iPhoto lets you do more than you ever thought possible with your photos, with easy ways to find, sort, and rediscover your favorite shots. Simple but powerful editing tools let you turn good photos into magnificent ones. Share directly to Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, and Messages. iPhoto also works with iCloud, so the photos you take on your iOS devices automatically appear in iPhoto, and you can share selected photos and videos with family and friends using iCloud Photo Sharing. You can even create professional-quality photo books, calendars and letterpress cards quickly and easily.
iCloud Photo Sharing
• Post photos and videos to other people’s shared photo streams, or create your own streams to share with friends and family
• View and add comments and likes to photos and videos in any shared stream
• My Photo Stream lets you view and automatically import recent photos taken on your iOS devices
• Automatically send newly-imported photos to all your iOS devices using My Photo Stream
• Post to your Timeline or a Facebook photo album and add a comment
• View friends’ photo comments right in iPhoto and post a comment back
• Support for multiple Facebook accounts
Custom Photo Email
• Ten Apple-designed themes
• Support for all popular email services
• Attach photos with one click
• Email sharing history
• Twelve themes including Holiday Mobile, Reflections, and Places
• Places slideshow theme uses location data in your photos
• Themes include instantly recognizable music
• Export directly to iTunes for syncing
Beautiful photo books
• Dynamic, carousel-based theme browser
• Theme preview with your photos
• Change book type, size and color with a click
• Page layouts include two-page, full-bleed spreads, perfect for panoramas
• Beautiful debossed designs imprinted on premium paper
• 31 themes complete with matching envelopes
• Personalize with your photos and text
• Available for a variety of occasions including births, weddings, and the holidays
• Unified photo library for both iPhoto and Aperture (v. 3.3 or later) allows you to easily switch between apps
• Events, Faces, Places, albums and web sharing work across both applications
iPhoto print products are available in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and select countries in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Some features and third-party services require Internet access and iCloud; additional fees and terms may apply. iCloud is available to persons age 13 or older.
Third-party services may not be available in all languages or in all countries. Use of these services requires Internet access and may require you to accept additional terms.
• Improves compatibility when migrating iPhoto libraries to the new Photos app in OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 (available this spring)
• Fixes an issue that caused iPhoto to display only the first 25 images in a Facebook album
• Fixes an issue that could cause iPhoto to become unresponsive when printing an image
Most Helpful Reviews
Working Fine After Yosemite Upgrade - I upgraded my old MacBook to Yosemite, and naturally this meant bringing the applications up to speed - iPhoto had a circle and line thru it, and needed to be upgraded. When I opened this page initially I was dismayed by the plethora of negative reviews, but I went ahead, and found that I could track the download progress below the Launchpad icon on my dock. It took a loooonnnngggg time, and then when it was finally done, it took a loooonnnnggg time to install, and THEN iPhoto had to upgrade my photo library, which only took a few minutes, and then it was done. I can only guess that the problem that many had was they didn’t have Yosemite yet, and/or they couldn’t see a visual loading bar after they clicked “download” for the new iPhoto, so they thought that it wasn’t downloading. If your computer is like mine, make sure you have updated your OS to Yosemite, update all of your other apps, then put the Launchpad icon in your dock, so you can see the iPhoto download progressing in the bar below it.
COMPLETE & TOTAL FRUSTRATION - There are no words that can accurately describe how bad this application is. Using this program is equivalent to throwing your phone at a wall and wondering why the photos are not transferred to your wall. This program takes forever to load, constantly crashes, is unbelievably unresponsive. I dont understand how they could have ever relasesd this program. There is no way that someone used this program before releasing it, otherwise it would have never been released. I am getting a tremendous amount of joy out of bashing this program. It feels like I am fighting back against something that gives me a remarkable amount of frustration. 1 star is waaaaaay more credit than this program deserves. Save yourself some time and just forget this program even exists. Horrible, just horrible….errggh, I hate iPhoto and guarantee you will too. Best day of my life (June 27, 2014)…. I learn that Apple will no longer develop iPhoto…..it will be entirely replaced with the new Photos App…..amazing….I hope in some small way I helped to drive the nail through the coffin that will forever keep iPhoto out of the hands of our future generations….APPLAUD!!!
More Reviews for Current Version
Hijacked! - I just wanted to download my last pics before I give my iPad to my Mom, but NO! Instead Apple hijacked my photos until I download their new app AND convert my photos which they say will take AN HOUR! I really didn’t appreciate this aggravation one bit.
SUPER SLOW - iPhoto is by far the slowest app on my brand new MacBook Pro. It takes the longest to open, and it extremely slow while I use it. I don’t have this problem with any other app on this computer. After clicking on a picture, or ANYTHING, I get the rainbow wheel of death. And God forbid I plug my iPhone in while iPhoto is open. The app takes about 3 minutes to acknowledge the fact I plugged my phone in, and little by little every photo appears on my MacBook screen. I don’t know why this app is so crappy.
Not sure what the fuss is about - I like iPhoto, I like the way it organizes my photos and I have as of yet (knock on wood) to have any problems with it. It’s been great and it has a ton of features that I find impressive. A lot of people throw their photos in it and don’t do anything with it other than that but I like to keep my photos organized and I find iPhoto is perfect for that. Not 5 star worthy, but certainly not less than four for me.
iPhoto Update? - Basically I have the same complaint as everyone else. It continues to say “installing”. I cannot access my photos which is very annoying and an inconvenience. Is anything being done about this? ~sigh~
Install Will Not Complete - After installing Yosemite, I noticed that all my photos were missing. A pop-up indicated that my previous version of iPhoto is incompatible and I must update it. I have tried again and again to install the newest verion of iPhoto however, the install will not complete. An hour later the status remains the same: “installing”. Exremely frustrating. What is going on Apple?