iReal Pro - Music Book & Play Along
Developer: Technimo LLC
Current Version: 7.0.1
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 38.8 MB - Download
Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from 47 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...)
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, fender rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and import any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be imported from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
Always backup your songs!
Most Helpful Reviews
This is THE app to have if you are a musician - I have been looking for good charting program for over 20 years. I was blown away to find it (first) on an iPhone. It was cool enough to have that available on an iPhone, and later (even better) an iPad, but the fact is, for charting and managing your charts, this is simply the best app I have ever seen. I show this to every musician I play with (and some that I don't.) They are all blown away, and most get it pretty quickly. One musician I showed it to (a teacher) told me a story about how he was sitting in with a jazz group, when someone in the audience had a request for something they didn't know. They all pulled out their phones, and off they went. This teacher now highlights iRealB in the resources section of the handout he provides to his students. The developer is responsive (I sent an email a few years back and got an immediate response - but don't hold him to that now - he is probably MUCH busier these days.) He is obviously a craftsman who takes great pride in this product, as he should. And no, I am not a family friend - I don't know him. I am a longtime software developer myself (that's my day job,) and I really appreciate a well crafted software program like this one. I wouldn't want to be without it. Outstanding. Ten stars.
Sierra problems!! - After upgrading Mac to Sierra, I see iRealPro constantly starting in an endless loop. It was working OK on El Capitan. Please fix or provide solution
More Reviews for Current Version
Beware if you have more than one Apple product - I purchased this to use mostly on my IMac then I thought wont it be great to be mobile si I installed it on my Mac book and wanted to have it on my iPad then I found that wont work. One of the reasons to have Apple products is that alll talk to each other. Anything you do on one will be wating on the next device when you get back to it. IReal Pro apparently doesn't understand that or they are just trying to squeeze every dollar they can get from the consumer. They charge you for that another 20 bucks that doesn't seem very fair there are all apple products Another 20 bucks for what, to line their pockets! What a rip off!
Problem - I buyed it on Mac app store but still having problem to install, my mac is Sierra, it just keeps downloading over and over but not being able to install. What should I do?
I use this program at least once a day when practicing - so helpful! - I’m not sure about any of the reviews, at the end of the day - I’m on an 2015 macbook pro with 10.11.6 El Cap - I have used this for about 3 years now. I got the iPad version first and used it while playing Sax. It was great for practice and for taking to my lesson and when the teacher would have improvise over a progression, we did it very quickly and looped. I actually use this every day with my piano practice now. Though my teacher doesn’t always love its voicings, the fact that I have chords and drums playing behind me keeps me enjoying the process of practicing. I love how I can slow things down so much you can be accurate and use the trainder to slowly spead it up (even a beat at a time). I use it to experiment and get new improvising ideas… even write songs with it… I am sure I have much more to learn about the app, but the best thing I can say is, “as compared to all the amazing-crazy-cool tools and apps in my life, I USE this one - DAILY! ————— I love that I really see improvements!!!” I can look at a passage and say now, “I probably need to start that at 40 bpm and let it bump me up by 2-3 bpm and I will have this within the next 20 mins… not tomorrow, not next week….. but today. It really does the job. I can’t say that about the effectiveness of too many tools. I hope you find it as helpful as I do. Peace-
Great app, but……. - Great app, but not real flexible. Wish it allowed me to do more than one page for a single tune.