Developer: Indeeo, Inc.
Current Version: 3.1
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 16.5 MB - Download
Graphic is a powerful feature-packed vector drawing and illustration application for macOS.
"Lightweight vector drawing; easy to use; 9/10" - Mac.AppStorm.net
Featured in "Amazing Mac Apps", "...very powerful at a very decent price" - iCreate Magazine
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create intricate designs quickly and easily, and continue working on the go with Graphic for the iPad.
Create resolution-independent illustrations that can be pasted into Pages documents, included in Keynote presentations, or used together with iBooks Author.
- Import SVG, PDF, EPS, and Photoshop PSD files.
- Export designs as SVG, PDF, PNG, PSD, JPEG, GIF, and TIFF files.
- Copy selected objects as PNG, PDF, SVG, CSS properties, and Core Graphics code.
- Export icons, bitmap and vector images directly into Xcode xcasset folders.
- Export layers and tagged objects automatically as individual files.
Photoshop PSD Import/Export
- Import layered PSD files with vector paths and effects.
- Shape layers are imported as editable vector paths.
- Layer effects are imported as fully editable drop shadows, inner shadows, glows, etc.
- Export designs as layered PSD files.
Professional Drawing Tools
- Full-featured Bezier Pen tool for creating custom shapes.
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching.
- Essential set of shape creation tools.
- Boolean path combinations.
- Path multi-point selection and editing.
- Join, connect, and disconnect paths.
- Rotate, Scale, and Shear transform tools.
- Compound Paths.
- Convert Anchors tool.
- Eraser tool.
- Scissor tool.
- Dimensioning tool.
- Apply multiple strokes, fills, and effects to any object.
- Apply inner shadows, drop shadows, and glow effects to objects.
- Arrange the order of fills, strokes, and effects using drag and drop.
- 24 vibrant blend modes, including Multiply, Overlay, Linear Burn, Vivid Light, etc.
- Set blend modes for layers, shapes, fills, strokes, shadows, and glow effects.
Many other powerful features, including:
- Shape Libraries.
- Appearance Styles.
- Text on Path.
- Multi-style Text.
- Layers and Groups.
- Smart Alignment Guides.
- Labels and Dimensioning.
- Canvas Scale, Rulers, and Units (mm, cm, inches)
- Canvas Styles.
- Snap to Grid / Snap to Point.
- Align and Distribute objects.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- Linear, Radial, and Angle gradients.
- Image masking.
- Convert Text to Paths.
- Inner and Outer Strokes.
- Outline Stroke.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- RGB, HSB, and Hex Color Pickers.
- Pixel-Preview Mode.
- Import PDF files and annotations.
- Export as vector-based PDF and SVG files.
- Plugins / Powerful scripting API.
- ColorSync Color Management.
- Fast rendering of very complex projects.
- Multi-threaded drawing ensures lag-free scrolling and zooming.
- New CocoaScript plugin/scripting architecture
- Swift 4 code export
- PSD export with DPI settings
- SVG import improvements
- Many other fixes and improvements
Recent updates to the iPad and iPhone versions of Graphic, with iOS 11 and iPhone X support. Many more new features for all versions coming soon!
Most Helpful Reviews
Adobe divorce getting easier - iDraw has proven to be an excellent replacement for Adobe Illustrator. Transitioning from a familiar, decades-old, friend was relatively painless. I found the iDraw interface very Adobe-similar, and adapted to the differences without excessive frustration or time. Also impressive is Indeeo Inc's tech support. Response to usage/interface questions was quick, and to my amazement they personally alerted me of implementing a feature request submitted months prior. Very nice! iDraw's rich feature set and prompt tech support makes it a bargain and pleasure to use. Adobe Illustrator replacement seekers will not be dissapointed!
I expect it to all go down hill from here - I enjoyed using this app when I started using it last year but the new Autodesk buyout should change that. When Adobe started buying out it’s main competitors many were forced to buy bad updates at a premium price. Autodesk seems to be going the same route. It would have been good to see this company merge with another smaller company instead. Thankfully Affinity Designer and Photo came out this year and those two apps surpass Graphic in just about every area except for iOS support. I actually think that is fine for the time being as Mac OS is more mature anyways. Affinity versions of iOS are in the works so you can expect to see Graphics few advantages eclipsed quickly as Serif is rapidly coming out with great new updates. Artboards will be available in the next 2-3 months along with many more important updates.
More Reviews for Current Version
Needs Improvement!!! - I got this application to make a marketing project. I had to design a magazine cover and make a logo. I was really impressed with the app in the beginning stages of my project when I made my logo. It was very easy to use and my logo turned out great! When I got to the portion where I had to make the magazine cover, it all went downhill. The app started to continuously glitch. I tried multiple times to restart both the app and my Macbook and neither helped the glitching. The paint brush tool and the pencil tool are terrible. You “color” or “trace” in one area and the actual mark is on the other side of the page. After every paint brush or pencil move, you also have to go and click the little mouse button otherwise it will glitch out and you can’t even use the brush or pen for like 10 minutes. I have tried updating the app and that didn’t make an improvement either. Overall, I am very disappointed with this app and WOULD NOT recommend buying it. It’s a complete waste of $30. If you want to deal with constant glitching then great, get the app! It will probs make you very frustrated and disappointed like me though. It’s created many migraines and not a great project. I completely agree with another reviewer who said this app should be renamed “Garbage”!!!
What Happened To Panning Bar Update - I previously commented that "There used to be a pan bar for panning the canvas when zoomed in to a level where the canvas would not fit within the drawing window and that this pan bar is no longer available even though it is visible in the App Store screenshot." This holds true for the document I had been working on, which was created in a previous version of Graphic, however, I just created a new document and the panning bar appears when I zoom in sufficiently. Oddly, when the old and new files are open at the same time and can be individually viewed by clicking the applicable tab, the issue still exists.
My Favorite Drawing App - Love this app. Glad to see that’s it’s been updated. I was concerned after Autodesk took it over that it would disappear. I see that it’s owned by Picta, Inc. now. Hope it stays around and keeps being updated.
if i could rate less, i would - I thought this would be a nice tool for creating logos. I could do more on Microsoft paint in 2006. I wish I never spent the money on this. I'm really disappointed in the limitations of this. But this morning, I gave it another chance…. I shouldn't have. I’m currently here because of the lack of arc lettering, no tapered lettering, & the interface is NOT user friendly. This has been an ultimate waste of my time, and left me feeling even more connected to pencil and paper. DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME IF YOU WANT TO DESIGN.
I love this tool…and it functions great…not buggy…been using it for 4 years - Frankly, there is so much functionality in this app that it takes time to figure it out, but once you do, it will bring out the artist in you and you will experience great creative joy. Here are some of the things I am able to do now thanks to this tool: * Designing logos for letter head and business cards * Designing Jockey silks * Drawing images for children’s books * Designing very large (full sized bed) paper piecing patterns, (bed quilt sized) * Designing giant appliqué for appliqueing on my embroidery machine using multiple hoops. (45”x45” quilt of snoopy laying on his dog house, woodstock sitting on his belly, for example.) * Desiging vector diagrams to cut on cricut I’m not sure where the remarks come from on instability and lacking, but it made me want to share that my experience with heavy multi-purpose usage has been stellar. It is TERRIFIC, and the price is unbelievable, especially with the seamless integration with the iPad app. You need both. There are just some things that are way more efficient on the iPad, and the same holds true for the Mac version. note: I have not tried the scriting or the API yet.