and some that I don't.) They are all blown away, and most get it pretty quickly. One musician I showed it to (a teacher) told me a story about how he was sitting in with a jazz group, when someone in the audience had a request for something they didn't know. They all pulled out their phones, and off they went. This teacher now highlights iRealB in the resources section of the handout he provides to his students. The developer is responsive (I sent an email a few years back and got an immediate response - but don't hold him to that now - he is probably MUCH busier these days.) He is obviously a craftsman who takes great pride in this product, as he should. And no, I am not a family friend - I don't know him. I am a longtime software developer myself (that's my day job,) and I really appreciate a well crafted software program like this one. I wouldn't want to be without it. Outstanding. Ten stars.
Sierra problems!! - After upgrading Mac to Sierra, I see iRealPro constantly starting in an endless loop. It was working OK on El Capitan. Please fix or provide solution