Developer: Chronos Inc.
Current Version: 4.2.0
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 29.8 MB - Download
iClipboard is the #1 clipboard manager. Its polished interface and class-leading features set it apart from all others. With the regular copy & paste commands on your computer, you can only paste the very LAST thing you copied. iClipboard makes copy & paste infinitely more useful. It works in the background by keeping a history of EVERYTHING you copy in any application. Then you can select ANY of your clippings and paste them into ANY application at ANY time. It's super fast and super easy!
iClipboard is like a time machine for your clipboard. It has a slick shelf interface that slides out from the side of your screen so you can browse your clipboard history. There's also a variety of keyboard shortcuts and menus for easily pasting clippings into the selected application. There's no more switching back and forth between applications copying and pasting the same things over and over. You'll be more productive and your hands will thank you!
Five Different Ways to Paste Clippings
• Use the Paste Blaster to quickly choose and paste a clipping
• Click a clipping on the Shelf to paste it
• Click the icon in the menu bar to select the clipping you want to paste
• Press a keyboard shortcut to quickly copy and then paste multiple clippings consecutively
• Paste multiple clippings in bulk all at once
• Slide the Shelf out unobtrusively from the side of the screen only when you need it
• Use the optional floating mode to place the Shelf anywhere on your screen
• Press a keyboard shortcut to show and hide the Shelf
• Optionally open and close the Shelf by moving the mouse to/from the edge of the screen
• Use the search field to find matching clippings
• View a large preview of any clipping (perfect for long text & movies)
• See the actual contents of file clippings via a QuickLook preview
• View the type, size, and capture date/time of a clipping
• View the originating application, originating document, and URL for relevant clippings
• Edit text and web clippings (useful for corrections or changes before pasting)
• Delete clippings from the history at any time
• Select multiple clippings at once
• Grab selected content in an application directly into a clipping on the Shelf
• Choose from six different screen positions for the Shelf: a) left or right; and b) top, middle, or bottom
• Choose from five different Shelf height settings: automatic, user-defined, small, medium, & large
• Dynamically adjust the width of the Shelf when its docked to the side of the screen
• Optionally paste rich text clippings as plain text (no formatting)
Organizing Your Clippings
• Assign clippings to projects (unlimited projects)
• Move or copy clippings between projects
• Lock a project to prevent clippings from being added or removed
• Name clippings that you use frequently for easier identification
• Sort clippings by capture date, name, project, kind (text, image, etc.), and application
• Drag and drop clippings in the exact order that you want them
Capturing Clippings From Other Applications
• Press Command-C in another application to add the clipping to the history
• Choose Edit > Copy in another application to add the clipping to the history
• Drag content (text, images, movies, files, etc.) to the Shelf to add it to the history
• Pause and resume recording at any time
Limiting The Clipboard History
• Blacklist applications that you don't want the software to record (useful for password managers)
• Set a size limit to ignore clippings larger than a specific size (useful for ignoring big video clippings)
• Set an age limit to automatically deletes clippings after a certain number of days, weeks, etc.
• Set a quantity limit to automatically maintain a maximum number of clippings in the Unfiled project
• Duplicate checking automatically ignores consecutively captured clippings that are the same
iClipboard — you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
• Added ability to suppress warning when editing text clippings
• Added compatibility with utilities like PopClip and other applications that conform to nspasteboard.org's prescribed method for putting transient data on the system clipboard
• Commonly used keyboard shortcuts can now be used as hotkeys (but their use is discouraged)
Most Helpful Reviews
A great clipboard manager - The UI is very intuitive - I caught on to this tool's operation quickly. It's quite configurable as well, and the app remains as a tab on the side of the screen (or location of your choice) until you choose to see more of it. All in all, it's a pleasure to use.
Not updating App Store version for years! - This is my third app in the last 3 months that I’ve noticed the app store version is no longer updated. This is version 4 and it is currently version 6 on their website. It no longer works for me under Sierra. While I might understand that they don’t like the terms and conditions of the App Store, they should then have the integrity to pull the app rather than offer a second-rate version that most likely will not work for anyone! Also, they do have emails for many of us who bought it from the app store - why haven’t they contacted us and let us know the situation and at least offer some incentive to switch to purchase it directly? Poor communication and extremely poor business! Don’t purchase this app.
More Reviews for Current Version
Good, but needs one more feature. Area Selection clip. - Clips text and graphics nicely. Sidebar storage slides out of the way ok. Including an option to drag a rectangle to capture a specific area would put this App way above the competition.
broken - no updates in years - udpates have ceased - broken on latest OSX
Use this app at your peril - iClipboard locked up. I can’t use it, quit it, or force quit it. A request for support (ticket ID 9888) was acknowledged April 20 and not a word since. Normally, it’s a joy to use. But this is unacceptable.
Just great. - Really cool features, smooth UI, but just a tad pricey.