With iDatabase, you can manage membership lists, expenses, projects, keep track of your passwords, internet accounts and much more! You can choose from its ready to use and easy to personalize database templates to organize any type of information or you can create a totally new database from scratch. iDatabase allows you to catalog all the information you want and then easily find it whenever you need.
Choose from 22 ready-to-use database templates which you can personalize to fit your needs. The following templates are included: Accounts, Books, CD Collection, Classes, Computers, Contacts, Customers, DVD Collection, Events, Exercise Log, Expenses, Inventory, Membership List, Mobile Phones, Movie Catalog, Notes, Pet Care, Projects, Recipes, Records, To Do, Vehicle Maintenance.
With iDatabase, you have a large number of different fields to enter your information. iDatabase lets you store your data in 14 different types of fields:
• Small text: use small text fields to store characters of letters, symbols, and numbers used as text in a single line of text without scrolling bar.
• Large text: use large text fields to store characters of letters, symbols, and numbers used as text in a multi line of text with scrolling bar.
• Number: use number fields to store integers or decimals numbers.
• Date: use date fields to store dates.
• Time: use time fields to store time.
• Date and time: use Date and Time fields to store a date and time together to reference a fixed point in calendar time.
• Image: use image fields to store images.
• Choose: use choose fields to present a list of mutually exclusive choices. Item picker fields are used as a means of selecting one choice from a list of two or many.
• Calculation Field: use calculation fields to present the result of a arithmetic operation between number fields content. A calculation field can be a result of addition, multiplication, ratio and subtraction.
• Email: use Email fields to store email addresses.
• Link: use Web link fields to store web links, FTP addresses or other URLs.
• Checkbox: use checkboxes fields to indicate one option that must be either on or off.
• Password: use password fields to store passwords or any other sensible text data.
• Phone: use phone fields to store phone numbers.
PROTECTION WITH CODE
The application can be protected by an access code to prevent unauthorized use.
SYNC/EXPORT/IMPORT AND BACKUP
iDatabase for Mac can be synchronized via Wi-Fi with iDatabase for iPhone (sold separately). The app supports Backup and Restore, Exporting and Importing of databases in .idatabase and .CSV formats. The .idatabase files preserve the complete content and structure of the database, including pictures and they can also be used by iPhone version of iDatabase.
For any product information, please contact our support, we are happy to provide information about our software and technical assistance: www.apimac.com/support/
• Fixes an issue with images field
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent Option To FileMaker For Average User - I’ve used FileMaker Pro for the last 6 years for basic things - movie collection, book collection, etc. I hated paying the ridiculous price that FileMaker cost - but I did it, assuming I would be able to use it for many years. Instead, I came to find out that I had to upgrade it every 2 years, in order for it to work with the latest Mac OS X operating system - at $200 a pop each time. This time, I refused to do it. I’ve only had iDatabase for a week, but I like it a lot - in fact, I like it a whole lot more than FileMaker. FileMaker, from the very beginning, reminded me of a Microsoft product - bloated, complicated and very hard to figure out (hard to believe that it’s owned by Apple). iDatabase reminds me of a traditional Apple software program - simple, intuitive and powerful - good enough for all but the most demanding users. I have been able to make beautiful custom templates for my specific needs, in a very short period of time (it also has lots of built-in templates). They look better and flow better than anything I was able to figure out in FileMaker. Filemaker Databases can be exported (in CSV form) and imported into iDatabase - though, like every one that I have ever done in any program, there are errors. Perhaps I just haven’t figured out how to do it correctly. So, I am updating the files individually. But hopefully, iDatabase will be successful and it will be the last time I need to transition my databases to a new program. There is not extensive help in iDatabase, but like an Apple program, it’s fairly easy to figure things out. So far, I have not encountered anything that required asking for support.
No Filtering Feature - I'm not sure what the point of a database application is without a filter feature (I didn't even check to see if iDatabase had one before downloading, because I assumed the need for one was obvious). The Search function is fine, but if I have a list of 5000 contacts, and can't use it to generate a list of the 150 of them that are personal friends (I created a Business/personal field with the completely reasonable expectation this would work.) As best as I can tell, I can't even get the records to sort by the Business/Personal field, so I can at least see all my personal contacts clumped together. If this doesn't matter to you, and you just want a place to store data, but not be able to access it efficiently, then I guess this app is worth the relatively low price tag. The support site says they're working on "More Flexible" searching features in the future. If they do come to offer filtering or more flexible sorting in the future, I'll gladly change my review - the UI is nice, and importing was a breeze. I will keep an eye out for updates that will make this app useful.